By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Better? Back in the days console/pc were different. Nowadays its all the same common denominator mishmash sprinkled with an overdose of indie/retro poop.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Better? Back in the days console/pc were different. Nowadays its all the same common denominator mishmash sprinkled with an overdose of indie/retro poop.

At the end if the day, I guess it kinda is.

I think back to when I was a young lad in the NES and SNES era and PC was like this mythical land of gaming that I would never visit. When I ran out of "normal" gaming magazines to read, I'd buy pc gaming magazines. They had games I didn't understand but still looked good, of overly complicated.

Now, they just look like two sides of the same coin.

d21lewis said:

At the end if the day, I guess it kinda is.

I think back to when I was a young lad in the NES and SNES era and PC was like this mythical land of gaming that I would never visit. When I ran out of "normal" gaming magazines to read, I'd buy pc gaming magazines. They had games I didn't understand but still looked good, of overly complicated.

Now, they just look like two sides of the same coin.

The more platforms your game is on, the larger your potential audience, the more pennies you can dive into like scrooge McDuck.
I have had consoles since the Atari 2600. (Aka. 2nd gen consoles.)
And PC's since 1993 with Windows 3.11.

Enjoyed them all, but with a leaning towards PC. I always liked the "complicated" games, they forced me to think, the PC was the realm of RTS and TBS and Space Sims (Which continues to this day) and those titles appealed to me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

For me it is simple. I was in the process of ditching Windows for Linux. I kept Windows on my PC, just for games. Consoles filled that spot, so I could let Windows go.

Nowadays Linux has more and more interesting games, but now I somewhat attached to consoles. But it means I play besides that Pillars of Eternity,Armello, Torment. Divinity, The Curious Expedition and so on.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pemalite said:
SvennoJ said:

This is my media center:

Over 500 Blu-rays that's about 24 Terabytes as well. Add games and equally large DVD collection plus some CDs.
Console works fine with a massive media center :)

Impressive Star Fox. Although. That's not a media center, that's a media collection. Haha
Although I could give that a run for it's money. ;)

The point of a HTPC though is so you don't have to get up and put disks in, you have already dumped them and turned them into digital copies. (Legal in countries like Australia where we are allowed to make personal copies of media and software.)

And how long would it take to dump over a thousand movies.... That's hardly convenient now is it :)

There's Netflix on the tv remote if I'm too lazy to put in a disk. If I want top quality picture, sound and extras for the full movie experience, blu-ray is the way to go and consoles are very useful for that. The only downside is the crap they make you have to skip through before you can start the movie.

You could argue 4K gives an even better picture quality, however I bought Your Name on blu-ray for CAD 25, the 4K edition is CAD 143
https://www.play-asia.com/kimi-no-na-wa-your-name-collectors-edition-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-l/13/70b6kl (or CAD 168 via Amazon)
The blu-ray is reference quality, stunning upscaled to 4K. I can live without the extra bits and keep CAD 118 in my pocket!

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

The more platforms your game is on, the larger your potential audience, the more pennies you can dive into like scrooge McDuck.

For obvious reasons I hate the term PC Master Race...but aside from that, I don't think console gaming is better than PC gaming. I just personally prefer console gaming. In particular I like fun, cartoony, imaginative games that are tactile and fun to control. For the most part that has left me with Nintendo...but the PS1/PS2 era were pretty cool as well..

Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

- better games

- cheaper to buy the console than a pc an having to keep updating gaming components

- games almost as cheap if you dont buy them at launch

- better games

- can play on the couch with friends easily

- sit farther away from screen, so it's healthier for your eyes

- not having to deal with windows problems

- better games

case closed

Because it's a habit. That being said, I never understood why the "PC Master Race" tryhards always need to force their agenda. Especially the ones who don't know that the term is sarcastic and take it at face value.

Kaneman! said:
That being said, I never understood why the "PC Master Race" tryhards always need to force their agenda.

So who started this thread about system A being better than system B?