By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:
It's not NPD guys. These are not confirmed.

It still should be pretty accurate PS4 did sell 2 million in one week if I recall correctly. 

Credible source means proper accountability to combat fake news.

It is not a hard concept.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network
Acevil said:
quickrick said:

well see how it sales next year, looking at november sales, i'm expecting huge declines.

Quantify it my man. 50%? What's huge declines.

around xb1 numbers for this year, before the holidays.

hudsoniscool said:
Xbox did great. Was it the ones biggest November ever? PS4 just did better.

And people saying switch was so far behind because of stock. lol ya right. They where everywhere.

It's a great number for Xbox One if not for the fact the sales cratered for the majority of 2017.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Acevil said:

It still should be pretty accurate PS4 did sell 2 million in one week if I recall correctly. 

Isn't it a credible source?

Wow, if this is true, I guess the Amazon charts were out of whack this month.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Acevil said:

Just to make sure how would that reflect the holidays as well since 2018 has holidays.

Last edited by Acevil - on 08 December 2017

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

Oh my, such knowledge!Its so much that I can even see it spilling out of my monitor!

While I will agree that the first year of any console is mostly bought and carried by the fans of the company of said product, the Switch is attractive to everyone.Not only on this forum, but go to any forum and you will see users that havent touched a Nintendo console in years buying a Switch or really wanting one.If forums are not enough, there are articles about the subject.

And its not as if Nintendo only has Mario Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade.Bayo 3 has just been announced, FE is comming next year, Metroid Prime 4 is comming sometime, and Pokemon and Animal Crossing is comming sometime too.And thats just to name a few, and not even naming sequels on franchises that already had an entry.

well see how it sales next year, looking at november sales, i'm expecting huge declines.

Huge decline?How huge?How many?You are being too vague.Lets say the Switch sold 10 millions this whole year(just a random number), will you say that it will only sell 6 millions next year, having a 40% drop?Or will it sell 4 millions, having a 60% drop?Be more specific, because even I can be vague.

And I mean, its the first holiday for the Switch.With no discounts.On almost anything.I personally expected the PS4 to win this month, though with not a gap as big as this one.But only November was a bit below the fans expectation.But what about the whole year up until now?I mean, you are looking at a month that the Switch did well, but wasnt a monster in sales, and you are expecting huge declines?

I would be happy if you explained your resoning better.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Acevil said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

Isn't it a credible source?

It's using a resetera post from a member who has data from Mizuho Securities. No links from the PR article yet... Just his word.

quickrick said:
Acevil said:

So about 3.6 million Switch consoles sold from January to October 2018?

Signature goes here!

Sony did say they broke sales records for that time period.