Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps1 - Ps4 what's your favorite hardware design?

original ps1 /ps3. worst was the ps3 cheap mini version.

Around the Network
globalisateur said:

PS4 CUH 1200 and Pro white

This is what's sitting underneath my tv (minus the stand) and man does it look goood!  It's also sweet that when I'm gaming at night and the lights are off, all I can see is the light bar 'floating' in the cabinet. Every time it reminds me of the PS4 hardware teaser video where it's pitch black at the end and all you can see is the light bar pulsing.

Gotta go with the OG PS4. I love the sharp angles, the slants and that minimalist lining.

All of them are ugly but if I have to choose I think ps2 is the best or ps4.

I know... my English sucks.

EricHiggin said:
globalisateur said:

PS4 CUH 1200 and Pro white

This is what's sitting underneath my tv (minus the stand) and man does it look goood!  It's also sweet that when I'm gaming at night and the lights are off, all I can see is the light bar 'floating' in the cabinet. Every time it reminds me of the PS4 hardware teaser video where it's pitch black at the end and all you can see is the light bar pulsing.

I've got a white one and I just love that light bar on the PS4/Pro which makes it look like the thing is freaking alive :)

Really neat idea to graphically display the status of the console that way.

Around the Network

The first PS3 Slim.

Not sure about design but PS3 phat was the only one that felt premium.

It was like over $700 at launch, so it better be.

PS Vita > PS3 Fat > PSP/PSOne > all the rest

Errorist76 said:
EricHiggin said:

I've got a white one and I just love that light bar on the PS4/Pro which makes it look like the thing is freaking alive :)

Really neat idea to graphically display the status of the console that way.

The white does look good as well, but I find a white console is much harder to aesthetically fit with an entertainment center unless it's focused around white. If your the kind of person who likes the fact that the white stands out, well that works too.

I almost think the light bar colors and pulses were done the way they were to be subliminal on purpose. When the console starts up and your itching to game, it pulses blue. When your enjoying your gaming session, it's constant white. When you shut it down when your finished, it pulses white. When it goes into rest mode, it's orange/amber, like a cigarette butt. Alive may have been exactly what they were aiming for. LOL.

OG Playstation and it's derivatives are my favorite, it looked like a classic console with big obvious buttons, lots of charm and personality. All the followups look like goofy black PC towers, innocuous but bland.