By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA is not committed to Switch, they don't understand the Switch market yet.

What a surprise.

Around the Network

I dont buy EA games so this doesn't bother me.

Besides, if EA doesn't want to support then it's their loss and they wont be making any money.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
EA only made Fifa due to contract. They never had plans beyond that title.

Not that I don't believe it but what contract?

Can someone put EA out of its misery, please? Better companies have closed whilst EA is still standing and killing all its surroundings with its reverse Midas touch.

guiduc said:
Can someone put EA out of its misery, please? Better companies have closed whilst EA is still standing and killing all its surroundings with its reverse Midas touch.

Microsoft and Activision both work by the same creative logic as EA, which is business first, creativity second. The only reason EA have any creative credibility is because they bought DICE, Bioware and well...they had Visceral (Much in the vein of Microsoft owning the Halo and Gears IP, As Activision with Infinity Ward) They arent even the best at making Sports games and this is where I think they and Microsoft paralel. They make killer simulations that you can mik on a yearly basis. The problem with Microsoft is its only one sim franchise in that genre that they have to milk.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 01 November 2017

Around the Network

Oh my God who the hell cares? EA is total trash, garbage even.

I'd go as far as to call them nothing more than Cabbage Muff. Their games are nothing more than pathetic attempts to take every dime from you. Not to mention they release incomplete games and close studios with potential.

Stay away EA, we don't like you.

What's there to judge? The system is selling, software is selling, other third parties are happy.

Why can't E.A be happy?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

EA is a true triple-A company, meaning the potential of nickel-and-dimeing customers is what matters first and foremost. Until they see that the potential is there and enough Switch owners are willing to bend over for that kind of business model they're not going to be onboard.

I hope they will at least bring some annual Fifa game to the Switch, because without Fifa, Switch will be mostly dead in Europe. If it wasn't for this I'd wish they rot in hell for all their business practices and studio killing like they deserve.

KrspaceT said:
What's there to judge? The system is selling, software is selling, other third parties are happy.

Why can't E.A be happy?

Indies are selling better than EA games on the Switch. The suits dont get it. The Switch is a place where creative entities make games  thatcan thrive as long as they are interesting.