By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Surpasses 2mil first 3 days! (Sold through)

It was actually sold out on amazon, when I made my belated purchase. It's going to arrive towards the end of this week! <3

Last edited by SuperNova - on 31 October 2017

Around the Network

I guess the sales shouldn't come as a surprise though.
Mario IS the Nintendo's #1.

I can't say i'm surprised (we already know the current NS install base is very quick to jump on new Nintendo releases, and 3D Mario is one of their biggest), but mightily impressive none the less. It should be clear sailing to 10 million.

that's what happens when you have the most powerfull Ip on the industry in a popular console.Awesome news,but i'm not surprised,really.

Zekkyou said:
I can't say i'm surprised (we already know the current NS install base is very quick to jump on new Nintendo releases, and 3D Mario is one of their biggest), but mightily impressive none the less. It should be clear sailing to 10 million.

Actually should be a surprised. I think super mario galaxy did around 2mil sell thru in its first month. But hey what do i kno :p

Around the Network

Awesome. I'm happy to have been one of those first day sales.

Does this make it the fastest selling Mario platformer ever? I see it outselling both Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy at any rate.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Amazing and well deserved! It's definitely the best 3D Mario game. I prefer 2D Mario usually but this game is very inviting and fast-paced and my girlfriend wants to watch me play all the time. Looks like a certain 10m seller, hopefully it can become the best selling 3D Mario of all time.

Wman1996 said:
Does this make it the fastest selling Mario platformer ever? I see it outselling both Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy at any rate.

At the end of nov we can get an idea of whatll do. If it manages 5mil sold (not shipped) by end of nov then ots doing 15mil+ lifetime