By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA is not committed to Switch, they don't understand the Switch market yet.

only ea games i play are mass effect and it seems that series will be no more so meh. tho Im sure others will be disappointed

Around the Network

Of course they don't understand it. They never have understood Nintendo. And not many businesses do. But the ones that do understand them reap the rewards. That's why I'm sure as hell some indie developers are making greater profits on their software than EA.

OTBWY said:
EA is just a terrible company. They won't change, ever.

The only games I cared about, were the Mass Effect games, but seeing how Bioware has died a death I no longer have any connection to anything EA. Battlefront 1 was fun though.

The worst part is, Bioware isn't dead. They are a cow, on life support, that is connected to some machine forcing out every last ounce of milk it has, regardless of how bad that milk is because all the vital organs of the cow are dying. They just need to put it out of its misery. 

Ahem....i've known EA since I was a young lad. Please let me translate this...

EA not understanding the switch= I cannot find a way to beat Nintendo games in quality and nickel and dime their customers on an annual basis. If I cannot, I am at a intellectual and functional crossroads. :)

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 01 November 2017

A business attempting to gauge a market before jumping in?

That's just awful. How dare they.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA not understand the switch= I cannot find a way to beat Nintendo games in quality and nickel and dime their customers on an annual basis. If I cannot, I am at a intellectual and functional crossroads. :)

Same with them and Sony though. The quality of Sony games are way superior to EA.

EA only made Fifa due to contract. They never had plans beyond that title.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

KLXVER said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA not understand the switch= I cannot find a way to beat Nintendo games in quality and nickel and dime their customers on an annual basis. If I cannot, I am at a intellectual and functional crossroads. :)

Same with them and Sony though. The quality of Sony games are way superior to EA.

Yep. Console first party should always have titles meant to draw people to their console if they want longeivty. Why do you think EA tried to copy God of War and Uncharted with Dantes Inferno and Star Wars 1313?  This iss why Sony, Nintendo and their first party are pivotal to the industry. They both learn from third party too so its a reciprocal thing. They just make their games with a unique flare.

Oh EA hehe..

They dont understand making games in the first place.

And the great games they have, they will probably kill. Wouldnt be surprised if they terminated the Titanfall franchise since it didnt perform as they expected.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
EA only made Fifa due to contract. They never had plans beyond that title.

They do have another game coming though. Fe, developed by Zoink. Probably Zoink that really wanted it on the Switch though..

pokoko said:
A business attempting to gauge a market before jumping in?

That's just awful. How dare they.

They are all about numbers. If the numbers are a bit off, they panic.

Bethesda is a great example of how to do it. Port some games and see how they do. Im sure Skyrim will do well. Doom might be a minor success. The port of Wolfenstein 2 is a bit beyond me tbh. I just dont see that doing well at all.