Super Mario 3D Land 5 0.98%

Super Mario 3D World 28 5.51%

Super Mario Odyssey 133 26.18%

Who care's they all amazing! 69 13.58%

None/Other 12 2.36%

Total:508
KLXVER said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

What exactly do you do when you "blast off"? That's right muchacho... you waggle the FUCK out of that Wii-mote. And let's not even get into the wonderfully un-1:1 fun that is the hampster ball and wave riding levels. *shudders*

You swing your wrist once or twice to blast off. Not exactly stressful. You dont waggle on the ball or the wave levels...

I think you just hate motion controls. Thats fine, Im not a big fan myself, but Galaxy is hardly a waggle fest. Seems like you have not played many games with motion controls.

Don't you use the tilt controls for the balls and wave levels? I hated those as a kid. A big reason I never got into the Galaxy games as a child were the tilt controls. Not going to knock it against it now though.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
KLXVER said:

You swing your wrist once or twice to blast off. Not exactly stressful. You dont waggle on the ball or the wave levels...

I think you just hate motion controls. Thats fine, Im not a big fan myself, but Galaxy is hardly a waggle fest. Seems like you have not played many games with motion controls.

Don't you use the tilt controls for the balls and wave levels? I hated those as a kid. A big reason I never got into the Galaxy games as a child were the tilt controls. Not going to knock it against it now though.

Tilt controls, yes. Waggling is another beast. Very little of it in Galaxy, thank god. 

I thought the motion controls in the Galaxy games were fabulous; flicking the remote to smash an enemy or propel Mario into the air felt satisfying in a way a button press can never match.

curl-6 said:

I thought the motion controls in the Galaxy games were fabulous; flicking the remote to smash an enemy or propel Mario into the air felt satisfying in a way a button press can never match.

I agree 100%. Its one of the very few games were I think motion controls makes the game better.

AlfredoTurkey said:
KLXVER said:

Waggle fest? Come on now...

What exactly do you do when you "blast off"? That's right muchacho... you waggle the FUCK out of that Wii-mote. And let's not even get into the wonderfully un-1:1 fun that is the hampster ball and wave riding levels. *shudders*

No, you do not need to waggle the FUCK out of that Wii-mote. A tiny flick of the wrist is enough. 

If doing something as simple as that bothers you THAT much, then the problem is not the game, it's you.

Around the Network

I always loved video games. Grew up with the SNES. When I went through high school, I didn't play much (only Zelda titles really). It wasn't until I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 that I really came back to gaming.

Galaxy 2 is a masterpiece. Great graphics (especially for Wii), great platforming, great soundtrack (one of the best in gaming!).

I don't think a Mario title could ever top my experience with Galaxy 2. One of the best games ever made!

That said. Every 3D Mario game I've played have all been phenomenal (yes, even Sunshine and 3D Land/World).

Odyssey though, is easily game of the year for me!

1doesnotsimply

So far Mario 64 by a long margin. I have yet to play Odyssey.

Odyssey is my favourite, a truly wonderful game. I would put Sunshine in 2nd place and 3D World making up my top 3.

If we're factoring the multiplayer, 3D World is up there with the best of them. As a whole though, Mario 64 is still near and dear to my heart, partly because of nastalgia maybe, but also because it's simply the most fun and provided the biggest sense of wonder I've had playing through out of any of them.

Though Odyssey is winning me over more and more, especially now that I'm delving into New Donk, which is my favorite kingdom thus far. Love the more open world aspect of the game, and that you can grab moons on the fly without the game forcing you to restart the stage each time like 64. I also love the cool 2D throwback portions, and actually wish they had included more of them. Couple of negatives - it's still not quite as massive and open world as I envisioned, and the hat throwing/enemy controlling gimmick, while amusing, can get old and feels awkward at times. Overall though excellent game.

The Galaxy games were cool in their own way, but a bit too on the gimmicky and linear side for me. Sunshine was the most bland and least memorable. The tropical theme and setting looked pretty initially but got old fast, as did the hosing down paint concept.

Right now it's a toss up between Mario 64 and Odyssey. And 3D World gets an honorable mention if only for its enjoyable multiplayer.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Galaxy > Galaxy 2 > Odyssey > 64 > 3D World > Sunshine

I´m now on the 7th world on Odyssey and the weakest aspect of the game, as far as I´m concerned, is there´s a big lack of platforming, and many of the moons are the same in every world...there´s always a moon to be bought at the store, there´s always a captain toad to be found, there´s always a moon hidden in the ground that your ground pound move reveals, etc...as such, it doesn´t feel too rewarding collecting these...but still, the game as a whole is brilliant and even with these shortcomings I find myself having more fun with it than I did the other 3D Marios except the Galaxy ones.