By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps1 - Ps4 what's your favorite hardware design?

ZODIARKrebirth said:

Sony always tried to make great hardware for us gamers, but not only tried to make powerful hardware but making beautiful designs was always somthing important for sony...

Sorry, I think they mostly kind of failed at this. I think PS1 and PS One looked good, after that they were mostly pretty ugly. I didn't like any of the PS2 or PS3 designs. I think the PS4 slim looks okay, but only that. Their handhelds look pretty nice though, especially the Vita.

I remember Nintendo used to be the ones that people laughed at, when it came to design, they have improved a lot, and have been consistently good since DS Lite, except 2DS perhaps.

Microsoft is hit and miss. One S might be the best looking console period. The Original Xbox and the The Original Xbox One were pretty ugly though.

Around the Network

1. Original PS1
2. Slim PS1
3. Original PS4

Ka-pi96 said:
d21lewis said:

I've always loved the design of the PS1, PS One, PS3 Phat, and PS4 Slim. I LOATHE the original PS2 sand PS4 designs.

*Edit* disregard PS4 Slim. I thought they did away with that "slanty" design. I was wrong.

*Edit again* They DID do away with the"slanty"! Damn you, Google image search!!

It still looks slanty to me...

I don't know what to think anymore.

I own the original and a Pro. 

Based only on the original designs:
4 > 2 > 1 > 3

4 ≈ One

The 3G PS Vita is my favorite PlayStation and device. It is nearly a perfect design. Just needs to shift the sholder buttons forward, add L2/R2 behind them, and make the sticks clickable. That would be an absolutely perfect device.

Home console wise, I can't decide between PS2, PS3, and PS4 Pro.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Fat PS3 if it was smaller looked badass.

But Original PS4 design was fantastic. Size of a PS3 slim with insanely better components, good heating and the power supply inside the console. Ticked every box.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

My favorite is definitely the launch PS4. It was so sleek and smooth

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

The fat PS3 was just ridiculous imho. That cheap lettering and tacky and huuuge design never appealed to me. The Slim was so much better.
Extra Slim PS3 though was my least favourite Sony console ever.

I'd say the original PS4. It's just a nice, sleek design. That line with the blue light is a nice touch.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I alwas dislike sony console designs, ps1 was ok, after they all ugly.

I have a ps4 pro, its ok but fuck all those layers and crack where dust goes inside, just built a fucking box next time please.

Xbox one s , simple elegant design , take notes sony.

I disagree the Xbox One S is full with holes like cheese on the top, everything gets inside the Console