By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

And about this source. Those numbers haven't being denied by anyone in the knowing and all mods on resetera let the poster and thread on, with no warning about the veracity of this info. And there is at least one administrator at resetera that knows the true NPD numbers...

They wouldn't let a thread of this importance on their site if they knew numbers were totally made up.

Around the Network
snyperdud said:

I'm assuming the vast majority of these numbers are from Black Friday. And if that's the case, I think these numbers are probably accurate.
- No $199 Ps4's were available at any store I visited.
- Some of the $189 Xbox one S were still available throughout the night at all the stores I visited. (which I happened to purchase.)
- Nearly untouched pallets of Switches were available at every location.

I think Nintendo messed up by not cutting the price to be more competitive with the other consoles. When Sony and Microsoft are selling their consoles $100 less than Nintendo, they're going to have a much easier time moving units.

I disagree, it wouldn’t be wise to sell the system at a loss, nearly 800,000 units while it sells gangbusters in Japan is a successful figure, it’s just playstation has become the market leader again worldwide, and it’s really on a crazy tip, 199 ps4 with blunray, Netflix, and the best game library, is hard to compete with 

mM
dgboweniii said:

Cannot outsell the PS4 if the stock isnt there.  Switch sold every console they had on the shelf, its a win.

Basing on the retail musings. Switch was readily available than the PS4

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Sh1nn said:

Matt basically confirmed that Mizuho used NPD numbers for they analysis  (as there was any doubt)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1880497/

We get full data (including digital sales) next week.

Looking forward to see how miya spins this.

leo-j said:
snyperdud said:

I'm assuming the vast majority of these numbers are from Black Friday. And if that's the case, I think these numbers are probably accurate.
- No $199 Ps4's were available at any store I visited.
- Some of the $189 Xbox one S were still available throughout the night at all the stores I visited. (which I happened to purchase.)
- Nearly untouched pallets of Switches were available at every location.

I think Nintendo messed up by not cutting the price to be more competitive with the other consoles. When Sony and Microsoft are selling their consoles $100 less than Nintendo, they're going to have a much easier time moving units.

I disagree, it wouldn’t be wise to sell the system at a loss, nearly 800,000 units while it sells gangbusters in Japan is a successful figure, it’s just playstation has become the market leader again worldwide, and it’s really on a crazy tip, 199 ps4 with blunray, Netflix, and the best game library, is hard to compete with 

Well the Switch deal on Black Friday wasn't a price cut (obviously) but instead they threw in an extra joycon. So why not cut the price to the equivalent of the cost of the Joycon? In my opinion, that would've been the better move. Once people own the console, they buy accessories, games, subscriptions etc. And they recoup any loss they may have sustained upon the inital purchase. But obviously for that to happen, they have to get the console in homes first, which they'd have an easier time of doing at a lower price point. 

Around the Network

my bestbuy had plenty of switchs left on black fri.. ps4 and xbox sold out

NATO said:
Sh1nn said:

Matt basically confirmed that Mizuho used NPD numbers for they analysis  (as there was any doubt)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1880497/

We get full data (including digital sales) next week.

Looking forward to see how miya spins this.

Erm he actually said they get clearer results next week, which indicates the opposite to me. But we’ll see soon enough

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

you can doubt all you want, it's 99% legit, other wise someone would have corrected by now. plus sales numbers for games are coming out.

How can you say it’s 99% legit. If it’s so legit why don’t we use this report every month a week in advance of the actual numbers coming out?

BEcause they aren’t leaked.

globalisateur said:
Nautilus said:
Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Overall, incredible numbers for everyone.

Nope. Switch was easily available the whole onth (as was the discounted XB1s). On the other hand the discounted 1TB PS4 was sold out during 6 days of the 10 days BF period. And discounted XB1s is still there available.

Demand is just stabilizing for switch. PS4 has more stock issues than Switch at this point. 

At this point?

justinian said:
cutzman25 said:
For those that are saying the Switch was affected by stock shortages, I really don't think so, in my area at least I could walk into any store until present date and see Switches in stock. I just think they got outsold by some great sales.

Yes, it is a silly argument. Nintendo explicitly stated a sales target for this year.

To hit that target means they need to have NO STOCKING issues.

This post need to be highlighted. 

People really need to understand the parameters and not grasping their own from their ass.

Being completely sold out is not good and having stock doesn't mean doom and gloom.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 08 December 2017

We reap what we sow