By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Convienence, hate checking to see if my game is capable with my PC, too lazy to ever upgrade the insides, don't care about specs, PC has only a handful of exclusives worth playing imo, and PCs are just boring. Why? I dont know, I dont care, and will not provide backup to claim because Im lazy

Around the Network

Feels nice to be on the couch and play some games with friends irl. Can't do that on PC.

SvennoJ said:

I limit my time behind a laptop now and feel great. A trackpad is indeed better, just not for games. The last time I really dove into a PC games was Elite Dangerous, which plays fine on a controller. (After setting up 8 pages of control mappings and still use keyboard for some functions, then do it again when a patch wipes it all out lol). That has so much downtime that I could sit back and relax, watch tv in between or even excersize while flying long distances which was most of the time. Before that I made a map of my hometown for cities in motion 2, which was too intense. I did it anyway, pushing through the pain, damn ocd! I quit video editing as well, just not worth it.

GT Sport has improved a lot in the match making department, the sportmanship rating is great putting skilled careful drivers apart from destruction derby drivers. It can still go further though. Perhaps the active pool is too small, sometimes the skill difference is still quite big, putting everyone from A to D class together. (luckily all SR S, so still careful drivers) Perhaps there just aren't that many accident free drivers. What's worse is that often geographically far away people make it into the mix. I'm in Canada and playing against people from Brazil, Chile, Greece, Italy has its issues. When you drive bumper to bumper any bit of lag can easily throw you off and make you bump the other player. GT Sport does a decent job at smoothing it out yet the sudden changes of direction of those opponents makes it clear the laws of physics still exist.

For some reason those far away players are often the ones with the best qualifying times, not really belonging in the mix. Perhaps the pool of skilled wheel users with clean ratings is so small they can't be matched closer to home. It's also very hard to overtake them with the lag. As a result the whole matchmaking process  is kinda opposite that the further you climb in rank the greater the disparity becomes in who you are matched against. Sink back to D class and the spread in qualifying times is perhaps 1 or 2 seconds. Climb up to B class and the spread can be as high as 10 sec.

Matchmaking is a tricky thing, it's vastly better than it was and infinitely greater than joining a random lobby where the cars are unbalanced and overpowered and you generally get treated as a bumper by other racers. It doesn't track SR rating in lobbies. Sometimes you feel more like you're in a pinball machine.

As for shooters online, I never play those anymore. With perks and what not, matchmaking is a joke for new players, as well as getting put against teams. It's not relaxing. The last one I enjoyed was Resistance 2's 8 player coop against the environment. Far Cry 3 had 4 player pve as well, yet there players quit out as soon as they saw you were lower level then them. I tried Uncharted 2 coop, got called a noob for not knowing the map inside out already, whatever, it wasn't fun gameplay anyway. I did enjoy Star Trek Bridge crew coop a ton this year. Helping out newcomers there was very rewarding as well as playing with an experienced crew. I wish it would get some DLC (instead of fixing the loophole that made experienced play more interesting)

To avoid tendinitis or carpal tunnel syndrome, it's important for us to understand what causes it. A M/KB makes your arm do movements it is not supposed to thousands of times. Mainly:

- You hold the mouse with your wrist resting. So you move a lot just the wrist. This joint is not supposed to be used that much in a short sequence. The normal movement is to mostly move your arm and just use the wrist slightly. When you use a laptop on your lap (yes, bad for the neck), you will notice that you use the trackpad mostly by moving the whole arm instead of just the wrist. Use a laptop on a desk or a regular M/KB and you will see how your movement behavior change.

- The wrist was made to stay straight most of the time. To use a mouse, it is always in an arc. For a keyboard, you have to flex it slightly because the keys are on a straight line while your arms are at an angle. This is a complete slaughter for your carpal tunnel.

Things that can improve:

- For the neck, the monitor should be at eye level.

- For the hands, the desk should be lower. Or you can set up your chair a bit higher. That will avoid having you resting your wrists on the table.

- Getting more ergonomic KB and M. MS has the amazing Natural Keyboard (https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00012). You can also go for more ergonomic mouses.

I guess GT Sport still has a limited user base. Playing with people from far away is generally terrible. I live in Brazil, but I'm currently in the EU for a few months, and playing with my Brazilian friends is a lag fest. Anyway, games like UC4 could split the userbase without issues, it's a 10M seller anyway.

What I do with UC4 is that when I notice a party I just quit and look for other match. No point in trying to fight, unless it's a pretty bad party. Resistance 2 was probably the most fun shooter I've played, I loved the 60 player team DM. The weapons were the best ever. Sony should remaster the Resistance trilogy with the MP. Day 1 for me.

Chazore said:

We're going off topic here with the whole fixation on PCMR and the "logic" behind it all.

Justifying WoW?, you mean like how WoW started off as a sub based Massive multiplayer online game?. How else were they to make money and keep the servers going back in 2004?. They weren't Sony or MS back then, they weren't billionaires, and WoW exploded at such a rate that they needed more and more, but I guess once you start an MMO, you're automatically a non charity case.

Also, you can pay for your WoW sub via WOW tokens, which you can buy with in-game gold, just like with Star Wars ToR. Suggesting the MMO go "F2P" would set it down the path of MT's up the wazoo and lesser quality in return. I've seen how all those F2P MMO's turned out, and it's not been a pretty and objectively better sight.

Like it or not, WoW is an MMO game, not a multiplayer sub service for a console. Otherwise every sub service on this planet is exactly a multiplayer service hub, but that's further from the reality we live in.

You treat both sides equally, but you don't know the pros of the other side, but you want to give out the flaws of one side and the pros of the otehr?, that doesn't really seem like sound logic (while we're on the topic of pointing out logic in general).

You don't have much of a sig, that much is true, but the sig isn't exactly a harmless one either, calling everything pointless, lives and all, a rather bleak and angsty look on life if you ask me.

But other than that, good to know we've gone from civility to non civility

Ahh, so this wasn't a general discussion that was tame or anything, it was really leading up to a punchline about the sig and another Don type discussion. Good to know that's where this was heading.

"You are FREE to believe PC gaming is so superior and that us console gamers are worms crawling around on the earth and worthless of breathing the same air as you"

See, this is now you projecting onto me, putting a label on me already and deciding to be done with it, without any word or anything, unless it's me adhering to your line of thought. I wouldn't bother taking this further off topic or talking about the same logic over and over again. It's about the OP topic, not PCMR.

And you keep on JUSTIFYING WoW as if the way they run their company was any of your business. Your business is to get the best deal which you don't cause you must pay a subscription to that game. So you justify them but I DO NOT justify paying for online gaming access as the PS+ or Xbox Live do. That's why PC gaming needs to be criticized from the outside cause you PC Gamers ALWAYS keep on justifying anything that happens in the world of PC. (And before you say anything on this, let me say that I KNOW, it's not ONLY PC gamers that do that. But you guys are experts in this department)

AGAIN why should I know the pros of the other side, let me write this in cap so maybe you can remember: I DON'T PLAY ON PC, so how am I expected to know the pros? All I need to do is acknowledge the pros. If something is positive about PC's I'm FINE with it, can you understand that my friend? If only you could be fine TOO with the pros of console gaming, you don't need to know them if you don't play on console, just acknowledge them. But to do that you need to come down from your PCMR pedestal and look at the world from a different point of view. Fake charts about how PC gaming is cheap and console gaming is super expensive in your sig are NOT going to help you do that.

As for my sig it's a reference to Rick's philosophy from the show Rick and Morty and it has absolutely nothing to do with our discussion. So if you're going to try and justify your anti-console PCMR sig with my gaming unrelated sig, it's going to be a dead end for your argument.

You said: "it's about the OP topic, not PCMR".

The OP topic was fine, I gave my opinion on my first post on this thread in accordance to the OP topic... Then YOU started this argument cause you did not like that someone talked about PC flaws, which I must repeat AGAIN, goes in accordance with the topic of this thread.

And finally, on the topic of non-civility, I'm not sure what you mean? I'm having a normal discussion. I simply don't let you get away with the notion that PC is above the rest of us. That's all my first post was about and that's all my subsequent replies to your posts are all about.

Cheers mate

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 16 November 2017

CrazyGamer2017 said:

And you keep on JUSTIFYING WoW as if the way they run their company was any of your business. Your business is to get the best deal which you don't cause you must pay a subscription to that game. So you justify them but I DO NOT justify paying for online gaming access as the PS+ or Xbox Live do. That's why PC gaming needs to be criticized from the outside cause you PC Gamers ALWAYS keep on justifying anything that happens in the world of PC. (And before you say anything on this, let me say that I KNOW, it's not ONLY PC gamers that do that. But you guys are experts in this department).

Not sure why Blizzard have to turn WoW into a horrid F2P MMO, or a completely free one, since that would be a game that wouldn't make them money, and it still isn't akin to a multiplayer mode, since WoW is a massively open world RPG, not a console multiplayer system service, or Netflix for that matter.

Justifying everything?, you mean like how you're justifying the cons, mentioning none of the pros and calling it a day, while taking a good chunk of the thread to talk about my sig?.

You've done it again, you've managed to bring up another "we do it, but those guys are the absolute worst" type of arguments.

And yes, yes there is some hostility, because for a good chunk of our conversation, you have been putting a lot of focus on just my signature and involving WoW as a sideline topic, to make it appear as if we're not already treading into off topic territory. The thread is about the reasons, not the signatures, not a meme.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Not sure why Blizzard have to turn WoW into a horrid F2P MMO, or a completely free one, since that would be a game that wouldn't make them money, and it still isn't akin to a multiplayer mode, since WoW is a massively open world RPG, not a console multiplayer system service, or Netflix for that matter.

Justifying everything?, you mean like how you're justifying the cons, mentioning none of the pros and calling it a day, while taking a good chunk of the thread to talk about my sig?.

You've done it again, you've managed to bring up another "we do it, but those guys are the absolute worst" type of arguments.

And yes, yes there is some hostility, because for a good chunk of our conversation, you have been putting a lot of focus on just my signature and involving WoW as a sideline topic, to make it appear as if we're not already treading into off topic territory. The thread is about the reasons, not the signatures, not a meme.

And for the last time I was on topic until you replied to me because you don't like me being on topic: The topic being why do I feel console gaming is better than PC gaming, I said why and you don't like a console peasant exposing PC flaws because (and now it's obvious) you are a PC Master Race believer. If you can't take it that people see the flaws in PC's, too bad for you. And do you plan to repeat a million times that I don't mention the pros of PC when I explained clearly why SEVERAL times? Cause no point in me repeating it again since you will simply ignore it AGAIN.

If you did not get it yet, you won't get it now. PC is not perfect and I'm glad I did what I did cause your reaction proves PC criticism is a necessary thing, you know just so you guys don't get too high on your PCMR pedestal. And if you consider hostility when people are forthright about PC's flaws then too bad for you my friend. If you don't mind being hostile towards console gamer don't complain when console gamers call you out on your PCMR BS.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 18 November 2017

Because i know that i'm pretty much good, for the next 8-10 years, with a console. I also can sit in my comfy chair, and enjoy my games, on my 55" OLED. I also never cared for using a keyboard and mouse.

Skyrim VR is one good reason! Just had another epic session with no interruptions, no graphics tweaking, no wondering if the settings could be better or whether the fps might drop with too much oversampling. No worries of slowdown with certain effects, it just works. No messing with mods, ini files, controller configurations, 100% fully immersive play time.

Gaming is more relaxing when you stop worrying how you could make it look a little better or what you can tweak or add to the experience. Console gaming, the solution to the paradox of choice.

SvennoJ said:
Skyrim VR is one good reason! Just had another epic session with no interruptions, no graphics tweaking, no wondering if the settings could be better or whether the fps might drop with too much oversampling. No worries of slowdown with certain effects, it just works. No messing with mods, ini files, controller configurations, 100% fully immersive play time.

Gaming is more relaxing when you stop worrying how you could make it look a little better or what you can tweak or add to the experience. Console gaming, the solution to the paradox of choice.

I can say that this is spot on. Really, I work the whole day messing up with a PC and developing stuff. If I have to arrive late at home and lose an hour trying to tune a game, I would rather watch Netflix or sleep. My PS4 just works.

I arrive home, do my stuff (dinner, etc) and then I just grab a DS4, press the PS button and pop a game in. I'm playing a game in basically a minute.

The problems with this thread is PC gamers trying to attack everyone in a thread that wasn't asking them anything. OP wanted to know the opinion of people that are mainly consoles gamers. These guys are just trying to justify the tons of cash they expend on hardware, with the tons of bugs they seem to ignore.

exclusives :)