By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom developing Switch titles aimed to release after April next year, including Ace Attorney

Miyamotoo said:

Of Course it does matter, if they are under NDA and they have games in development they can't say anything specific if that under NDA. Totally different situation to Wii U, they didn't have anything in development for Wii U so they didn't wear under any NDA and they just said we don't have any games in development for Wii U.

Difference between Bethesda and Capcom is that Bethesda already announced 3 big AAA games, Capcom didn't ananuced not single one big AAA game. Thats huge difrence.

I posted in the other reply:

It doesn't matter, because it caused struggle within people. You think it might be clear that they were on board, but not everyone was as happy, especially when people didn't buy things from other developers like "unprecedent support" from EA in regards to the Nintendo Switch. People simply were cautious because there was no real reason to think Bethesda would carry on a great support, in lights of their comments afterwards. No previous history (sans two Wii game published back in 2008) also made it easier to think Bethesda could cop out at any point. The current mismanagement of EA as support goes on Switch hasn't surprised people, after all.

And I'm not sure what difference I have to see there. 3 Big AAA games, two of those being games from previous years (sure, Doom is fairly recent, but one dates back of 2011!). Considering Capcom hasn't released any AAA game sans Resident Evil 7 in recent years, which I already mentioned on the other reply, again, what does people want? AAA games out of thin air that don't even exist in other platforms? You'd be happy if they ported Resident Evil 4, which was an AAA back in the day, just like Skyrim was in 2011?

Capcom just said they're developing Switch games, one of them including Ace Attorney. What else is there at this point?

Around the Network
Wright said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of Course it does matter, if they are under NDA and they have games in development they can't say anything specific if that under NDA. Totally different situation to Wii U, they didn't have anything in development for Wii U so they didn't wear under any NDA and they just said we don't have any games in development for Wii U.

Difference between Bethesda and Capcom is that Bethesda already announced 3 big AAA games, Capcom didn't ananuced not single one big AAA game. Thats huge difrence.

I posted in the other reply:

It doesn't matter, because it caused struggle within people. You think it might be clear that they were on board, but not everyone was as happy, especially when people didn't buy things from other developers like "unprecedent support" from EA in regards to the Nintendo Switch. People simply were cautious because there was no real reason to think Bethesda would carry on a great support, in lights of their comments afterwards. No previous history (sans two Wii game published back in 2008) also made it easier to think Bethesda could cop out at any point. The current mismanagement of EA as support goes on Switch hasn't surprised people, after all.

And I'm not sure what difference I have to see there. 3 Big AAA games, two of those being games from previous years (sure, Doom is fairly recent, but one dates back of 2011!). Considering Capcom hasn't released any AAA game sans Resident Evil 7 in recent years, which I already mentioned on the other reply, again, what does people want? AAA games out of thin air that don't even exist in other platforms? You'd be happy if they ported Resident Evil 4, which was an AAA back in the day, just like Skyrim was in 2011?

Capcom just said they're developing Switch games, one of them including Ace Attorney. What else is there at this point?

Its not point if people were happy or not, that didn't depended from Bethesda if they are under NDA, they can't say anything specifk until Nintendo don't approve them.

It doesn't matter (just for record Skyrim Remaster is game from last year also), 3 AAA big games are still 3 AAA big games more compared to Capcom, Capcom did not announced nothing similar, not single one, if Capcom for instance just announced RE7 (so just one big AAA game) people  would act quite difrent to Capcom regardless Switch support. So it very obvious why Bethesda get praise and Capcom is criticized.

Maybe we can see Ultra Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Ultra Street Fighter III

Wright said:

People are giving Bethesda a free pass because, well, they've announced games. People don't care that it's a 2011 enhanced port that never made it into any Nintendo console despite the Nintendo consoles being more than capable of playing the game (you talk about the second Capcom game being easily on WiiU, but it's the same story with Skyrim). People don't care that Doom wasn't there because it is now. People don't care about Wolfenstein 2 coming later because it's now coming, even though it already came elsewhere. Bethesda saw potential after the initial response from the public, which is why they later ported Doom (a game that had already released), and they confirmed a launch of Wolfenstein 2, which takes more time than everything else because they clearly weren't thinking of porting it to Switch at first. Same story with The Evil Within 2, whose developer expressed interest on releasing on Switch but nothing is confirmed yet.

Capcom might get hate, but it's a temperamental hate fueled on the fact that they were simply too cautious with the Switch, which led them to release ports rather than new games (ports, which is something Bethesda is releasing too). They've just said 2018 will have Capcom support, and people seem to carry with the hate. Outside Resident Evil 7 and Okami, I'm not sure what people were truly expecting from Capcom this year, unless the Switch audience really demands those two games desperatedly.

And since the Switch audience is in love with games that were never released on Nintendo, regardless of age (see, Skyrim from 2011), Revelations 2 is coming to the Switch, so I dunno what people want at this point.

No it does matter because we know Bethesda are straight talking when it comes to their plans you trying to tell us otherwise doesn't change that the main people who are cautious and all are the same mob who have questioned the Switch even to today, if the reveal has Skyrim in it then it's clear the game is on the platform, Bethesda also aren't EA.

No one is giving Bethesda a free pass you're trying a bit too hard to knock them, Skyrim Remastered is the same game on X1 and PS4 so is Doom and Wolfenstein all games built for platforms people were saying the gap is too big for multiplatform yet here we are with Bethesda shooting all of that down now look at Capcom's best effort USFIIHD a game that was out even before the original Skyrim is 10 quid else where while sold at full 50 quid on Switch while telling people this is a test while also not releasing Okami, Megaman and so on the effort is not even comparable. Fact is reason they've said 2018 has games coming is because Switch is too big for them to faff about with anymore and they've seen their competitors like Namco, Ubisoft, Koei etc... all do well with out the nonsensical test PR.

They're reaping what they've sown.

Let capcom do another minish cap. Love the game!!!!

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Its not point if people were happy or not, that didn't depended from Bethesda if they are under NDA, they can't say anything specifk until Nintendo don't approve them.

It doesn't matter (just for record Skyrim Remaster is game from last year also), 3 AAA big games are still 3 AAA big games more compared to Capcom, Capcom did not announced nothing similar, not single one, if Capcom for instance just announced RE7 (so just one big AAA game) people  would act quite difrent to Capcom regardless Switch support. So it very obvious why Bethesda get praise and Capcom is criticized.

Consumer doesn't really care whether someone is under NDA or not. Even if it was because of Nintendo, that doesn't make anyone less wary. It's not unlike a review embargo that takes place after the game has released. There's still chances the game does awesome critically, but people is still skeptical because of the nature of it; especially in the case of someone like Bethesda, who has neglected Nintendo throughout the years and really didn't have a reason not to put Skyrim on WiiU.

Skyrim remaster is a remaster of a 2011 game. I'm not sure what point can be argued here that people are hyped for a game that originally released in 2011; if anything, the remaster is not AAA since the effort poured into it was much less than creating the game itself. But that's what you're accounting for, the game itself, which indeed is from six years ago.

And like I said on the other post, Bethesda is praised because the games are there now. Bethesda sure wasn't praised prior to Switch, and they definitively weren't praised during the NDA act, which further tells that people don't care as long as the games are coming. Now you have Capcom saying the games will come next year. I'm not sure what else is needed, but certainly avocate for Capcom's failure isn't a good way to act I'd say, which is the misplaced anger I'm talking about. Might as well avocate for Bethesda's failure since they don't deserve support considering all those years of nothing on Nintendo consoles. Well, aside from that amazing racing game everyone loved.

Wyrdness said:

No it does matter because we know Bethesda are straight talking when it comes to their plans you trying to tell us otherwise doesn't change that the main people who are cautious and all are the same mob who have questioned the Switch even to today, if the reveal has Skyrim in it then it's clear the game is on the platform, Bethesda also aren't EA.

No one is giving Bethesda a free pass you're trying a bit too hard to knock them, Skyrim Remastered is the same game on X1 and PS4 so is Doom and Wolfenstein all games built for platforms people were saying the gap is too big for multiplatform yet here we are with Bethesda shooting all of that down now look at Capcom's best effort USFIIHD a game that was out even before the original Skyrim is 10 quid else where while sold at full 50 quid on Switch while telling people this is a test while also not releasing Okami, Megaman and so on the effort is not even comparable. Fact is reason they've said 2018 has games coming is because Switch is too big for them to faff about with anymore and they've seen their competitors like Namco, Ubisoft, Koei etc... all do well with out the nonsensical test PR.

They're reaping what they've sown.

Bethesda might not be EA, but do you truly believe WiiU couldn't run Skyrim? Or was that Bethesda giving excuses not to support Nintendo? They aren't really all that straight talking. They are now, because they see the potential, the money.

I'm not knocking Bethesda. I like them, and I play their games regulary. It's just weird to taste all this love for them when they clearly haven't done much to prove themselves so far, outside three games announced (which seems to be good enough). It clearly points that people really, really don't care about a developer's past history as long as the present have them supporting the product. Capcom is in shambles, and they do make questionable choices, but they have just confirmed support is coming, so I'm not sure what the big problem is. The test PR is bad, but I'm not sure why people should fall for it, since the games were going to come once they realized the sales potential of the console. People should buy the games they want, period, not feel the need of appeasing for any company. I'm not defending Capcom's PR, I'm just saying.

You say Namco, which has only released Namco Museum and a Ben10 game on Switch afaik. They also say support is coming for 2018. And that's fine and dandy, it's all about waiting now. Should we actively hate Namco because they demanded fans to go to social media if they wanted a game that supposedly was going to release on Nintendo but never did, at the same time that they have released Get Even, Naruto, Tales of Berseria, Yomawari, Tekken 7 and some other games through 2017 but ignoring Switch entirely, or is the misplaced anger only reserved for Capcom? You seem fine with Namco, to be honest.

Wright said:
Miyamotoo said:

Consumer doesn't really care whether someone is under NDA or not. Even if it was because of Nintendo, that doesn't make anyone less wary. It's not unlike a review embargo that takes place after the game has released. There's still chances the game does awesome critically, but people is still skeptical because of the nature of it; especially in the case of someone like Bethesda, who has neglected Nintendo throughout the years and really didn't have a reason not to put Skyrim on WiiU.

Skyrim remaster is a remaster of a 2011 game. I'm not sure what point can be argued here that people are hyped for a game that originally released in 2011; if anything, the remaster is not AAA since the effort poured into it was much less than creating the game itself. But that's what you're accounting for, the game itself, which indeed is from six years ago.

And like I said on the other post, Bethesda is praised because the games are there now. Bethesda sure wasn't praised prior to Switch, and they definitively weren't praised during the NDA act, which further tells that people don't care as long as the games are coming. Now you have Capcom saying the games will come next year. I'm not sure what else is needed, but certainly avocate for Capcom's failure isn't a good way to act I'd say, which is the misplaced anger I'm talking about. Might as well avocate for Bethesda's failure since they don't deserve support considering all those years of nothing on Nintendo consoles. Well, aside from that amazing racing game everyone loved.

My point was clear, Bethesda couldn't talk before about games they had  because they were under NDA.

Skyrim for Switch is Skyrim Remaster thats launched last year, not Skyrim from 2011.

Ofcourse they were not praised during NDA, but they got huge praise moment they announced two more big AAA games for Switch, compared to Capcom that did not announce nothing specific except Ace Attorney that of course it's not AAA game, if Capcom actually announced RE7 it would also get some praise, so you obviously have two totally different situations. Capcom mostly get anger of fans because they didn't announce some games that would obviously be great fit for Switch, like MegaMan Collection, Disney Afternoon Collection and Okami HD. Point that Bethesda didn't support past Nintendo systems is totally irrelevant, it's important they supporting Switch now.

In any case, Capcom will get more and more praise, how they anancing more and more games.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 November 2017

Wright said:

Bethesda might not be EA, but do you truly believe WiiU couldn't run Skyrim? Or was that Bethesda giving excuses not to support Nintendo? They aren't really all that straight talking. They are now, because they see the potential, the money.

I'm not knocking Bethesda. I like them, and I play their games regulary. It's just weird to taste all this love for them when they clearly haven't done much to prove themselves so far, outside three games announced (which seems to be good enough). It clearly points that people really, really don't care about a developer's past history as long as the present have them supporting the product. Capcom is in shambles, and they do make questionable choices, but they have just confirmed support is coming, so I'm not sure what the big problem is. The test PR is bad, but I'm not sure why people should fall for it, since the games were going to come once they realized the sales potential of the console. People should buy the games they want, period, not feel the need of appeasing for any company. I'm not defending Capcom's PR, I'm just saying.

You say Namco, which has only released Namco Museum and a Ben10 game on Switch afaik. They also say support is coming for 2018. And that's fine and dandy, it's all about waiting now. Should we actively hate Namco because they demanded fans to go to social media if they wanted a game that supposedly was going to release on Nintendo but never did, at the same time that they have released Get Even, Naruto, Tales of Berseria, Yomawari, Tekken 7 and some other games through 2017 but ignoring Switch entirely, or is the misplaced anger only reserved for Capcom? You seem fine with Namco, to be honest.

They've always been straight talking even when the Wii was setting the world alight they said they had no plans for it where you're getting this revisionist view from is beyond me, Wii U could run Skyrim but Bethesda had no plans for the platform to begin with not hard to fathom.

They have done something to try and prove themselves they've taken 3 recent AAA title release which weren't originally conceived for the Switch and have made an effort to bring them over with a solid conversion mean while Capcom are only just deciding to get their act together. You know what PR stands for? Public Relations if your PR is bad you're going to get negative reactions not hard to understand and if you have bad PR along with mediocre efforts you're going to get lit up by consumers.

No dude Namco when the Switch was unveiled confirmed a main line Tales game and have released Xenoverse 2 on the platform just last month and have announced 3 more titles are on the way they were far more committed to the platform than you're trying to twist and far more involved in a serious effort than Capcom. Fact is Capcom made their bed and if you have a problem with people highlighting that too bad because it doesn't change the situation even if it makes you lose sleep at night.

Wyrdness said:

They've always been straight talking even when the Wii was setting the world alight they said they had no plans for it where you're getting this revisionist view from is beyond me, Wii U could run Skyrim but Bethesda had no plans for the platform to begin with not hard to fathom.

They have done something to try and prove themselves they've taken 3 recent AAA title release which weren't originally conceived for the Switch and have made an effort to bring them over with a solid conversion mean while Capcom are only just deciding to get their act together. You know what PR stands for? Public Relations if your PR is bad you're going to get negative reactions not hard to understand and if you have bad PR along with mediocre efforts you're going to get lit up by consumers.

No dude Namco when the Switch was unveiled confirmed a main line Tales game and have released Xenoverse 2 on the platform just last month and have announced 3 more titles are on the way they were far more committed to the platform than you're trying to twist and far more involved in a serious effort than Capcom. Fact is Capcom made their bed and if you have a problem with people highlighting that too bad because it doesn't change the situation even if it makes you lose sleep at night.

Dude, revisionist history? I've done nothing but post sources all this way through. It's not my fault if you willingly choose to ignore them.

So let's go back to that straight talk you claim from Bethesda. There was a point where they actually said Skyrim on WiiU was a possibility (click on the link, otherwise it might seem like I'm doing revisionist history out of nowhere). Surprise, apparently there were a remote idea of it being there on WiiU, from the mouth of Pete Hines itself. But then, none of that possibility ever came true, with Pete Hines himself, again, disproving the claims and blaming it on WiiU's hardware.

Here's an actual quote from Bethesda VP:

None of the game's we've announced are being developed for the Wii U, so it's guaranteed that none of those games are coming to Wii U," Bethesda VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines told us at QuakeCon, with regards to The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Evil Within. "Will any future ones come out? I can't say for sure, in our near-term focus it's not on our radar."

"It's largely a hardware thing," Hines said, explaining that Bethesda's mantra is to "make the games that we want to make, on whatever platforms will support them as developed." Giving an example, he said that The Elder Scrolls Online "likely would have" been released on Xbox 360, but that it "just wasn't possible" due to hardware limitations. Specifically referencing future announcements for the Wii U, Hines said that "it remains to be seen what the future holds."

But of course, Bethesda has chosen now to support the Switch because they see the potential. Even if they had to downgrade Doom to accomodate for Switch, they did it. None of this effort was ever seen on WiiU though, makes you wonder why.

Namco confirmed a bunch of things, sure. I'm not disclaiming that, but I've also provided you an example of Namco being a dick that you totally glossed over (I guess it's because it's not convenient to talk about it). Three more titles are coming for 2018, but also Capcom has announced that they'll bring titles in 2018, with Ace Attorney being one of them. I'm not sure what the problem remains here.

I don't lose sleep at night, thank you very much for worrying about it. I don't care much about big companies that make more money than I'll ever see in my life. I just find intriguing how easy it is to gloss over Namco's messes up even though I provided sources of them being not so good to the Switch fanbase (neglecting a game that was stipulated to come to Nintendo consoles and forcing their fanbase to make echoes for it to happen, and not porting the huge amount of games they've released this year). Priorities, I suppose.

Well, Wright makes a good point here. The message in the OP should be appreciated by us fans if we want to be consistent.