By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

quickrick said:
LOL I been saying PS4 would out sell switch 2:1 people are really overestimating nintendo stock  production potential.

Fixed

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Excellent info, so it seems my memory of switch being ahead on amazon wasnt correct. Just goes to show how big that B&M week 46 for Sony was... wow.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Amazon Chart is usually ambiguous during November because console manufacturers are probably putting all their stocks to retail stores.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

kurasakiichimaruALT said:

The source is just a poster who can't upload the report so let's not rush yet. Maybe put a rumor for this thread since there is no viable source yet like gameindustry or gamebiz that he provided.

It's not a rumor it's a PR from Mizuho Securities

Nautilus said: 
Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Overall, incredible numbers for everyone.

There was no problem with Switch stock. PS4 on the other hand could probably do 2M if $199 was still in stock.

160rmf said:
quickrick said:
LOL I been saying PS4 would out sell switch 2:1 people are really overestimating nintendo stock  production potential.

Fixed

stock wasn't a issue for November for switch. try harder.

Around the Network

I had the PS4 winning globally of course but in third place for NPD.

So, what's up with all the news about Nintendo Switch winning Black Friday we got from the media, that confused me pretty bad.

quickrick said:
160rmf said:

Fixed

stock wasn't a issue for November for switch. try harder.

Lemme guess... You saw selling at a store near you?

We reap what we sow

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:
Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Stock wasn't a issue for switch.

Heh, had a feeling it would be you that had quoted me.

Anyways, I never said that if the Switch had more stock it would be at the first spot, just that if it had more stock, it would have passed the 1 million threshold.Switch has having serious stock issue until about 1 month or so ago in the US, and even then it was barely meeting demand.Nintendo didnt magically manage to ship easily more than 1 million units for US only in november, especially the serious stock problems they are having in Japan, the need to also stock Europe, and that they are, for better or worse, still ramping up production.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Sh1nn said: 
Nautilus said: 

There was no problem with Switch stock. PS4 on the other hand could probably do 2M if $199 was still in stock.

Read my response to the other user, it would be the same answer to you.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

OK. I got it wrong. Oh well.

The "old" PS4 held off the new kids on the block.