By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA is not committed to Switch, they don't understand the Switch market yet.

Conina said:
animegaming said:
Here's a thought, Why is Fifa a test? Most of its popularity is in Europe which is Nintendo's weakest territory by far. Hell I get the feeling that port of The Sims 4 coming out next week would of done better if it was on the Switch instead of Fifa.

FIFA is by far their strongest IP worldwide. What would you have chosen? Madden NFL?

Probably shouldn't have just done a single game, a gimped one at that.

Take-Two is releasing NBA, WWE & L.A. Noire

Bethesda is releasing Doom, Skyrim & Wolfenstein

Those two publishers which have pretty much ignored Nintendo in the past are releasing 3 games each within the span of a few months and thus far we have not heard of any of them being gimped.

There is no reason why EA couldnt have released 2-3 quality games on Switch this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Conina said:

FIFA is by far their strongest IP worldwide. What would you have chosen? Madden NFL?

Probably shouldn't have just done a single game, a gimped one at that.

Take-Two is releasing NBA, WWE & L.A. Noire

Bethesda is releasing Doom, Skyrim & Wolfenstein

Those two publishers which have pretty much ignored Nintendo in the past are releasing 3 games each within the span of a few months and thus far we have not heard of any of them being gimped.

There is no reason why EA couldnt have released 2-3 quality games on Switch this year.

Tis the biggest flaw in the reasoning: does E.A have 2-3 quality games to put on the Switch?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Mr Puggsly said:

Wii and 3DS both thrived with audiences looking for something different than Sony or MS are offering. I think Switch will much of the same.

Although, Switch will appeal to a bigger core audience than Wii and 3DS simply because it can easily handle notable games of the 7th gen and maybe random risks like Doom. But it won't get the core appeal of Xbox or PlayStation given Switch won't get the same support and the specs are so low.

People buying the Switch aren't looking for something different they're buying the Switch because it offers the type of gaming they like only more tailored to their gaming habits, these are people who may travel a lot or have a specific schedule to the point gaming on your usual platforms isn't as frequent or easy. I think you're mixing up parallels here the Switch isn't a blue or red ocean where it was new gamers strat it's just tackling the whole current market from a new angle that hadn't been approached yet with a product that is appealing and executed well.

The Switch can easily get the same core appeal you know why? Because like every other platform from Nintendo that was portable it will have games specific to its library that make up for the games it doesn't get such as SE planning mid range titles for it and so on.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 13 November 2017

Given recent news it seems EA doesn't understand much of fucking anything.

NATO said:
Given recent news it seems EA doesn't understand much of fucking anything.

If all their future games are just going to be gacha games with a $60 entry fee then I don't want EA putting anything on the Switch.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wii and 3DS both thrived with audiences looking for something different than Sony or MS are offering. I think Switch will much of the same.

Although, Switch will appeal to a bigger core audience than Wii and 3DS simply because it can easily handle notable games of the 7th gen and maybe random risks like Doom. But it won't get the core appeal of Xbox or PlayStation given Switch won't get the same support and the specs are so low.

People buying the Switch aren't looking for something different they're buying the Switch because it offers the type of gaming they like only more tailored to their gaming habits, these are people who may travel a lot or have a specific schedule to the point gaming on your usual platforms isn't as frequent or easy. I think you're mixing up parallels here the Switch isn't a blue or red ocean where it was new gamers strat it's just tackling the whole current market from a new angle that hadn't been approached yet with a product that is appealing and executed well.

The Switch can easily get the same core appeal you know why? Because like every other platform from Nintendo that was portable it will have games specific to its library that make up for the games it doesn't get such as SE planning mid range titles for it and so on.

I keep going in circles with you people and we keep coming to the same conclusion.

People on Nintendo and portable devices aren't that interested in the same experiences popular on Xbox and PlayStation.

I think there is potential for core games to do well on Switch (be profitable), but generally not at the same level as X1 and PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I keep going in circles with you people and we keep coming to the same conclusion.

People on Nintendo and portable devices aren't that interested in the same experiences popular on Xbox and PlayStation.

I think there is potential for core games to do well on Switch (be profitable), but generally not at the same level as X1 and PS4.

They're not as interested in games like COD for example but actual core experiences they are interested in with in the library which is different from what you're trying to say for example Zelda is a core game experience as is Odyssey, Doom, L.A. N and various indies.

Experiences is not the same as specific games.

Wyrdness said:
Mr Puggsly said:

They're not as interested in games like COD for example but actual core experiences they are interested in with in the library which is different from what you're trying to say for example Zelda is a core game experience as is Odyssey, Doom, L.A. N and various indies.

Experiences is not the same as specific games.

Right, so you agree the Switch audience is not as interested in the same popular core titles found on X1 and PS4. That's all I'm pointing out. I mean it would be nice to see some of that on Switch, but its unlikely it will thrive for various reasons.

I think Skyrim can do well on Switch. Maybe Doom and LA Noire can do okay, we can only guess right now. Basically I think there is potential for profit but I don't think its gonna be significant.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Wyrdness said:

What do you mean "you people".......?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.