By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Pemalite said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Really ? it's because of games bro PC doesn't have that.. a fancy powerful rig means nothing to me

PC has more games than any other platform in existence, being backwards compatible with decades worth of games and being able to run games from other platforms has ensured such a thing.

The PC has more games than the 3DS, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Vita, Switch.... Combined. We can even throw the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in there for good measure too.

PC has more games, less quality games from my perspective. And good luck getting PS3 games running on your PC.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

PC has more games, less quality games from my perspective.

I don't share that perspective... The vast majority of console games are on PC anyway.

Lawlight said:

And good luck getting PS3 games running on your PC.

https://rpcs3.net/compatibility

529 Playstation 3 games are now playable on PC. And that is playable from start to finish.
Only a matter of time before the entire library can be run. ;)

To put that in perspective... That is the equivalent of 32% of the entire Playstation 4 game Library, come a long way, huh?
Here is Xenoverse running:

Last edited by Pemalite - on 12 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:

Oh.....OHHHHH. One of THESE topics!

My take? For me, there really isn't a better gaming solution than on PC. Convenience rests solely with consoles, no doubt, but because I'm all about creating my own experience, the PC is just where it's at. Plus, I admit that I'm a guy that craves power, the best visuals, and creating my own character rigs (not character creation, but actually creating what many of you bozos use in your video games ). Much in what I do as I grow old can only be done on PC.

Besides, when PC games are broken, often enough, one of us will fix it, either through our own patches, INI Setting changes, or file tweaks. And, never mind the game changers that are SweetFX/ReShade and ENB for graphics. Sometimes, games I see on PC (or mod on PC - such as Oblivion or Star Wars Battlefront 2015), are leagues ahead of their console counterparts. In fact, modding can, and often does, give the PC an exclusive within-a-multiplatform title. Mods don't just bring cosmetic changes, but gameplay/sound/tuning changes as well, making it an entirely new game.

So, while I'll always keep consoles for the games that don't come to PC, the latter is just an overall superior experience, to me.

I was wondering when you'd show up! I haven't even read your post yet but I value your opinions.

I'll just copy and paste my previous post on this subject with a few edits...

Advantages Consoles have over PC's

1 - Physical Releases & Used Games, these are practically non-existant on PC (though this could change on console in the coming decade.) This is especially invaluable in regions with poor internet infrastructure or data-caps. But also your physical purchases hold some value and can be resold, buy a PC or Digital Console game and that money is just gone.

2 - Online Multiplayer with Gamepad (FPS etc). On PC you're basically forced to use Keyboard + Mouse in the vast majority of games for online multiplayer or suffer a massive disadvantage.

3 - Price/Performance, try building a PC as powerful as a PS4 for the same pirce, the $200 Blackfriday deal is coming up. Bluray Drive + HDD + Input Device (gamepad) + Case + PSU + CPU + GPU + Ram + necessary cables and a crappy headset in some cases.

4 - Gamepad Usability (OS), this can likely be made better on PC with certain applications, but navigating through Windows 10 on your gamepad while lounging on the couch? Good luck.

5 - Centralized System, Windows is an open system, which does have many advantages over a closed system, however there's also many advantages to having a closed system. Everything is in one place, everything is official, everything will mostly work. You pay a price for the simplicity in the extent of it's functionality but for most that price is worth paying. PS4 - One Friends List, One Library, One OS, One System, One Store.

6 - Idiot Proof. Unlike PC's you don't need to check system requirements, you don't have to edit graphics options to get the game to run how you want it to, and the system itself is a lot easier to navigate.

7 - Trophies/Achievements, this is a big deal for some (Ka-pi!) and steam achievements are bloody awful, as they have no seperate value and no standardisation between games. I.E This game has 5 steam achievements, this game has 800. Each steam achievement is worth... 1 achievement.

Pemalite said:
Lawlight said:

PC has more games, less quality games from my perspective.

I don't share that perspective... The vast majority of console games are on PC anyway.

Lawlight said:

And good luck getting PS3 games running on your PC.

https://rpcs3.net/compatibility

529 Playstation 3 games are now playable on PC. And that is playable from start to finish.
Only a matter of time before the entire library can be run. ;)

To put that in perspective... That is the equivalent of 32% of the entire Playstation 4 game Library, come a long way, huh?
Here is Xenoverse running:

I checked that PS3 emulator page - only 17.88% of the PS3 games are playable. I checked some Sony first parties - Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, Heavy Rain - not playable. I checked Tales of Symphonia because that’s I am playing at the moment and it’s marked as playable. However, when checking the thread and:

Movie : Slow
Graphic : Slow
Music : Work
SaveGame : Not Work
LoadGame : ???

This is what counts as playable? 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

I checked that PS3 emulator page - only 17.88% of the PS3 games are playable. I checked some Sony first parties - Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, Heavy Rain - not playable. I checked Tales of Symphonia because that’s I am playing at the moment and it’s marked as playable. However, when checking the thread and:

Did I state that <insert game you have spotted not on a list> would work? No I did not. - Because anyone can cherry pick a random title from that list.
17.88% or 529 games is still a massive achievement and updates are coming quick and fast.

All your games are belong to us. Eventually.

I like both. I tend to play more on console though. Mainly because I don't care about grfxx too much and I'm just used to it. Also fuck Windows, fuck Steam and yai used games. =P

But at the end of the day I really don't care too much on what platform I play on.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Pemalite said:
Lawlight said:

Did I state that would work? No I did not. - Because anyone can cherry pick a random title from that list.
17.88% or 529 games is still a massive achievement and updates are coming quick and fast.

That game is listed as one of the playable games so yes, you did say that that game is playable as it is one of the 529 games. The post is from 8 months ago so not sure how fast they’re working. And I guess if you can finish a game on the emulator it counts even if it’s running at 1 fps.

Lawlight said:

That game is listed as one of the playable games so yes, you did say that that game is playable as it is one of the 529 games. The post is from 8 months ago so not sure how fast they’re working. And I guess if you can finish a game on the emulator it counts even if it’s running at 1 fps.

There have been massive gains.
Some of the biggest ones were recently with Vulkan back in may.

Still. My point still obviously stands.

Pemalite said:
Lawlight said:

Did I state that would work? No I did not. - Because anyone can cherry pick a random title from that list.

Damn. I just assumed that 90% of PS3 games were already playable on PC. It's been over eleven years since the PS3 launched.