Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am devastated (again)

VAMatt said:
I think you'd be better off to 100% something new than play that whole game again just for a couple of trophies.

I'm getting through it at least twice as fast though this time around. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Update: currently retrying the level 12 paramedic. I can't believe I'm back trying this again. Couldn't do it after 90mins of trying and unlike last time I'm using the health cheat. It's just so hard to keep my concentration for so long.  

Are you allowed to use cheats for trophies? ^^

Dr.Vita said:
Kerotan said:

Update: currently retrying the level 12 paramedic. I can't believe I'm back trying this again. Couldn't do it after 90mins of trying and unlike last time I'm using the health cheat. It's just so hard to keep my concentration for so long.  

Are you allowed to use cheats for trophies? ^^

Yes for gta 3. I'm proud of the fact I didn't on my first play through but this time around I'm using them 

DP

Ok so i'm now at rock bottom. off the top of my head this is my lowest ever point in gaming. so obviously it was very annoying losing out on the 100% and having to restart. But the biggest kick in the teeth is doing the level 12 paramedic all over again.It takes such a mental toll having to concentrate for so long. I must have spent about 10 hours trying to complete it the first time around with no cheats. Obviously never wanted to have to do it again but here we are. 

So now i've been spending about 3 hours. The last attempt i got to level 12 with only 3 left to pick up. A cop car decides to take me out when i'm on the home straight. Those clowns don't obey the sirens like they should. Anyway i had one hand on the prize and then this happens. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ct8el

Seriously that absolutely prick of a cop just takes me out. 66 people saved out of 69. FML.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
sergiodaly said:

The one where you as Franklin buy the Taxi Company and after that you have to wait for a call and do a side mission of driving someone to his destination. Never got the call, only after jumping through some hoops ibdid manage to receive the call and do the damn mission... 

I had this same issue.  But, as I recall, I looked up the solution online pretty quickly, so I didn't waste too much time with it. 

Yeah, there was a "easy" fix by buying the tow truck business and doing a tow truck mission,  the thing was that I bought that first and I've done all the tow truck missions before the Taxi purchase,  that locked me out of that fix... I had to try other fixes that didn't work as promised, but I end up doing something that did trigger the call. It did take some precious time though... 

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Video games can be upsetting sometimes. I feel your pain.

sergiodaly said:
VAMatt said:

I had this same issue.  But, as I recall, I looked up the solution online pretty quickly, so I didn't waste too much time with it. 

Yeah, there was a "easy" fix by buying the tow truck business and doing a tow truck mission,  the thing was that I bought that first and I've done all the tow truck missions before the Taxi purchase,  that locked me out of that fix... I had to try other fixes that didn't work as promised, but I end up doing something that did trigger the call. It did take some precious time though... 

Basically the same happened me. Sometimes if you lagged out of the online back to single player it fixed it. That's what I done. 

I finally did the paramedic mission. That put me in a dark dark place mentally. I listened to the Joe rogan podcast the time I succeeded and it definitely helped. Now I can have fun again.

Why am I surprised but I get raped by rocks tar glitches again. This time a glitch called purple nines. It's when you start a new game and a certain gang is gone which stops you doing a mission.

So 60% complete and I'm fucked again. I deleted my save files on the ps4 and th the cloud. I'm not sure if I'll go a third time.

Losing a lot of respect for rocks tar releasing these games with known game breaking bugs and no warning. So much pain and suffering. I feel like venom snake.