Super Mario 3D Land 5 0.98%

Super Mario 3D World 28 5.51%

Super Mario Odyssey 133 26.18%

Who care's they all amazing! 69 13.58%

None/Other 12 2.36%

Total:508
JamesGarret said:

Galaxy > Galaxy 2 > Odyssey > 64 > 3D World > Sunshine

Nearly identical to mine. Just switch the last two.

Around the Network

Sunshine, then Odyssey.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

guiduc said:

Galaxy is still my favorite at this time. Odyssey comes third, after 64. Odyssey's worlds feel too small (akin to 64's worlds but with 10 times the number of moons) and a lot of moons are just fillers. Back in the day it was such a challenge to get only one of the stars and it felt way more rewarding.

Odyssey's worlds are 1,000 times bigger than 64. Also, most of 64's stars are not hard to get.

Last edited by Rocketjay8 - on 03 November 2017

It seems like the two Galaxy games always split votes with each other, and that goes for anytime they're on any kind of "best" list. If Galaxy 2 had never happened to steal some of its thunder, I bet SMG would come out on top all the time on these polls/lists.

Odyssey is a masterpiece, and not because it has the best of any one quality, more so because it doesn't have any flaws. 64 had a horrible controller and terrible camera. Galaxys had wii mote controls which don't hold up well over time on this type of game, making them unejoyable for me to even play now. 3d land and world were amazing, but very simplistic and catering towards the casual crowd. Odyssey isn't the best because it has the best level design, music, transitions, plot, or any other reason; it is the best because it just has no flaws.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Odyssey is a masterpiece, and not because it has the best of any one quality, more so because it doesn't have any flaws. 64 had a horrible controller and terrible camera. Galaxys had wii mote controls which don't hold up well over time on this type of game, making them unejoyable for me to even play now. 3d land and world were amazing, but very simplistic and catering towards the casual crowd. Odyssey isn't the best because it has the best level design, music, transitions, plot, or any other reason; it is the best because it just has no flaws.

I am only 8 kingdoms in, but while I haven't found any serious flaws in Odyssey, it's soundtrack isn't in the same league as the Galaxy games. Galaxy 1 is the game I would pick as the most flawless of the bunch.

The more I play Odyssey, the more I realize how remarkable and masterful the Galaxy games are . I mean Odyssey is a fantastic game, no doubt, and yet it still in no way tops the Galaxy games for me. Those games are just THAT good. I really don't think the genre will ever top them.

Dulfite said:

3D World, catering towards the casual crowd compared to Odyssey? I'll take it you mean that because of the difficulty? If so, the last few bonus worlds would like to have a word with you. Especially Crown and its Champion's Road. 

And Odyssey is said to be quite on the easy side. Perfect for the casual crowd you speak of.

With all that being said, Mario games have always appealed to the casual crowd in the first place. 

As for the "no flaws" part, let's talk about the game's merit once the launch hype has settled down.

Last edited by Hynad - on 03 November 2017

curl-6 said:
Dulfite said:

I am only 8 kingdoms in, but while I haven't found any serious flaws in Odyssey, it's soundtrack isn't in the same league as the Galaxy games. Galaxy 1 is the game I would pick as the most flawless of the bunch.

To be honest I think it's impossible to top the Galaxy games soundtrack. But the end song and Jump Up Superstar in Odyssey are both in the same league as Galaxy.

Dulfite said:

Odyssey has NO flaws? Really? Lol