By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the last Wii U game you bought? Any games in 2019?

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Bayonetta 2 / bayonetta 1 combo before it was discontinued. Still got it shrink wrapped.

I ended up not putting much time into that game. Wish I would have left it shrink wrapped to. Was fun, I just ...did not play it much. I think Wii U games will be really expensive in the future, so I doubt I will have the chance to buy many again later on. Kind of like buying GC games. You can get them, but you will pay a hefty price.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Bayonetta 2 / bayonetta 1 combo before it was discontinued. Still got it shrink wrapped.

I ended up not putting much time into that game. Wish I would have left it shrink wrapped to. Was fun, I just ...did not play it much. I think Wii U games will be really expensive in the future, so I doubt I will have the chance to buy many again later on. Kind of like buying GC games. You can get them, but you will pay a hefty price.

That’s pretty much true for all the good Nintendo games. The good N64 and SNES games are very expensive too. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
spurgeonryan said:

That’s pretty much true for all the good Nintendo games. The good N64 and SNES games are very expensive too. 

Which is very surprising. I was able to pick up most N64 games for cheap just a few years ago. Now if you go to Half price books nearly all of them are really high now as well. It could be due to a bunch of these N64 games seem to be wearing out fast. I have been finding a bunch that are really beat up compared to how I usually find old SNES games. Could be just my experience though. Luckily I bought nearly the entire N64 library expect for some expensive Japan exclusives a few years back so I am good on that system. I would love to get a N64 DD with games for less than a thousand dollars though.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Breath of the Wild, before that Mario Kart 8. I don't think I ever bought as little games for one console than for Wii U. Can't even begin to express how big of a flop I think it was...

Splatoon. I still have all my Wii U games.

Ya know ... the Switch is kind of making me realize wonder if the Wii U's exclusive library as a whole was always meh and not worth owning a console for. Which is funny given how critical I've been of Switch games. The answer is probably no but I definitely didn't get as much out of my Wii U as I would have liked.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Ya know ... the Switch is kind of making me realize wonder if the Wii U's exclusive library as a whole was always meh and not worth owning a console for. Which is funny given how critical I've been of Switch games. The answer is probably no but I definitely didn't get as much out of my Wii U as I would have liked.

Despite owning a crap ton of games for it, I could not recommend the system to anyone.

spurgeonryan said:

Despite owning a crap ton of games for it, I could not recommend the system to anyone.

My favorite thing about the Wii U was miiverse. Sadly it’s dead as the system it was born on :(. There were truly some gifted ppl on there when it came to drawing. Had a lot of fun and civilized conversations too. Wish Nintendo kept it alive for the switch. 

RIP Miiverse. 

The last three were Breath of the Wild, Star Crap Zero (really cheap, though i was still really disappointed) and Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition (second hand, good condition).
I think i'm done now with Wii U games. There's one or two i might still get if they're cheap enough though. But right now my focus is on Switch for Nintendo games.

spurgeonryan said:

Yeah I mean, I like the Wii U a lot. It had great games, some Wii U games I prefer to Switch's. But as a whole there was not a lot to sink your teeth in. 

It made me like Nintendo enough to buy a 3DS and Switch though.

Breath of the Wild at launch