By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Cheating is rampant in PC gaming.

As bad as they can be, the randos talking through my console headset are far less toxic than the ones in the PC multiplayer community.

My computer’s performance gives me an unfair advantage so it’s not as fun; the playing field is more balanced when everyone has similar hardware.

All three of those are dealbreakers by themselves, so basically, from my experience, multiplayer gaming is unplayable on the computer. It actively makes me want to do anything except play computer games.

Around the Network
Conina said:

So who started this thread about system A being better than system B?

Hah! Fair point. I personally don't rate any platform as better, so that's where I'm coming from. My quip was more aimed towards the bashing that ensues in, let's say a random youtube video, that has nothing to do with the matter on hand. People are not only saying that PC is better, but also driving the point home that others who aren't like them are "peasants". What is the point of that, I wonder. Do people think that the affected would respond like "Oh boy, I just got called a peasant. I shall destroy my console immediately and buy me a gaming PC, so I'm safe from internet criticism"? It's bizarre.

It's not, and there is no argument.  PC is the premium platform.

typically console only players cant afford or maintain a PC, but i doubt anyone would seriously argue that a console is superior.  

Console only? No, no, no, my dear Lewis, you have BOTH a PC and a console.

I actually prefer consoles just because they're so much easier go handle. It's just simple.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I prefer a console because the controls are easier to use.

Around the Network

Simplicity, and games are 99% of the time optimized properly. When I bought a PS4 in 2013 I knew I was good for the next 6 to 8 years, if I were to get a gaming PC I'd just have to hope that the games I want can run on my system and are properly optimized for it. I'm also used to playing a controller and getting used to mouse + keyboard would without a doubt take a long time to get used to.

d21lewis said:

My YouTube recommendations are, for some reason, overflowing with videos from PC gamers attacking console games. Whenever I see a Facebook post from Sony or Microsoft, there's a guarantee that somebody will comment "My  PC can blah, blah." I've never been a PC gamer (or really given much consideration about the habits and thought process of the PC gamer) so I can't really refute their arguments. At the same time, they seem to have some misconceptions about the current state of console gaming as well.

I'd just like to know why you choose to be a console only "peasant", compared to the "Glorious PC Master Race".

price, exclusives, and ease of use. if there was a pc in well built console form that can offer near ps4 pro gpu with a i5, for 500$ i would buy it.

I think PC gaming is better but I can't afford a good rig (what I consider good that is). Once I've saved up for other more important things I'll maybe consider a gaming PC but until then I'm perfectly fine on console.

Conina said:
Kaneman! said:
That being said, I never understood why the "PC Master Race" tryhards always need to force their agenda.

I started it because of what I've seen personally. Not because I was looking for some kind of conflict or to prove consoles were better. In fact, most of the replies I've seen were already refuted in videos. That's why I've been mostly quiet this whole thread.

d21lewis said:
Conina said:

I started it because of what I've seen personally. Not because I was looking for some kind of conflict or to prove consoles were better. In fact, most of the replies I've seen were already refuted in videos. That's why I've been mostly quiet this whole thread.

It also didn't help that you watched some videos, which also led to Youtube suggesting you to watch videos closely related to what you had previously watched

Some of the replies in this thread have opinions that stem from the old days of PC gaming, and some seem to stem from a lack of up to date knowledge of the platform, when talking of it's negatives.

It's more or less become a thread where it's alright to list the positives of consoles, but to also list the negatives of PC, without listing the positives for it's side of the coin (very few of us have have listed pros and cons to each side within this thread).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"