By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sold all my consoles.

endimion said:
Stay on topic people.... Socks or no socks???

Socks. But someone actually made that thread: gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233717

Around the Network
Chazore said:
SegataSanshiro said:

The 2 people really standing up for this dumb topic are the people who are boasting about how they don't have consoles and are of the stupid meme for pc master race. PC only gamers are kinda like vegans. They shit on people who aren't like them, if they're there they'll make sure you know, and they constantly brag about being a pc gamer even though no one else gives a fuck.

Except none of that has to do with the fact that people are defending their biased "calling out" against OP's decision to sell his possessions. People call it a pointless thread, then why are people posting and still posting if the thread is so pointless. It's like catching out someone who did something silly, then questioning them on why they carry on doing the silly thing, only to find them trying to excuse themselves, in order to carry on doing the silly thing.

OP wants to raise his son, he uses his PC for printing and other menial tasks, it has nothing with PC vs consoles, let alone the PCMR meme at all.

You ignore that nobody called him out until the OP decided to burst out into emotion and attack gaming as nothing, not real and a waste of time. That was the point people got hostile. Becaause - you see - people don't like to being attacked and either defend (ignore the thread) or attack back. This si what happened here. If the OP would've abstained from attacking and just told that he decided to sell his consoles because of family, nobody would've attacked him. You would still see the people saying it was an error, or the people saying he'll regret it later, but that is something else.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pagan said:
Nautilus said:
Ok?Was there really a need for a thread?

There are so many threads about how the sword of a kingdom hearts character ( a fictional persons Sword) is looking like and i cant post that i give up my passion for about 30 years? Why 30 years? Because i have watched before i could touch the first gaming machine, my brother how he played. I am a Player since i was born. Considering the first 3 - 4 years as a passive player. So many strange threads which has no realy effect on our life but you came to tell me that my Thread is a huge problem? Why? Because i have told the truth? Does it hurt you when someone from your side is waking up and is saying "hey, we are wasting our fuxxxng time" for NOTHING. Its nothing. It doesnt give you joy. Thats not real. There are fictional. Not real. They will not help you if you have a bad time. They are not REAL! They will not embrace you if you need someone. Its wasting our time. Nothing more. And dont tell me that 5 scientists have said that playing games are good for a part in your brain. I am sure if that was your problem there are things which can activate that parts of your brain in the same way. I for my self find it stupid. I could have made another master in m University or could have read so many books. Or meer so many new people. But i was infront of the tv for 30 years with friends which are even not real.

I understand what youre saying. Felt the same way sometimes, specially when I realized I had spent 800 hours playing destiny. So im trying to never touch an mmo again and im trying to stick with 20 hour single player games. But maybe you were just playing too much? Maybe coulndt control how many hours per week you were playing? 

Anyway for me games are just a form of entertainment. Whats the difference in reading a sherlock holmes book, watching 6 fotball games or playing the last of us? Its just entertainment and you can sink your life in all of this. But if this wasnt entertainment for you anymore, for a lack of control, time or changes in life, then good for you. Changing is always good. And at the end of the day focusing you kid in doing outdoor stuff is much better for health anyway.

Aeolus451 said:
Chazore said:

Actually, people seem to care enough to make snarky or "well, ugh bye I guess" type comments. No one is forcing those people to comment at all either.

A cry for attention?, you mean like all the shitty warz thread we get each week or other crappy threads?. Where the hell is everyone screeching at those?.

People can do what they want, but they themselves are absolutely not free from being called out in return. 

If no one truly cared, no one would be paying attention to the thread, that's a fact like it or not. If you don't care, don't post, if you don't care about something, don't pay any mind to it, it's that simple. 

When I look back on this thread, it's really just someone who wanted to talk about selling his property and raising his son. People took the console selling side with zero pinches of salt and decided to come down on him like the a failed crowd of sarcastic comedy. He can sell what he wants, you have zero say in what he can and cannot do with his stuff. I don't ell you how to run your life, don't tell me how to run mine.

. He's basically virtue signalling to the forum. They more or less have a problem with the "bye, got more important shit to do". No one cares that he's quitting gaming. 

This situation is like those people who want permabans and make a big show of it. If they really just wanted to quit, they would say fair well to their friends and disappear. If I quit gaming, I would just sell my stuff then stop  gaming/going to gaming forums. I would just disappear from the scene. 

Exactly this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Chazore said:
SegataSanshiro said:

People often mistake free speech as something without consequence. It may not be against the ToS but it's still stupid and deserves the backlash.

It also doesn't stop backlash against people claiming it's not stupid to post in a thread they deem as "pointless". if it's pointless, then why bother?, trying to excuse calling something pointless and then talking in said pointless thread just makes the user look like a bit stupid and short sighted. 

Again, if the OP decided to take the attack-stance (and he clearly did), it seems strange to call out the people who attack back.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Chazore said:

Yet it's not against the rules for him to make a thread in detailing why he sold his possessions. People who think it's bs think he should get banned, yet that's an opinion, not of the rules.

They wouldn't make a big thing of it?. Then what about all those "I just got X console "threads?. No one really needs to care on someone owning a console. Same should be for someone selling theirs as well. 

Rules?  I didn't mention anything in that sense. Stop strawmanning. No cares that he's quitting gaming. It's the nature of his "fair well" that's the problem. it's comes off as virtue signaling or as attention seeking. Ya know that ya don't have to defend him just because he kept his "pc" for dicking around the net, right?

No need to. But you're basically trying to define what is and isn't rule worthy and more worthy of a ban.

Yes, yes people care about his thread because they decided it was well worth commenting in it. This whole "no one cares" excuse is total bullshit. If no one truly, and I mean absolutely didn't give a damn, no one would be making a single comment, and yet here we are.

Taking issue with his farewell is honestly rather petty, especially with the whole "we don't care", but we care about how you say it.

I don't need to defend him, but I'm free to call out people acting like they don't care about the thread when they really do and call them out for their equally pointless partake in the thread. 

Last part, wow, you really wanna go there?. I mean do you honestly want to involve "warz" in this thread?(not like it already hasn't been involved from an alt account user in here already).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Mnementh said:

You ignore that nobody called him out until the OP decided to burst out into emotion and attack gaming as nothing, not real and a waste of time. That was the point people got hostile. Becaause - you see - people don't like to being attacked and either defend (ignore the thread) or attack back. This si what happened here. If the OP would've abstained from attacking and just told that he decided to sell his consoles because of family, nobody would've attacked him. You would still see the people saying it was an error, or the people saying he'll regret it later, but that is something else.

Because the most welcoming aspect of this forum, is having a super sensitive lynch mob piling you right?.

Slade was right about how the site is in a nutshell when it comes to comments in that X1X article. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Mnementh said:

Because the most welcoming aspect of this forum, is having a super sensitive lynch mob piling you right?.

Slade was right about how the site is in a nutshell when it comes to comments in that X1X article. 

The way you talk to others, others talk to you. This is what happened here. The OP has set the tone of the conservation

Mnementh said:

The way you talk to others, others talk to you. This is what happened here. The OP has set the tone of the conservation

People set a tone for that article on X1X, and it didn't require the article author to toss out anything that can be considered "snide".

Chazore said:
Aeolus451 said:

Rules?  I didn't mention anything in that sense. Stop strawmanning. No cares that he's quitting gaming. It's the nature of his "fair well" that's the problem. it's comes off as virtue signaling or as attention seeking. Ya know that ya don't have to defend him just because he kept his "pc" for dicking around the net, right?

No need to. But you're basically trying to define what is and isn't rule worthy and more worthy of a ban.

Yes, yes people care about his thread because they decided it was well worth commenting in it. This whole "no one cares" excuse is total bullshit. If no one truly, and I mean absolutely didn't give a damn, no one would be making a single comment, and yet here we are.

Taking issue with his farewell is honestly rather petty, especially with the whole "we don't care", but we care about how you say it.

I don't need to defend him, but I'm free to call out people acting like they don't care about the thread when they really do and call them out for their equally pointless partake in the thread. 

Last part, wow, you really wanna go there?. I mean do you honestly want to involve "warz" in this thread?(not like it already hasn't been involved from an alt account user in here already).

I didn't say anything about making any rules or banning anyone over it. So, you're strawmanning or misreading what I wrote in that regard. It's either one. I only brought up permabans as an example of someone just wanting attention which is similar to this guy.

I'm just pointing out a possible reason why you're defending someone like this. It's sure not because of principal or logic. Perhaps you're just projecting or feel his situation is relatable with you.