By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am devastated (again)

Kerotan said:
sergiodaly said:
I had that problem in GTA V as well, but I manage to get it, the GTA IV isn't fixable by playing the single player again in a rush? If you have the online trophies, i would do it, if not, then forget it, they are a huge grind on top of playing the single campaign again. Rock star was one my favorite devs 10 years ago, now not so much...

When the glitch happened that prevented me from getting the trophy for 100% in gta 4 I decided fuck it and didn't go for the online trophies.. The online is now shut down so it's not possible anyway. Such a stupid platinum gta 4. Hopefully they remaster it some day with a new platinum not connected to online modes.

What glitch fucked you over in gta v? 

The one where you as Franklin buy the Taxi Company and after that you have to wait for a call and do a side mission of driving someone to his destination. Never got the call, only after jumping through some hoops ibdid manage to receive the call and do the damn mission... 

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

I know how you feel. Similar thing happened to me for Final Fantasy 10. I'm missing one of those Al Bhed Primers to get platinum. However, I missed the one that I cant go back to. Oh well.

sergiodaly said:
Kerotan said:

When the glitch happened that prevented me from getting the trophy for 100% in gta 4 I decided fuck it and didn't go for the online trophies.. The online is now shut down so it's not possible anyway. Such a stupid platinum gta 4. Hopefully they remaster it some day with a new platinum not connected to online modes.

What glitch fucked you over in gta v? 

The one where you as Franklin buy the Taxi Company and after that you have to wait for a call and do a side mission of driving someone to his destination. Never got the call, only after jumping through some hoops ibdid manage to receive the call and do the damn mission... 

Same thing happened here. Rockstar knew about this glitch from the ps3 version yet they didn't bother fixing it on the ps4 version. That annoyed me the most. 

I read online people said it randomly popped months later when switching from online back to offline. Luckily gta online was turbulent at the time and would often disconnect and boot you back to the single player. And months later one of the days I was kicked offline the taxi mission popped. Same for the Tonya mission. 

It annoys me how such a big and wealthy developer doesn't fix such a thing. Anyway at least I got it. 

That was what the game RAGE did to me. I completed all the races and vehicle battles post-story, some of which were hard as all hell, only to find out that certain collectibles can’t be accessed after certain points in the story, so I couldn’t get either the collectives or 100% trophy unless I did it all again. I literally said fuck that, and destroyed the disc. 82% forever.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:

That was what the game RAGE did to me. I completed all the races and vehicle battles post-story, some of which were hard as all hell, only to find out that certain collectibles can’t be accessed after certain points in the story, so I couldn’t get either the collectives or 100% trophy unless I did it all again. I literally said fuck that, and destroyed the disc. 82% forever.

Ha ha. :) I did that once, with NHL 10 on the PS3.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

It looks like I won't 100% Skyrim yet again. The Deadric artifacts trophy should have popped by now. I've had all the items in my possession at one point, although not all at the same time.
The amount of glitched quests is starting to pile up in the misc section as well, turn off and ignore. Too bad you can't simply delete them.

DialgaMarine said:

Haha class. I buy all digital now so those days are over 

SvennoJ said:
It looks like I won't 100% Skyrim yet again. The Deadric artifacts trophy should have popped by now. I've had all the items in my possession at one point, although not all at the same time.
The amount of glitched quests is starting to pile up in the misc section as well, turn off and ignore. Too bad you can't simply delete them.

So, given this is the second time this has happened to you with the same game, I'm guessing it doesn't bother you too much? I haven't played a Bethesda developed game, or anything running on one of their engines, since Fallout 3 drove me to the edge of madness. The idea being, to not willfully subject myself to something that will almost certainly enrage me repeatedly.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Feel sorry for you bro, platinum in Rockstar games are always a pain in the ass. Doing all the collectiables in GTA V made me quit the platinum of the game, just too annoying to do imo. And I am a person who usually platinums all games that I play (even time-consuming ones like The Witcher 3 or Dark Souls) so you got my respect for getting the platinum in GTA V. I always check if there are missable trophies before I start a game, you should do that too in the future to avoid this. To be honest I can't understand why developers put trophies like these in the game...

mZuzek said:
That's why you shouldn't care about trophies or whatever... the satisfaction from playing, or potentially completing a game should come from you know, playing or potentially completing the game, not the system telling you you got a platinum trophy and giving you a pat in the back.

Seriously never understood the appeal of universal achievements. But, to each their own I guess.

100% agree with you on this.  Gaming is a hobby meant for enjoyments sake.  Achievement/Trophy hunters turn it into a job and seek validation from the publisher and platform to tell them whether or not they got maximum enjoyment out of a game.  Say "John Smith" and I buy the same game, and I play through the campaign and enjoy it in my normal fashion, but John Smith makes sure to kill 100 enemies with a baseball bat, 100 with an umbrella, and 100 with a chainsaw because the game tells him he will get a "trophy" for doing so.  Does that mean John Smith got more of his money's worth out of the game?  No.  If the game is good, and I enjoyed it, then I got my money's worth already.  I don't need to do an arbitrary collect-a-thon etc. to tell me it was worth my time.  My gaming time is limited as it is.  Once I've finished a game's story, I have time to move onto enjoying the next game.  If I buy a basketball game and win the NBA Finals with my favorite franchise, that's rewarding.  Not playing only as a team that the publisher has tied into an "achievement" because they say I need to score 50 points, 20 rebounds, and 20 assists with LeBron James.