By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps1 - Ps4 what's your favorite hardware design?

Errorist76 said:
EricHiggin said:

This is what's sitting underneath my tv (minus the stand) and man does it look goood!  It's also sweet that when I'm gaming at night and the lights are off, all I can see is the light bar 'floating' in the cabinet. Every time it reminds me of the PS4 hardware teaser video where it's pitch black at the end and all you can see is the light bar pulsing.

I've got a white one and I just love that light bar on the PS4/Pro which makes it look like the thing is freaking alive :)

Really neat idea to graphically display the status of the console that way.

The white does look good as well, but I find a white console is much harder to aesthetically fit with an entertainment center unless it's focused around white. If your the kind of person who likes the fact that the white stands out, well that works too.

I almost think the light bar colors and pulses were done the way they were to be subliminal on purpose. When the console starts up and your itching to game, it pulses blue. When your enjoying your gaming session, it's constant white. When you shut it down when your finished, it pulses white. When it goes into rest mode, it's orange/amber, like a cigarette butt. Alive may have been exactly what they were aiming for. LOL.

Around the Network

OG Playstation and it's derivatives are my favorite, it looked like a classic console with big obvious buttons, lots of charm and personality. All the followups look like goofy black PC towers, innocuous but bland.

1. PS3 (1st ver.)
2. PS1 (1st ver. - where there legit alternate versions of this?)
3. PS4 (Matte/Standard)
4. PS2 (Slim)

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

PS2

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
PS2

Ya the original phat ps2. By far my favorite design. 

Around the Network

PS 2 for me.