By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite 3D Mario?

Favorite 3D Mario?

Super Mario 64 91 17.91%

Super Mario Sunshine 33 6.50%

Super Mario Galaxy 80 15.75%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 57 11.22%

Super Mario 3D Land 5 0.98%

Super Mario 3D World 28 5.51%

Super Mario Odyssey 133 26.18%

Who care's they all amazing! 69 13.58%

None/Other 12 2.36%

Total:508

None.

Around the Network

Okay, having finished the main story (but not the post-game Kingdoms) of Odyssey, my rankings are currently:

Galaxy > Galaxy 2 > Odyssey > 64 >>> 3D World > Sunshine

Odyssey was absolutely amazing, outstanding in virtually every department from level design to graphics. It looks and plays like an absolute dream, and if it wasn't for Breath of the Wild, I'd say it was the best game I've played since Bayonetta 2 in back in 2014. My only niggles were that some Kingdoms felt a bit underdeveloped (Lake, surface of the moon) and they really should have mapped the hat spin to X.

On the whole though, while it didn't wow me quite as much as the Galaxy games did, it's still easily makes my all time top 20.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 November 2017

curl-6 said:

Okay, having finished the main story (but not the post-game Kingdoms) of Odyssey, my rankings are currently:

Odyssey was absolutely amazing, outstanding in virtually every department from level design to graphics. It looks and plays like an absolute dream, and if it wasn't for Breath of the Wild, I'd say it was the best game I've played since Bayonetta 2 in back in 2014. My only niggles were that some Kingdoms felt a bit underdeveloped (Lake, surface of the moon) and they really should have mapped the hat spin to X.

On the whole though, while it didn't wow me quite as much as the Galaxy games did, it's still easily makes my all time top 20 best games.

I know this is an odd question, but what Zelda games beat Odyssey for you?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

On the whole though, while it didn't wow me quite as much as the Galaxy games did, it's still easily makes my all time top 20 best games.

Only Ocarina and Breath of the Wild.

curl-6 said:

I'm going to assume you forgot Majora's Mask? Although I don't know how you could!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'm going to assume you forgot Majora's Mask? Although I don't know how you could!

I have a confession to make; I could never get into Majora's Mask, since its central premise is one of time management, which really stresses me out. I play games to relax so I can't really cope well with games like Majora or Pikmin that put me under constant time pressure.

curl-6 said:

I have a confession to make; I could never get into Majora's Mask, since its central premise is one of time management, which really stresses me out. I play games to relax so I can't really cope well with games like Majora or Pikmin that put me under constant time pressure.

( It's ok ;) )