By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom developing Switch titles aimed to release after April next year, including Ace Attorney

Yeah, I expect a Monster Hunter World Portable late 2018 in Japan, probably never in the West. I am pretty much done with Capcom now though.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
NICE!A new Ace attorney!Hoping here they bring Spirit of Justice to Switch, since I prefer to play on the Switch rather than the 3DS, but Ill make it do with the 3DS, if no porting is planned.

Since they ported the originals to the ds from(jp) gba, then poted trilogy+AJ to 3ds, wouldn't be surprized if they come out with a 60$ collection for all 6, though they newer 3 games need a rework cause they were designed with dual screens in mind.

TheBraveGallade said:
Nautilus said:
NICE!A new Ace attorney!Hoping here they bring Spirit of Justice to Switch, since I prefer to play on the Switch rather than the 3DS, but Ill make it do with the 3DS, if no porting is planned.

Since they ported the originals to the ds from(jp) gba, then poted trilogy+AJ to 3ds, wouldn't be surprized if they come out with a 60$ collection for all 6, though they newer 3 games need a rework cause they were designed with dual screens in mind.

The dual-screen-rework is already done for the iOS-versions of AA1, AA2, AA3, AA4, AA5 and AA6, so a collection of the main titles on one screen should be no problem.

The Great Attorney 1 is also already adapted to single screens on iOS and Android:

I'm sure that The Great Attorney 2 was developed with single screen option from the beginning and that the Ace Attorney Investigation games (and Prof. Layton vs. Phoenix Wright) can also easily be adapted. So there aren't technical barriers for Switch versions of these games.

Wright said:
Nuvendil said:

Just a guess, but people are probably pissed because Capcom has now released 3 low profile games - one they refuse to even localize - that they have openly called tests so as to try and force people to buy them by holding bigger releases to ransom while Bethesda never did that and has announced 2 major, AAA current gen games for the system before Skyrim even launched, thus proving their commitment to building a base on the system rather than condescendingly demanding that Switch owners kiss the ring and prove their loyalty first.  Just a guess.

Before those two major games were announced, people approached Bethesda and asked them about Switch support after the adverts where you could see someone playing Skyrim. They surprisingly answered that they couldn't even confirm if Skyrim was going to make it there, alongside any support at all. While this caused issues at first, fast-forward some months and now you have plenty of people hyped for Skyrim, alongside other Bethesda-published games.

You do realise that they are NDAs, so Bethesda even if they wanted to talk about Switch support they couldn't because Nintendo didn't allow them. Actually not single one game wasn't confirmed before January Switch event.

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

And when I say people want companies that doesn't support Nintendo to fail others will say I'm being a lunatic.

The word is being stupid. I mean, please, give me a reason, as to why neglect your entire fanbase and go back to home consoles (MHW), not releasing glove fit games for Nintendo on actual Nintendo platforms (Okami? Mega Man Collection?).

It's like Mc Donalds shutting down food operations and going to clash with Coca Cola instead levels of stupidity. But most and beyond all, the "tests". As a customer, I am beyond infuriated and insulted by this.

Because they are trying something new that they thought wouldn't work or sell on Switch? What about they now negleting PS4 and X1 to release only on Switch isn't that negleting 100M userbase? Shall they fail because of this?

Yes be infuriated and insulted, never buy anymore and all that useless venting... and then complain about companies not supporting Nintendo...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

we hate them but we take everything form capcom
monster hunter resident evil

Switch!!!

Miyamotoo said:

You do realise that they are NDAs, so Bethesda even if they wanted to talk about Switch support they couldn't because Nintendo didn't allow them. Actually not single one game wasn't confirmed before January Switch event.

It doesn't matter whether it was a NDA or Bethesda being obtuse, because the public has to deal with their answer regardless. They're the same team that outright said no games for WiiU because of hardware, so there's been a palpable apathy from Bethesda ever since. Again, it matters none at this point because people seem in love with what Bethesda is doing; if games come, people put aside any previous history from the company.

Like I said, I get that some people might be angry at Capcom but c'mon. They're about to release both Revelations games, the later being a 2015 game that was never on a Nintendo console. They've just said they'll bring better support next year. The only thing that really doesn't make much sense is Okami not being ported to Switch as well, but considering Capcom was cautious with the Switch, don't dismiss a later port happening. Heck Bethesda's Wolfenstein 2 already released, but it'll come in 2018 for Switch - something people don't seem to mind.

Wright said:
Miyamotoo said:

It doesn't matter whether it was a NDA or Bethesda being obtuse, because the public has to deal with their answer regardless. They're the same team that outright said no games for WiiU because of hardware, so there's been a palpable apathy from Bethesda ever since. Again, it matters none at this point because people seem in love with what Bethesda is doing; if games come, people put aside any previous history from the company.

Like I said, I get that some people might be angry at Capcom but c'mon. They're about to release both Revelations games, the later being a 2015 game that was never on a Nintendo console. They've just said they'll bring better support next year. The only thing that really doesn't make much sense is Okami not being ported to Switch as well, but considering Capcom was cautious with the Switch, don't dismiss a later port happening. Heck Bethesda's Wolfenstein 2 already released, but it'll come in 2018 for Switch - something people don't seem to mind.

The flaw in your argument is that the is an NDA in place whether you want to think it matters or not, they weren't developing for the Wii U or had any indication they were and flat out said they weren't this is far more respectful to consumers as they're not beating around the bush. With the Switch the first thing we saw was Skyrim running on it and when Bethesda didn't say much on the matter it was already clear they were on board as they would flat out say they aren't if they had no interest.

Capcom get a lot of heat because of how they handle things they rerelease low profile games like SFIIHD at full price and tell consumers its a test and continue to parrot that comment which comes across to the consumer as the company trying to tell them they're lucky to have the game it's terrible PR, RER isn't even anything to write home about the second game could have easily been on Wii U where as with Bethesda they've brought over Doom, Skyrim remastered and bringing over Wolfenstein all games that were in development before Switch was released even so they've shown proper commitment at trying to find success on the platform instead of Capcom's here and there stance.

Wyrdness said:

The flaw in your argument is that the is an NDA in place whether you want to think it matters or not, they weren't developing for the Wii U or had any indication they were and flat out said they weren't this is far more respectful to consumers as they're not beating around the bush. With the Switch the first thing we saw was Skyrim running on it and when Bethesda didn't say much on the matter it was already clear they were on board as they would flat out say they aren't if they had no interest.

Capcom get a lot of heat because of how they handle things they rerelease low profile games like SFIIHD at full price and tell consumers its a test and continue to parrot that comment which comes across to the consumer as the company trying to tell them they're lucky to have the game it's terrible PR, RER isn't even anything to write home about the second game could have easily been on Wii U where as with Bethesda they've brought over Doom, Skyrim remastered and bringing over Wolfenstein all games that were in development before Switch was released even so they've shown proper commitment at trying to find success on the platform instead of Capcom's here and there stance.

It doesn't matter, because it caused struggle within people. You think it might be clear that they were on board, but not everyone was as happy, especially when people didn't buy things from other developers like "unprecedent support" from EA in regards to the Nintendo Switch. People simply were cautious because there was no real reason to think Bethesda would carry on a great support, in lights of their comments afterwards. No previous history (sans two Wii game published back in 2008) also made it easier to think Bethesda could cop out at any point. The current mismanagement of EA as support goes on Switch hasn't surprised people, after all.

People are giving Bethesda a free pass because, well, they've announced games. People don't care that it's a 2011 enhanced port that never made it into any Nintendo console despite the Nintendo consoles being more than capable of playing the game (you talk about the second Capcom game being easily on WiiU, but it's the same story with Skyrim). People don't care that Doom wasn't there because it is now. People don't care about Wolfenstein 2 coming later because it's now coming, even though it already came elsewhere. Bethesda saw potential after the initial response from the public, which is why they later ported Doom (a game that had already released), and they confirmed a launch of Wolfenstein 2, which takes more time than everything else because they clearly weren't thinking of porting it to Switch at first. Same story with The Evil Within 2, whose developer expressed interest on releasing on Switch but nothing is confirmed yet.

Capcom might get hate, but it's a temperamental hate fueled on the fact that they were simply too cautious with the Switch, which led them to release ports rather than new games (ports, which is something Bethesda is releasing too). They've just said 2018 will have Capcom support, and people seem to carry with the hate. Outside Resident Evil 7 and Okami, I'm not sure what people were truly expecting from Capcom this year, unless the Switch audience really demands those two games desperatedly.

And since the Switch audience is in love with games that were never released on Nintendo, regardless of age (see, Skyrim from 2011), Revelations 2 is coming to the Switch, so I dunno what people want at this point.

Wright said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of Course it does matter, if they are under NDA and they have games in development they can't say anything specific if that under NDA. Totally different situation to Wii U, they didn't have anything in development for Wii U so they didn't wear under any NDA and they just said we don't have any games in development for Wii U.

Difference between Bethesda and Capcom is that Bethesda already announced 3 big AAA games, Capcom didn't ananuced not single one big AAA game. Thats huge difrence.