By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sold all my consoles.

endimion said:
Can we come back on the real issue here... People walking bare foot.... I mean what a fuck why would you lose the confyness of socks...????

I don't have socks on right now and I'm freezing, I'm sure if I put some on I'd be more comfy but you know what?

I gave up socks because I was wasting my time putting them on and taking them off everyday! That's why!

andyy

Around the Network

Pagan said:

There are so many threads about how the sword of a kingdom hearts character ( a fictional persons Sword) is looking like and i cant post that i give up my passion for about 30 years? Why 30 years? Because i have watched before i could touch the first gaming machine, my brother how he played. I am a Player since i was born. Considering the first 3 - 4 years as a passive player. So many strange threads which has no realy effect on our life but you came to tell me that my Thread is a huge problem? Why? Because i have told the truth? Does it hurt you when someone from your side is waking up and is saying "hey, we are wasting our fuxxxng time" for NOTHING. Its nothing. It doesnt give you joy. Thats not real. There are fictional. Not real. They will not help you if you have a bad time. They are not REAL! They will not embrace you if you need someone. Its wasting our time. Nothing more. And dont tell me that 5 scientists have said that playing games are good for a part in your brain. I am sure if that was your problem there are things which can activate that parts of your brain in the same way. I for my self find it stupid. I could have made another master in m University or could have read so many books. Or meer so many new people. But i was infront of the tv for 30 years with friends which are even not real.

Chazore said:
I feel like this thread has touched a touchy nerve with some folk. The man can do what he wants. I don't tell you how to game and live life, don't tell him to either.

Either way, I hope you manage to get on fine with your life and son OP. Best of luck to ye.

Of course he's free to do what he wants. And when he posts a patronizing turd of word vomit like the one quoted above, we're all free to point and laugh. Besides, we're all non real internet peeps to him, so our opinions surely don't matter to him one way or another. Though for some reason that didn't stop him from coming on a public forum full of non real internet peeps to share his hypocritical attitude with, but hey......that's his right too. 

f

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Angelus said: 

Of course he's free to do what he wants. And when he posts a patronizing turd of word vomit like the one quoted above, we're all free to point and laugh. Besides, we're all non real internet peeps to him, so our opinions surely don't matter to him one way or another. Though for some reason that didn't stop him from coming on a public forum full of non real internet peeps to share his hypocritical attitude with, but hey......that's his right too. 

The same way the people going against him treat his opinion in the end of things.

If you want to have others treat you in kind, best to do the same first, if not, don't expect them to respond to you nicely.

People can call him as they see him, but I also call the people in this thread, saying it's "pointless" and "it doesn't matter", while posting in the very threat they call pointless as being foolish.

It's like saying you want to ignore something, because you say it's worthless, yet at the same time you pay 100% attention to it. It comes off as half stupid.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Why not save it? My younger brother uses my old ds and he loves being able to experience the mid gen Pokemon and Mario games. Your son would’ve loved it

Around the Network

You sold all your consoles... so yeah... that's good, I guess. Hope you do well.

Chazore said:
Aeolus451 said:

. He's basically virtue signalling to the forum. They more or less have a problem with the "bye, got more important shit to do". No one cares that he's quitting gaming. 

This situation is like those people who want permabans and make a big show of it. If they really just wanted to quit, they would say fair well to their friends and disappear. If I quit gaming, I would just sell my stuff then stop  gaming/going to gaming forums. I would just disappear from the scene. 

Yet it's not against the rules for him to make a thread in detailing why he sold his possessions. People who think it's bs think he should get banned, yet that's an opinion, not of the rules.

They wouldn't make a big thing of it?. Then what about all those "I just got X console "threads?. No one really needs to care on someone owning a console. Same should be for someone selling theirs as well. 

Rules?  I didn't mention anything in that sense. Stop strawmanning. No cares that he's quitting gaming. It's the nature of his "fair well" that's the problem. it's comes off as virtue signaling or as attention seeking. Ya know that ya don't have to defend him just because he kept his "pc" for dicking around the net, right?

Mnementh said:
vivster said:

I'd be up for that. And why not include games in there to make it even more exclusive :)

Aw, crap, I once sold a few games. That I didn't bought myself, I kinda got them besides other stuff.

Well, then you're out. I never sold a single game or a console. Go play with your game selling cretins :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Stay on topic people.... Socks or no socks???

Chazore said:
I feel like this thread has touched a touchy nerve with some folk. The man can do what he wants. I don't tell you how to game and live life, don't tell him to either.

The thread would've gone much better, if the OP wouldn't have started with hostility against the hobby of everyone here. He probably didn't meant to do that, probably he convinced himself gaming was evil, to get to such a drastic step. It got worse with answers to some early posts (as you can see the thread started out relatively civil and was slowly going downhill). Naming gaming as a waste of time (as if entertainment wouldn't have positive effect on your psyche, or do you want to work all day) or having no real effect on your life. Fatslob reacted right to this: "Sounds like you're having a midlife crisis ...".

I mean, you say the thread touched a nerve with some folk. But to the pretty harmless statement "Ok?Was there really a need for a thread?", the OP exploded into: "Its nothing. It doesnt give you joy. Thats not real. There are fictional. Not real. They will not help you if you have a bad time. They are not REAL! They will not embrace you if you need someone. Its wasting our time. Nothing more." The OP is the one touchy on the subject. And his language over time triggered others.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]