By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

NATO said:
Sh1nn said:

Matt basically confirmed that Mizuho used NPD numbers for they analysis  (as there was any doubt)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1880497/

We get full data (including digital sales) next week.

Looking forward to see how miya spins this.

Erm he actually said they get clearer results next week, which indicates the opposite to me. But we’ll see soon enough

Around the Network
acdcste said:
quickrick said:

you can doubt all you want, it's 99% legit, other wise someone would have corrected by now. plus sales numbers for games are coming out.

How can you say it’s 99% legit. If it’s so legit why don’t we use this report every month a week in advance of the actual numbers coming out?

BEcause they aren’t leaked.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats still just analysis from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, that still isn't official NPD result, even if is relly based on NPD PR they received today.

When NPD release official NPD results we will have real NPD thread.

And this is from that Resetera thread:

Magicpork said: 
Mizuho has just sent the latest update on US/Japan console games sales to their clients, they usually use NPD numbers.
Magicpork said: 
My source is a report from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, they send monthly update on US/Japan console game sales to their clients . Sorry I wouldn't be able to upload the actual report so you'll have take my words for it..just want to shed some light in the prediction thread :)
So in other words there is no nothing oficial about this informations that you provided, not alone official NPD informations or numbers.

Doesn't NPD get mad if anyone leaks any info before they disclose it? They could just be covering their bases. If these numbers are true, it doesn't matter where it comes from especially. Don't people use leakers from forums as sources for this stuff anyway?

Considering NPD doesn't release their numbers to the public... yes, all the time.

These numbers are no less "official" than any of the NPD numbers we've had before, a lot of people are in denial because they don't like them though.

globalisateur said:
Nautilus said:
Congrats to everyone.Sony and MS did great due to the great deals that were offered, and Switch seems to still be limited to how much stock Nintendo is able to offer, would be my best guess.

Overall, incredible numbers for everyone.

Nope. Switch was easily available the whole onth (as was the discounted XB1s). On the other hand the discounted 1TB PS4 was sold out during 6 days of the 10 days BF period. And discounted XB1s is still there available.

Demand is just stabilizing for switch. PS4 has more stock issues than Switch at this point. 

At this point?

justinian said:
cutzman25 said:
For those that are saying the Switch was affected by stock shortages, I really don't think so, in my area at least I could walk into any store until present date and see Switches in stock. I just think they got outsold by some great sales.

Yes, it is a silly argument. Nintendo explicitly stated a sales target for this year.

To hit that target means they need to have NO STOCKING issues.

This post need to be highlighted. 

People really need to understand the parameters and not grasping their own from their ass.

Being completely sold out is not good and having stock doesn't mean doom and gloom.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 08 December 2017

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Playstation_awaiter said:
KLAMarine said:

Individually they don't but don't underestimate the power of a great library.

And that’s why pa4, does so well. Has something for everyone.

Tell that to rick.

Bandorr said:
dgboweniii said:

Cannot outsell the PS4 if the stock isnt there.  Switch sold every console they had on the shelf, its a win.

Do you actually have a source for this? I keep seeing people saying this, as if they are desperate for any explanation. Yet I've not seen a source.

I have however seen.. *goes to get the photo from November thread*

Anecdotal as best, but I haven't seen anything backing up the "out of stock" argument either.

Well to be fair those aren't technically on a "shelf"

Bandorr said:
dgboweniii said:

Cannot outsell the PS4 if the stock isnt there.  Switch sold every console they had on the shelf, its a win.

Do you actually have a source for this? I keep seeing people saying this, as if they are desperate for any explanation. Yet I've not seen a source.

I have however seen.. *goes to get the photo from November thread*

Anecdotal as best, but I haven't seen anything backing up the "out of stock" argument either.

Damn.  Samsung must be upset at that stack of unsold sound bars.

acdcste said:
NATO said:

Looking forward to see how miya spins this.

Erm he actually said they get clearer results next week, which indicates the opposite to me. But we’ll see soon enough

No, he specifically said:

the full data release, including digital data, comes next week

Which indicates a more complete breakdown of sales data (inc software) is forthcoming.
Try harder.

any software numbers yet? 800k is nowhere near bad.