By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am devastated (again)

VAMatt said:
sergiodaly said:

The one where you as Franklin buy the Taxi Company and after that you have to wait for a call and do a side mission of driving someone to his destination. Never got the call, only after jumping through some hoops ibdid manage to receive the call and do the damn mission... 

I had this same issue.  But, as I recall, I looked up the solution online pretty quickly, so I didn't waste too much time with it. 

Yeah, there was a "easy" fix by buying the tow truck business and doing a tow truck mission,  the thing was that I bought that first and I've done all the tow truck missions before the Taxi purchase,  that locked me out of that fix... I had to try other fixes that didn't work as promised, but I end up doing something that did trigger the call. It did take some precious time though... 

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Video games can be upsetting sometimes. I feel your pain.

sergiodaly said:
VAMatt said:

I had this same issue.  But, as I recall, I looked up the solution online pretty quickly, so I didn't waste too much time with it. 

Yeah, there was a "easy" fix by buying the tow truck business and doing a tow truck mission,  the thing was that I bought that first and I've done all the tow truck missions before the Taxi purchase,  that locked me out of that fix... I had to try other fixes that didn't work as promised, but I end up doing something that did trigger the call. It did take some precious time though... 

Basically the same happened me. Sometimes if you lagged out of the online back to single player it fixed it. That's what I done. 

I finally did the paramedic mission. That put me in a dark dark place mentally. I listened to the Joe rogan podcast the time I succeeded and it definitely helped. Now I can have fun again.

Why am I surprised but I get raped by rocks tar glitches again. This time a glitch called purple nines. It's when you start a new game and a certain gang is gone which stops you doing a mission.

So 60% complete and I'm fucked again. I deleted my save files on the ps4 and th the cloud. I'm not sure if I'll go a third time.

Losing a lot of respect for rocks tar releasing these games with known game breaking bugs and no warning. So much pain and suffering. I feel like venom snake.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Why am I surprised but I get raped by rocks tar glitches again. This time a glitch called purple nines. It's when you start a new game and a certain gang is gone which stops you doing a mission.

So 60% complete and I'm fucked again. I deleted my save files on the ps4 and th the cloud. I'm not sure if I'll go a third time.

Losing a lot of respect for rocks tar releasing these games with known game breaking bugs and no warning. So much pain and suffering. I feel like venom snake.

I didn't see you started a second time till' just now. Oh fuck man. I am aware of the Purple Nines glitch. I remember reading about it when I did my run. I know it's just a game, but you have my sympathy. This type of thing has happened to me many times. My first thread on VGC  ( the old site, it's not accessible unless you're a mod ) was a total meltdown over a glitched plat in fact.:) For InFamous. It wasn't a good look. ha.I ended up starting hard mode from scratch the same day it failed to pop the first time, and getting it a few days later. But again, as for your situation, that blows man. Have a beer or 2. Maybe it will help. Best of luck if you start a 3rd time.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Kerotan said:

I didn't see you started a second time till' just now. Oh fuck man. I am aware of the Purple Nines glitch. I remember reading about it when I did my run. I know it's just a game, but you have my sympathy. This type of thing has happened to me many times. My first thread on VGC  ( the old site, it's not accessible unless you're a mod ) was a total meltdown over a glitched plat in fact.:) For InFamous. It wasn't a good look. ha.I ended up starting hard mode from scratch the same day it failed to pop the first time, and getting it a few days later. But again, as for your situation, that blows man. Have a beer or 2. Maybe it will help. Best of luck if you start a 3rd time.

Unfortunately I can't drink atm but I really need one. I had read about the glitch too but I thought it was only if you left it until after the final mission. I didn't realise it was to do with a new game save. 

I can't believe these fucking clowns. First a glitch stopped me getting 2 gold trophies to plat gta iv, then glitches caused me to spend about 3 months extra trying to get the gta v plat and now gta 3 is making me play it a third time. 

What hurts me the most is I should be well into vice city by now which is my favourite ps2 gta. Instead I'm stuck doing this 3 times so I'm going to be burnt out by the time I'm done and won't be in the mood for vice city.

Fool me once,  shame on you. 

Fool me twice,  shame on me. 

Fool me trice, FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR. 

So just started my third playthrough and I delved deep into the dark pits of hell. Decided to do the paramedic missions first and got to level 12 and on the final pic up and I flipped the ambulance.

Love how the npc screams omg and life is fucked up. So true.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6d0uq4

So I decide to listen to the Joe rogan podcast again because this shits so boring and I did it. Took like 30mins but I wasn't even paying attention as I listened to the podcast. Made the paramedic missions feel like 10mins. When I completed it I was very surprised. Anyway, that's out of the way I can focus on the third playthrough.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6d0x6g