By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA is not committed to Switch, they don't understand the Switch market yet.

Despite what people think about EA or Switch user base game choices, games like NBA Live, Need For Speed, Plants vs Zombies, SimCity, Madden, NHL, UFC...would be good fit for Switch beacuse those are all games with mass apeling on evry platform.
Switch doenst need those games, but definatly would be better for Switch to have them, and EA could probably earn profit on evre each port of those games for Switch.

At end of course there will be more EA games for Switch, Fifa 17 definitely isn't first and last EA Switch game.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 06 November 2017

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again, it sound like you're just upset Switch isn't getting the support you want from EA.

If NIntendo owners want creative games, that's absolutely fine. Those kind of experiences are what Nintendo creates and has generally worked out well for them.

EA on the otherhand has found great success creating the types of experiences you seem to be critical of. Meanwhile those types of games are doing well on Playstation, Xbox, PC, and mobile devices. Essentially the only mainstream outlier is Nintendo.

If EA isn't gonna take advantage of the Switch audience, its their loss right? Either way, I think they're doing fine not worrying about the Switch audience as well. So just be glad if they give Switch any support and even a game like Fifa adds variety to Switch's overall modest library.

You're sending mixed signals. Either you want them to succeed on the Switch or you don't. Also, what experiences am I being critical of? I said they excel at sims and Dice and Bioware will do the rest of the work because EA as a publisher isnt very creative. Anyone can have a chance to step outside of the box.

Do you mean to tell me that only Nintendo is capable of creating creative games? You must've missed out on the DS or the Wii. Ubisoft has found a spot with in the hearts of Nintendo gamers with Mario + Rabbids and Just Dance, while Square Enix has found many games in the traditional Final Fantasy tactics and Bravely Default games over the years. 

If EA cannot figure out the Nintendo audience, its obviously means its their own problem. Nintendo is not a mainstream outlier, which is why Doom, Rocketleague are coming over. If the game can work than port something that works. As I said, Plants vs Zombies is the perfect test game for the Nintendo crowd. 

I

If Doom and Wolfenstein don't do well, expect Bethesda to give up. Same with other third parties.  As you said, PvZ would probably do well.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I still don't get why EA didn't bring Plants vs Zombies to the console, considering that Splatoon's success proved that Switch users can make cartoony unorthodox shooters successful. No sense at all.

Exactly. Its amazing that you can see that and Mr. Pugglsy can't. The game is right up their alley. All it needs is a slight downgrade and it will look nice with the 720p screen on the go.

I chuckled when I read this. I didn't give you my thoughts on that.

Of all the games EA has released in recent years, that seems like a perfect fit for Switch. I'm guessing the issue might be they have no interest of putting the Frostbite engine on Switch? I find that odd because that seems like a necessary move if they're ever gonna get serious about Switch support.

If there is a PvZ GW3 in the works, it would be odd if that skips Switch. At the very least they could use some other engine I suppose.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again, it sound like you're just upset Switch isn't getting the support you want from EA.

If NIntendo owners want creative games, that's absolutely fine. Those kind of experiences are what Nintendo creates and has generally worked out well for them.

EA on the otherhand has found great success creating the types of experiences you seem to be critical of. Meanwhile those types of games are doing well on Playstation, Xbox, PC, and mobile devices. Essentially the only mainstream outlier is Nintendo.

If EA isn't gonna take advantage of the Switch audience, its their loss right? Either way, I think they're doing fine not worrying about the Switch audience as well. So just be glad if they give Switch any support and even a game like Fifa adds variety to Switch's overall modest library.

You're sending mixed signals. Either you want them to succeed on the Switch or you don't. Also, what experiences am I being critical of? I said they excel at sims and Dice and Bioware will do the rest of the work because EA as a publisher isnt very creative. Anyone can have a chance to step outside of the box.

Do you mean to tell me that only Nintendo is capable of creating creative games? You must've missed out on the DS or the Wii. Ubisoft has found a spot with in the hearts of Nintendo gamers with Mario + Rabbids and Just Dance, while Square Enix has found many games in the traditional Final Fantasy tactics and Bravely Default games over the years. 

If EA cannot figure out the Nintendo audience, its obviously means its their own problem. Nintendo is not a mainstream outlier, which is why Doom, Rocketleague are coming over. If the game can work than port something that works. As I said, Plants vs Zombies is the perfect test game for the Nintendo crowd. 

I don't really care if EA succeeds on Switch, its just not my concern. However, I don't think EA makes a lot of content that could thrive on Switch.

If EA was interested in creating the "creative" experiences you want I'm sure they could find the talent for that. But its probably a risky endeaver they aren't interested in and they already do well with their current sytle of games. But those games don't have much of an audience on Switch.

I think what's happening here is you're bitter that EA has a lot of money and they aren't investing it in games Switch owners want.

Rocketleague is the type of game that seems viable on a Nintedo platform. Doom and Wolfenstein are really Bethesda testing the platform.

You seem to think Nintendo being an outlier is some sort of insult to the audience and platform. Yet you admit taste of Nintendo users is different than other platforms. Hence, you agree its an outlier.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I don't really care if EA succeeds on Switch, its just not my concern. However, I don't think EA makes a lot of content that could thrive on Switch.

If EA was interested in creating the "creative" experiences you want I'm sure they could find the talent for that. But its probably a risky endeaver they aren't interested in and they already do well with their current sytle of games. But those games don't have much of an audience on Switch.

I think what's happening here is you're bitter that EA has a lot of money and they aren't investing it in games Switch owners want.

Rocketleague is the type of game that seems viable on a Nintedo platform. Doom and Wolfenstein are really Bethesda testing the platform.

You seem to think Nintendo being an outlier is some sort of insult to the audience and platform. Yet you admit taste of Nintendo users is different than other platforms. Hence, you agree its an outlier.

This is the root of the problem here. Outside of EA Sports, EA doesn't really have an active IP that fits on the Switch, or at the very least, people's idea of the Switch's audience. They could make a profit on the Switch, but I don't think they consider the time and efford needed to port their big games that much worth because they wouldn't get major profits from it (if Bethesda could fit Skyrim and Doom, EA could fit Battlefield or the Dead Space trilogy). And if they bring some of their smaller IPs to better catter to the Switch audience, the returns wouldn't be that great because they are smaller IPs that don't attract that many customers.

EA's bussiness strategy has been, for the last couple of years, making big games easy to port to everything they can, with smaler projects sprinkled out win between probably just for PR reasons. They won't dedicate time for the Switch because they can't apply that instant-massive success formula to the Switch, due to how different it is, both in power, architecture and userbase.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Mr Puggsly said:

This is the root of the problem here. Outside of EA Sports, EA doesn't really have an active IP that fits on the Switch, or at the very least, people's idea of the Switch's audience. They could make a profit on the Switch, but I don't think they consider the time and efford needed to port their big games that much worth because they wouldn't get major profits from it (if Bethesda could fit Skyrim and Doom, EA could fit Battlefield or the Dead Space trilogy). And if they bring some of their smaller IPs to better catter to the Switch audience, the returns wouldn't be that great because they are smaller IPs that don't attract that many customers.

EA's bussiness strategy has been, for the last couple of years, making big games easy to port to everything they can, with smaler projects sprinkled out win between probably just for PR reasons. They won't dedicate time for the Switch because they can't apply that instant-massive success formula to the Switch, due to how different it is, both in power, architecture and userbase.

Right, EA doesn't make a lot of moves for small gains per se.

I always take Call of Duty on Wii and Wii U into consideration. That's one of the most popular IPs on Xbox and Playstation, but it never did anywhere near as well on Nintendo platforms. There was a period it sold millions on Wii, but declined with each release until it only sold a few hundred thousand on Wii U.

I think some core EA titles could be profitable on Switch, I just don't think the incentive is that significant. Unless Switch is the platform that breaks trends and does really well with core games.

Recently Completed

Now that Take Two is whipping EA's fanny it will be interesting to see how they change things. EA is digging themselves a deep hole.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo is making the moves. Their fans need to support the games they desire. its all on the fans and third party now. Nintendo has done their part.  Whether you like their platform or not has nothing to do with it. Businesses want to make money, so it would be in their best interest to gauge the market and put a game that would fit in on the platform.Nintendo isn't an outlier.....Nintendo verifiably won the generation before their last with the Wii. They just didn't make a console the competition could put their top tier games on. Ubisoft doesnt think.....they port. If hey cannot port...they are bewildered. Ubisoft thinks....and thus we have Mario + Rabbids. What did they say in their financial reports? Nintendo made them more money than XBox? Who would've thought that would be possible with an outlier?

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 13 November 2017

Here's a thought, Why is Fifa a test? Most of its popularity is in Europe which is Nintendo's weakest territory by far. Hell I get the feeling that port of The Sims 4 coming out next week would of done better if it was on the Switch instead of Fifa.

animegaming said:
Here's a thought, Why is Fifa a test? Most of its popularity is in Europe which is Nintendo's weakest territory by far. Hell I get the feeling that port of The Sims 4 coming out next week would of done better if it was on the Switch instead of Fifa.

FIFA is by far their strongest IP worldwide. What would you have chosen? Madden NFL?