By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

Game hardware (including SNES Classic, etc.) sales volume in the US was up 44% in November (cumulative Apr–Nov FY3/18 sales were up 38%), while software sales were up 2% (down 1%). The PS4 came out top for hardware
sales, with a likely large impact from Black Friday sales. The Xbox One, which launched the new high-spec X console, came in second. Both consoles saw roughly 40% growth YoY.

The Switch saw a large increase in sales volume in comparison to October, but we still sense that trends are slowing down. We do not explicitly forecast monthly sales volumes in each region, but we have the impression that US sales volume for the Switch in November was within expectations. Nintendo's hardware sales tend to see strong trends in December thanks to seasonal demand, and thus we believe that sales will grow MoM in December.
As for software, Call of Duty: WWII (Activision Blizzard) came out top in the US (PS4 came top on a SKU basis; xbox One second), while Super Mario Odyssey came in second (Switch exclusive, Nintendo)

There are no specific numbers in the update but the included figure seem to show PS4:Switch at about 2:1 and Xbox One was marginally (maybe 10%) less than PS4

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mizuho-securities-the-ps4-came-out-top-for-hardware-in-november-2017-xbox-second-switch-last.10177/

Last edited by Sh1nn - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network

Wow! What a close fight for PS4 and XB1.

And dang! Switchs didn't even get 1 mil stock :(

Did the PS4 beat the Wii record?

And welcome back Sh1nn! Where have you been?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

LOL I been saying PS4 would out sell switch 2:1 people are really overhyping switch sales potential.

Wow congrats. Close fight between PS and Xbox (pre-orders and discounted s for the month).

So Switch was high all month on Amazon, so we cant compare that to PS4 because of that week of sale, but if we compared to Xbox, wasnt it above xbox and PS4 a lot of the month, can we take from that, that B&M was significant and that amazon was wrong? Can someone put what the month on amazon was?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The source is just a poster who can't upload the report so let's not rush yet. Maybe put a rumor for this thread since there is no viable source yet like gameindustry or gamebiz that he provided.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Wow I knew the PS4 and the Xbox One would be over the Switch. I originally had the Switch then the PS4, but I...ahem...switched my answer about 2 weeks ago when I saw how the PS4 was doing. I had it PS4, Xbox One, and lastly the Switch.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Overall, incredible numbers for everyone.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

PS4 was a little above where I expected and Xbox about 300k more than I thought. I really thought that the downward trend of the xb1s would hold it back as a whole. Still though these numbers make me think the x is in the 500-700 range which I think is great.

Arnt these numbers still somewhat rough though? Says Xbox and PS4 up around40% and Xbox behind by "maybe 10%". Sounds kinda vague. Nonetheless I'm happy about Xbox/PS4 sales.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Shadow1980 said:

Current U.S. Monthly Hardware Rankings

XBO S 500GB standalone: #8
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #12
Nintendo Switch (neon): #13
Nintendo Switch (grey): #16
Xbox One X: #29
SNES Classic Edition: #44
Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #49
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #56
PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #61
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #71
PS4 Pro standalone: #82
PS4 Pro 1TB Destiny 2 bundle: #73
PS4 Slim 1TB CoD:WW2 bundle: #91

Hardware Preorders Coming Into Effect This Month

Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #3 (Aug.)
Xbox One X (Standard): #16 (Sept.), #49 (Oct.)

U.S. Yearly Hardware Rankings

(Note: This entry will be updated whenever I post the thread the for the month, except during November & December where they'll also be updated weekly every Monday until New Year's.)

Nintendo Switch (grey): #7
PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle: #13
Nintendo Switch (neon): #17
SNES Classic Edition: #53
Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #76
PS4 Pro: #81

Final U.S. Weekly Rankings

(Note: Covers all weeks in the NPD sales period for the month. March, June, Sept., & Dec., are 5-week months for NPD purposes. All other months are 4 weeks.)

Week 44 (Oct. 30 - Nov. 5)

Xbox One X: #9
Nintendo Switch (neon): #15
PS4 Slim 1TB CoD:WW2 bundle: #23
SNES Classic Edition: #27
Nintendo Switch (grey): #31
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #56
New 2DS XL (Pokeball edition): #66
PS4 Pro standalone: #71
XBO S 500GB standalone: #80
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #85
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #94

PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #
PS4 Pro 1TB Destiny 2 bundle: #

Week 45 (Nov. 6 - 12)

Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #3
Nintendo Switch (neon): #11
Nintendo Switch (grey): #12
Xbox One X: #23
SNES Classic Edition: #24
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #42
XBO S 500GB standalone: #53
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #56
PS4 Slim 1TB CoD:WW2 bundle: #65
PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #70
PS4 Pro standalone: #76
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #85
New 2DS XL (Pokeball edition): #88

Week 46 (Nov. 13 - 19)

PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #4
Nintendo Switch (neon): #7
Nintendo Switch (grey): #8
SNES Classic Edition: #29
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #31
Xbox One X: #33
PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #44
PS4 Pro standalone: #77
New 2DS XL (Pokeball edition): #78
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #87
XBO S 500GB standalone: #95

Week 47 (Nov. 20 - 26)

XBO S 500GB standalone: #2
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #6
Nintendo Switch (neon): #17
Nintendo Switch (grey): #22
Xbox One X: #42
PS4 Pro 1TB Destiny 2 bundle: #44
SNES Classic Edition: #57
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #64
PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #66
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #77

Madword said:
Wow congrats. Close fight between PS and Xbox (pre-orders and discounted s for the month).

So Switch was high all month on Amazon, so we cant compare that to PS4 because of that week of sale, but if we compared to Xbox, wasnt it above xbox and PS4 a lot of the month, can we take from that, that B&M was significant and that amazon was wrong? Can someone put what the month on amazon was?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nautilus said:
Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Overall, incredible numbers for everyone.

Stock wasn't a issue for switch.