By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon sold 1.2m units within first 3 days in Japan

Amazing sales! Wonder what the world wide numbers will be, expecting 9-10 million lifetime

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cloudman said:
Not bad, though 2nd version pokemon games mostly sell between 2 to 3 mil, so Ultra Sun and Moon have some work to do sales wise. These games will likely have legs though to reach those numbers.

It's the 2nd best selling "third" version launch aligned in Japan, only being beat by Pokemon Yellow(which sold about as well as normal Pokemon games now do). It's only third if you count Black and White 2 as a "third" version and not as their own games. 

I was counting Platinum and Emerald as well, but yeah, there weren't as many '3rds' as I thought, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Kerotan said:
Does this count each sale of the double pack as 2 sales?

Did 1.2m people buy both sun and moon?

Iirc double pack is counted as one unit not two so those 1.2m include how much every copies of the double pack as one game not two, basing this on the fact that they did the same for sun and moon.

AnmolRed said:
Kerotan said:
Does this count each sale of the double pack as 2 sales?

Did 1.2m people buy both sun and moon?

Iirc double pack is counted as one unit not two so those 1.2m include how much every copies of the double pack as one game not two, basing this on the fact that they did the same for sun and moon.

No it would be double pack as 2 games. When numbers come out you double the number for the double pack sku.

So for example

USUM 1mil

Double Pack 100k (which is 200k)

Total 1.2mil

Cloudman said:

It's the 2nd best selling "third" version launch aligned in Japan, only being beat by Pokemon Yellow(which sold about as well as normal Pokemon games now do). It's only third if you count Black and White 2 as a "third" version and not as their own games. 

I was counting Platinum and Emerald as well, but yeah, there weren't as many '3rds' as I thought, haha.

I was including Platinum and Emerald as well Yeah, they kind of stopped making those after Platinum 

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

I was including Platinum and Emerald as well Yeah, they kind of stopped making those after Platinum 

Oh, okay, cool~ Also, I was just looking at total sales. Where did you get launch sale data??

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Oh, okay, cool~ Also, I was just looking at total sales. Where did you get launch sale data??

VGChartz tracks launch data for old Japanese games, just not other regions

AnmolRed said:
Amazing sales! Wonder what the world wide numbers will be, expecting 9-10 million lifetime

I don´t think it´s going to reach 9M :/

B2&W2 didn´t reach it wit a better debut u.u

tbone51 said:
AnmolRed said:

No it would be double pack as 2 games. When numbers come out you double the number for the double pack sku.

So for example

USUM 1mil

Double Pack 100k (which is 200k)

Total 1.2mil

Really? I could swear I thought they counted

them as a single sku

Edit: looked around and media create does count them as one , but in final numbers when reporting they are taken as two

Strange as they did that only with sun and moon.

With Oras they considered it as one

Oras :- 1.34m+ 90k double pack = 1.43m  opening

SuMo:- 1.56m + 151k double pack = 1.87m opening

Odd

Last edited by AnmolRed - on 22 November 2017

After playing an hour or so, the game is way too similar to the original. Hopefully it diverges more, but not too impressed

Definitely surprised with the scores, but Pokemon will always be a million seller so not surprised with the sales

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]