By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

collint0101 said:
My only real take away from this thread is that the Nintendoomed crowd is still alive and kicking. Nintendo did well but Sony and Microsoft just did better mainly because it's hard to beat $200 and $190 respectively

Didn't PS4 and Xbox One sold almost the same if not more than Switch with higher price on their second November?

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

These are all great numbers regardless. The Switch didn’t have a BF discount and, as apparently reported, sold within expectations. And let’s not get ahead of ourselves with all the doom and gloom for Nintendo in 2018 when they haven’t laid out all of their plans yet. Kudos to the PS4 and Xbone for selling well with great discounts and established libraries.

If this is an accurate report, that’s a shockingly low number for the switch imo..... considering the system was dominating online charts after the 199 ps4 sold out everywhere.

mM

If true good numbers for everyone and I hope december is as interesting as November

Just wow...never thought that could happen in November and X1Xs launch month. Sony surely played their cards well. Shu knew what he was saying, when he said Sony would have their own measures to combat X1X.

Congrats to all three though...I’m actually surprised about the relatively low Switch sales. Didn’t expect that tbh. Those 189,-/199,- must have made a huge impact.

After the pretty stellar Game Awards last and PSX coming up next night, all I can say is: What a stellar year for gaming this is! The industry sure is healthy as ever and with 2018 looking similarly exciting and VR/AR the most amazing things are still to come! Hooray and cheers to gaming!

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
It's not NPD guys. These are not confirmed.

Finally someone with some common sense. 

Miyamotoo said:
Sh1nn said:

its an analysis from Mizuho Securities Equity Research wich is based on NPD PR they receive today 

UPD:

And you can't just google it, you need to subscribe to their services just like NPD

Thats still just analysis from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, that still isn't official NPD result, even if is relly based on NPD PR they received today.

When NPD release official NPD results we will have real NPD thread.

And this is from that Resetera thread:

Magicpork said: 
Mizuho has just sent the latest update on US/Japan console games sales to their clients, they usually use NPD numbers.
Magicpork said: 
My source is a report from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, they send monthly update on US/Japan console game sales to their clients . Sorry I wouldn't be able to upload the actual report so you'll have take my words for it..just want to shed some light in the prediction thread :)
So in other words there is no nothing oficial about this informations that you provided, not alone official NPD informations or numbers.

Doesn't NPD get mad if anyone leaks any info before they disclose it? They could just be covering their bases. If these numbers are true, it doesn't matter where it comes from especially. Don't people use leakers from forums as sources for this stuff anyway?

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
collint0101 said:
My only real take away from this thread is that the Nintendoomed crowd is still alive and kicking. Nintendo did well but Sony and Microsoft just did better mainly because it's hard to beat $200 and $190 respectively

Didn't PS4 and Xbox One sold almost the same if not more than Switch with higher price on their second November?

About the same sale wise Xbox one did better. Xbox one at 329 was near switches price on black Friday but had two games in some cases bundled in. PS4 had bundles 2 games and or gift cards but was still at the same price as launch. 

Switch really did not do either tactic.

Last edited by Acevil - on 08 December 2017

X1Gates said:
Lawlight said:
It's not NPD guys. These are not confirmed.

Finally someone with some common sense. 

its pretty much confirmed numbers are coming out.

Acevil said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

About the same sale wise Xbox one did better. Xbox one at 329 was near switches price on black Friday but had two games in some cases bundled in. PS4 had bundles 2 games and or gift cards but was still at the same price. 

Switch really did not do either tactic.

It didn't but Switch arguably has the better software.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p