By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon sold 1.2m units within first 3 days in Japan

This is probably the swan song for the 3DS. After this, what's left?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
boypita said:

I don´t think it´s going to reach 9M :/

B2&W2 didn´t reach it wit a better debut u.u

Nah, will easy sell 10 million lifetime. It won't be as big as BW2 in Japan, but in the west the 5th gen was very weak. So overall worldwide sales will be better.

I disagree. A number of factors will prevent itnfrom hitting 10mil imo. 8mil is safe bet with 9mil being a possibility.

Platina said:
After playing an hour or so, the game is way too similar to the original. Hopefully it diverges more, but not too impressed

Definitely surprised with the scores, but Pokemon will always be a million seller so not surprised with the sales

Same here... was anyone realistically expectin a sub million opening in Japan for USUM?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Good numbers. It got good reviews too. I doubt I'm going to buy it though, I could just replay Moon and it would be the same thing.

hunter_alien said:
Platina said:
After playing an hour or so, the game is way too similar to the original. Hopefully it diverges more, but not too impressed

Definitely surprised with the scores, but Pokemon will always be a million seller so not surprised with the sales

Same here... was anyone realistically expectin a sub million opening in Japan for USUM?

Yes after chris from era going on and on for the past week! (He never accepted he was wrong) i think i get why boutros dont like him lol. Anyways great OP, 2mil is a lockkkk

Around the Network

I am glad Pokemon Hype still so high!

Next Switch!

Switch!!!

That´s impressive.
As I have not played the first version, I may pick up a copy next month - if I finish all my other 3ds games, of course.

I wonder if they regret not making a third version of X and Y in 2015, I know ORAS was meant to some what count as that but, this proves they still sell really well which is what I think they were most weary of. Although it probably was just too much on their plates making Sun and Moon and maybe even preparing the first ideas for the future Pokémon HD games.

Just to note that 3 days is normal for a new release in Japan.

AlfredoTurkey said:
This is probably the swan song for the 3DS. After this, what's left?

Yo kai Watch Busters 2 in December :)