By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sold all my consoles.

Pagan said:

There are so many threads about how the sword of a kingdom hearts character ( a fictional persons Sword) is looking like and i cant post that i give up my passion for about 30 years? Why 30 years? Because i have watched before i could touch the first gaming machine, my brother how he played. I am a Player since i was born. Considering the first 3 - 4 years as a passive player. So many strange threads which has no realy effect on our life but you came to tell me that my Thread is a huge problem? Why? Because i have told the truth? Does it hurt you when someone from your side is waking up and is saying "hey, we are wasting our fuxxxng time" for NOTHING. Its nothing. It doesnt give you joy. Thats not real. There are fictional. Not real. They will not help you if you have a bad time. They are not REAL! They will not embrace you if you need someone. Its wasting our time. Nothing more. And dont tell me that 5 scientists have said that playing games are good for a part in your brain. I am sure if that was your problem there are things which can activate that parts of your brain in the same way. I for my self find it stupid. I could have made another master in m University or could have read so many books. Or meer so many new people. But i was infront of the tv for 30 years with friends which are even not real.

First of all, addressing the OP, it's my personal opinion that selling all your consoles is quite selfish on your part. Unless you were addicted to gaming, and you absolutely had to get all these things away from you to resist temptation, there's no reason to throw it all out, and deny your child the joy they might have some day playing those games. Playing them together with you even.

Secondly, I want to address this post specifically. You need to get over yourself.

1. Don't presume to know what does or doesn't give others joy

2. If you believe video games are a waste of time because they are works of fiction, I assume you are also giving up movies, TV (outside of news and sports), as well as any fictional books yes? After all, none of that shit is real right? It's "NOTHING." 

Honestly, you can keep your patronizing BS to yourself.

Around the Network

That's gonna work out great when you're re-buying a PS4 and a Switch in a few weeks.

so......phone app games?

K bye.

Angelus said:

Pagan said:

There are so many threads about how the sword of a kingdom hearts character ( a fictional persons Sword) is looking like and i cant post that i give up my passion for about 30 years? Why 30 years? Because i have watched before i could touch the first gaming machine, my brother how he played. I am a Player since i was born. Considering the first 3 - 4 years as a passive player. So many strange threads which has no realy effect on our life but you came to tell me that my Thread is a huge problem? Why? Because i have told the truth? Does it hurt you when someone from your side is waking up and is saying "hey, we are wasting our fuxxxng time" for NOTHING. Its nothing. It doesnt give you joy. Thats not real. There are fictional. Not real. They will not help you if you have a bad time. They are not REAL! They will not embrace you if you need someone. Its wasting our time. Nothing more. And dont tell me that 5 scientists have said that playing games are good for a part in your brain. I am sure if that was your problem there are things which can activate that parts of your brain in the same way. I for my self find it stupid. I could have made another master in m University or could have read so many books. Or meer so many new people. But i was infront of the tv for 30 years with friends which are even not real.

First of all, addressing the OP, it's my personal opinion that selling all your consoles is quite selfish on your part. Unless you were addicted to gaming, and you absolutely had to get all these things away from you to resist temptation, there's no reason to throw it all out, and deny your child the joy they might have some day playing those games. Playing them together with you even.

Secondly, I want to address this post specifically. You need to get over yourself.

1. Don't presume to know what does or doesn't give others joy

2. If you believe video games are a waste of time because they are works of fiction, I assume you are also giving up movies, TV (outside of news and sports), as well as any fictional books yes? After all, none of that shit is real right? It's "NOTHING." 

Honestly, you can keep your patronizing BS to yourself.

Pretty much the same feelings on this post,

- To think that books rather than games would be a better use of time

- To refer to friends in online games as not real because they're in video game land

These honestly sound like the arguments of someone who hasn't a clue about gaming or the world in general, if you try to put down one form of entertainment because it's "a waste of time" but pick up another as a superior waste of time, then all you have is a lack of understanding about what is and isn't a waste of time.

To consider people on the internet as "not real" that you play your games with (unless you suggest that characters in games are your friends, which is a whole other kettle of fish) is just wrong, it's a narrow minded view of the world, I played WoW for many years, with people who were very much real but living in other countries, from that I traveled from Ireland to Belgium, Germany, UK and the Netherlands to stay with some of those people and have great holidays together. Also had many not real people visit our home here in Ireland and show them the country I live in all over communications started in a game.

And yeah like others said, you've a kid now, when your kid is growing up and starts to develop hobbies what are you going to tell him yours are? Are you going to try and fake it as someone interested in sports as that is less a waste of time and suggest he doesn't go into the same hobbies which you had for 30 years? It very much sounds like there is an outsider voice telling you the things you put in your post here OP, a voice which for one thing doesn't understand what gaming is and another most certainly does not understand you as a person, they've asked that you effectively throw away a 30 year portion of your life because they deem it as a waste of time in comparison to other activities.

But aye, play your Hearthstone on your phone, install PoGo and King Oddball, those are good "wastes of time" and hopefully you don't get nagged about them being as such while you be a good dad and hold a book cover around your phone.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Damn, giving up games and spending time with kids, what a waste.

I have held on to all my consoles since the atari 2600.

I could never imagine giving them up. Totally odd move OP. To each their own, they are your consoles to do what you want with.

Am happy for you, OP. Have a good one.

From a creative perspective, it is good to see different game designs and trends.  I don't think at any age, I would ever stop being interested in games, tech, and the market. Hopefully you have some fulfilling ways to spend that time that won't just turn you into a drone, such as art, music, cultural participation, peace corp, or whatever.  Just don't lose the path to your inner child and flare or you may find yourself old pretty quickly.

Atari St 520 fm was are first console, playing with me dad on double dragon, gauntlet II, and many others was brilliant as a kid. Still have the Atari. Just take a break.