By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

collint0101 said:
zorg1000 said:

First post-launch Nov NPD
DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-795k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

Seems like the switch did pretty ok in the grand scheme of things. 

Ya it didnt do as well as i thought it would but without any bundles or discounts it still did pretty well. I should have looked at historical data and seen only 1 console ever had a 1+ million first (non launch) Nov.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
leo-j said:

I disagree, it wouldn’t be wise to sell the system at a loss, nearly 800,000 units while it sells gangbusters in Japan is a successful figure, it’s just playstation has become the market leader again worldwide, and it’s really on a crazy tip, 199 ps4 with blunray, Netflix, and the best game library, is hard to compete with 

Well the Switch deal on Black Friday wasn't a price cut (obviously) but instead they threw in an extra joycon. So why not cut the price to the equivalent of the cost of the Joycon? In my opinion, that would've been the better move. Once people own the console, they buy accessories, games, subscriptions etc. And they recoup any loss they may have sustained upon the inital purchase. But obviously for that to happen, they have to get the console in homes first, which they'd have an easier time of doing at a lower price point. 

I never heard of that extra joy con deal. Where was that? Anyways, it was still the Switch’s first BF so who would’ve guessed it would be discounted for that time of the year when the switch hasn’t even past it’s first full year and it’s still selling really well at $300? It’ll probably be discounted in the next holiday.

NATO said:
acdcste said:

Erm he actually said they get clearer results next week, which indicates the opposite to me. But we’ll see soon enough

No, he specifically said:

the full data release, including digital data, comes next week

Which indicates a more complete breakdown of sales data (inc software) is forthcoming.
Try harder.

What’s with the “try harder”, all it does is make you come off as an arse!

collint0101 said:
zorg1000 said:

First post-launch Nov NPD
DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-795k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

Seems like the switch did pretty ok in the grand scheme of things. 

With no discount of any kind, a $199 ps4 and $50 gift card if you picked it up at GameStop, and an X1 that was also discounted (I think $189) as well as the X1X's launch.

Not bad for the Switch.

It wouldn't have even been a competition had Sony not underestimated demand at that $199 price point. Think they easily would have surpassed 2 million in the US. I think they did hit that mark in Europe - which is probably where they shifted most of the stock ahead of black Friday as it is their strongest market. With their ridiculous exclusives lineup for 2018/2019, along with a permanent price drop, I don't see PS4 sales slowing down anytime soon.

Around the Network

Now time for Nintendo to fight back and take december...

Which will probably happen with no price cut for the other two.

Those numbers for PS4 and XBone are great ! Switch numbers are totally fine without price cut, basically the same PS4 did during its first black friday.

Let's see who will take christmas !

Good numbers all round, great for the industry. Switch numbers are decent with it being a full price system facing great competition from great deals.

Acevil said:
Honest question is 800,000 in November a bad number or are people hyperboling because switch has been winning the last couple of months.

I might be late, but most people think below 1 million is bad for November these days (which the PS4 did in it's first November, and I believe the 3DS never had over 1 million in November). The PS4 and XBO gen started to have really high holidays, starting from November. PS3 and X360 had much, much bigger December than November, but that was changing over time (November numbers getting closer to December, or more specifically, Black Friday becoming a bigger deal).

So, the Switch selling less than 1 million is arbitrarily (is that a word?) bad. It sold on par to the 3DS' first November, which had a price cut, 3D Mario and a new Mario Kart. Of course, most expectations were that Switch was gonna outsell PS4 and XBO because it did so the months prior, and we didn't see the effect of Odyssey on the 2 days it got tracked on October. 

So what I'm trying to say is it did fine. It sold on par with the 3DS and PS4's first November, and not too far behind the Wii's.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I'm redirecting people toward Boutros' thread. The thread is laid out better despite being made afterwards.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233441

Locking.

Last edited by Raven - on 08 December 2017