By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

That $199 pricepoint.

Gonna see some magic when it becomes a permanent fixture.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
160rmf said:

The dream is over guys. Switch lost for a way cheaper console and a new hd release.
It was always a fad after all

switch is being bought by mostly nintendo fans, because nintendo released most its major franchises this year, next year sales will fall hard.

Oh my, such knowledge!Its so much that I can even see it spilling out of my monitor!

While I will agree that the first year of any console is mostly bought and carried by the fans of the company of said product, the Switch is attractive to everyone.Not only on this forum, but go to any forum and you will see users that havent touched a Nintendo console in years buying a Switch or really wanting one.If forums are not enough, there are articles about the subject.

And its not as if Nintendo only has Mario Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade.Bayo 3 has just been announced, FE is comming next year, Metroid Prime 4 is comming sometime, and Pokemon and Animal Crossing is comming sometime too.And thats just to name a few, and not even naming sequels on franchises that already had an entry.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lawlight said:
It's not NPD guys. These are not confirmed.

It still should be pretty accurate PS4 did sell 2 million in one week if I recall correctly. 

Note: This statement was in regards to worldwide numbers for black Friday week.

Last edited by Acevil - on 08 December 2017

Xbox did great. Was it the ones biggest November ever? PS4 just did better.

And people saying switch was so far behind because of stock. lol ya right. They where everywhere.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

kowenicki said:
Top two close, both smash the Switch....

if true.

Good showing by ps4 and xbox one... But yeah. It's really early. I didn't expect npd for at least another week or so.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
That $199 pricepoint.

Gonna see some magic when it becomes a permanent fixture.

It really needs it in Japan the most. I wonder if they had any deals on black Friday.

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

switch is being bought by mostly nintendo fans, because nintendo released most its major franchises this year, next year sales will fall hard.

How hard is hard? You need to quantify that statement. 

I'm interested in this too. Does quickrick think it'll sell less in 2018 than in 2017? Or does he think it'll fall to Wii U level of sales?

Signature goes here!

Good thing is: look at how many consoles were sold in a single month. There's space for everyone and companies will pursue our wallets with new stuff

Nautilus said:
quickrick said:

Oh my, such knowledge!Its so much that I can even see it spilling out of my monitor!

While I will agree that the first year of any console is mostly bought and carried by the fans of the company of said product, the Switch is attractive to everyone.Not only on this forum, but go to any forum and you will see users that havent touched a Nintendo console in years buying a Switch or really wanting one.If forums are not enough, there are articles about the subject.

And its not as if Nintendo only has Mario Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade.Bayo 3 has just been announced, FE is comming next year, Metroid Prime 4 is comming sometime, and Pokemon and Animal Crossing is comming sometime too.And thats just to name a few, and not even naming sequels on franchises that already had an entry.

well see how it sales next year, looking at november sales, i'm expecting huge declines.

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

well see how it sales next year, looking at november sales, i'm expecting huge declines.

Quantify it my man. 50%? What's huge declines.