By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won November NPD ( PS4 1.54M, XBO 1.4M, NSW 770K)

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

And?Does the PS4 or the XOne have a system seller every month too?Games like Nier and Persona 5 may not be system sellers, but not only they keep the interest in the console going, but also sell systems to the audience they appeal too.May not make the console sell 1 million in a wekk, but it boost the system sales.Sprinkle that through the year, and you increase your sales.

The same goes for the Switch.Plus, its not like the games that released on 2017 will stop selling and stop moving consoles.

PS4 has the entire industry backing it, every game is available on it, except for nintendo and Microsoft.   

And Nintendo has great support from the industry.Switch dosent need to sell the total sales of the PS4 to be successful.

And Nintendo has its first party games, which has by far and large, the biggest appeal of any of the three and has some of the most iconic franchises. 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Honest question is 800,000 in November a bad number or are people hyperboling because switch has been winning the last couple of months.

Its the second scenario obviosly.At least when Nintendo wins you dont have people saying that the PS4 will bomb next month *sigh*

Cant people just be frank about the numbers.Say when someone is doing well when its doing well, or when its doing bad when its actually doing bad?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Miyamotoo said:
Sh1nn said:
Game hardware (including SNES Classic, etc.) sales volume in the US was up 44% in November (cumulative Apr–Nov FY3/18 sales were up 38%), while software sales were up 2% (down 1%). The PS4 came out top for hardware
sales, with a likely large impact from Black Friday sales. The Xbox One, which launched the new high-spec X console, came in second. Both consoles saw roughly 40% growth YoY.

The Switch saw a large increase in sales volume in comparison to October, but we still sense that trends are slowing down. We do not explicitly forecast monthly sales volumes in each region, but we have the impression that US sales volume for the Switch in November was within expectations. Nintendo's hardware sales tend to see strong trends in December thanks to seasonal demand, and thus we believe that sales will grow MoM in December.
As for software, Call of Duty: WWII (Activision Blizzard) came out top in the US (PS4 came top on a SKU basis; xbox One second), while Super Mario Odyssey came in second (Switch exclusive, Nintendo)

There are no specific numbers in the update but the included figure seem to show PS4:Switch at about 2:1 and Xbox One was marginally (maybe 10%) less than PS4

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mizuho-securities-the-ps4-came-out-top-for-hardware-in-november-2017-xbox-second-switch-last.10177/

Just for record, this are not official NPD numbers, this is information are from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, we dont have even real source.

We yet need to receive official NPD results next week, so its better too NPD from headline.

its an analysis from Mizuho Securities Equity Research wich is based on NPD PR they receive today 

UPD:

And you can't just google it, you need to subscribe to their services just like NPD

quickrick said:
Acevil said:
Honest question is 800,000 in November a bad number or are people hyperboling because switch has been winning the last couple of months.

it's all about context, switch first holiday fully stocked, with mario, kart, splatoon, mario odyssey, and zelda, yea it's kinda bad. this is nintedo next handheld and console, i see there market shrinking. 

I ask because that means PS4 in 2014 was horrible as well. Also PS4 had many hitters as well in that time frame. 

Honestly speaking yes I agree Nintendo has done amazing job the first year and I myself am concerned for the next year. I just feel some are hyperboling because if these numbers for switch are "bad" than a lot of years for many consoles were bad.

Nautilus said:
quickrick said:

PS4 has the entire industry backing it, every game is available on it, except for nintendo and Microsoft.   

And Nintendo has great support from the industry.Switch dosent need to sell the total sales of the PS4 to be successful.

And Nintendo has its first party games, which has by far and large, the biggest appeal of any of the three and has some of the most iconic franchises. 

great support? the majority of the big franchises are mot coming out on the system, if you call late ports great support, i guess. 

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just for record, this are not official NPD numbers, this is information are from Mizuho Securities Equity Research, we dont have even real source.

We yet need to receive official NPD results next week, so its better too NPD from headline.

its an analysis from Mizuho Securities Equity Research wich is based on NPD PR they receive today 

That’s fair enough and thanks for sharing but I’ll wait for the official results to confirm the numbers!

quickrick said:
KLAMarine said:

Perhaps not to you but they all help add to Switch's library which will help it sell.

not just to me, but those franchises don't sell great in the US by any means. might was well start naming any game.

Individually they don't but don't underestimate the power of a great library.

KLAMarine said:
quickrick said:

not just to me, but those franchises don't sell great in the US by any means. might was well start naming any game.

Individually they don't but don't underestimate the power of a great library.

I wouldn’t waste your time arguing with him to be honest. Clearly a doom and gloomer!

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

great support? the majority of the big franchises are mot coming out on the system, if you call late ports great support, i guess. 

I call the indie support it is having great.I call the beginning of the interest it is getting great, with Shin Megami Tensei, Megaman, Outlast, Project Octopath, Tales of, Bethesda in general and so on.I mean, compared to PS4 is just decent, but that actually means the Switch is succeeding without them, and that paints a better picture for the system.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

it's all about context, switch first holiday fully stocked, with mario, kart, splatoon, mario odyssey, and zelda, yea it's kinda bad. this is nintedo next handheld and console, i see there market shrinking. 

800k can't be bad in any case, especially because Switch was selling at full price while PS4 and XB1 had huge price drops during BF deals. For record, PS4 also sold around 800k in first November outside Holiday season. But other hand, this are not even official numbers and numbers.

800k is not bad at all, if Switch would've actually managed to sell that much.