By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Surpasses 2mil first 3 days! (Sold through)

SMO is really something special. Such an amazing game, it deserves even more sells.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Nintendo estimated that the global sell-through of Super Mario Odyssey has already exceeded 2 million units in just its first 3 days.

Six Months Financial Results Briefing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-mario-odyssey-already-exceeded-2-million-units-in-just-its-first-3-days.2708/

That's what I meant with being more front-loaded... I do think that Odyssey could (or even should) be the best selling 3D mario title of all times - but it would need to sell 40 million, if legs were comparable to 3D world, 27.5 million, for 3D land, or 25 million, for the legs of Galaxy - I don't see that happening.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

That means Super Mario Odyssey has the highest first-week sales of any Mario game.

If you align all the regional launches, Super Mario Odyssey is still higher than every game except New Super Mario Bros. Wii at 2.3 million. (And Odyssey could still be higher, since the statement was that it "exceeded" 2 million. I'm not counting on this, though.)

So... best FW sales ever for a 3D Mario? :o

I hope this has the legs of a 2D Mario and end up selling 15m+.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

StarDoor said:
That means Super Mario Odyssey has the highest first-week sales of any Mario game.

If you align all the regional launches, Super Mario Odyssey is still higher than every game except New Super Mario Bros. Wii at 2.3 million. (And Odyssey could still be higher, since the statement was that it "exceeded" 2 million. I'm not counting on this, though.)

This is also only the first three days. It has four more to break 2.3.

Around the Network

The fact that Odyssey is even close to NSMBWii is mind boggling. That game was a legit phenomenon. If I remember correctly that game was the fastest selling game to hit 10 million on a single platform at the time. I now wonder if my 15 million prediction is too low. Crazy Tbone's prediction might not be a Crazy Tbone prediction.

While I do not expect Odyssey to do NSMBWii LTD numbers I do suspect it will do good enough that Nintendo will only make sandbox Marios.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:

Definitely, it could be 7-8 million shipped+sold by the end of the year.

Zelda shipped almost 1mil last quarter. Switch gonna ship a ton this holiday and zelda gonna follow. Zelda wiiu probably finish with 1.5mil by years end (1.08mil was first month). 

LoZ floor is 7.5mil by years end. Lets go woth 8.5mil-10mil by years end :p

That's too crazy, T-Bone! xD I expect shipments for Zelda to be up as well, but not bu THAT much! Something like 1.5m this quarter is probably more realistic, so that would put Switch version at 6.2m + 1.5m (Wii U version) = 7.7m. That's my prediction, something around 8m combined. All things considered, BotW can match/surpass TP (combined) on its first 12 months on the market... that's simply absurd.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Mean while its direct competitor Knack 2 sold 60k..
Haha just teasing.
Good on Mario. Love the game. Going to be a toss up between Zelda and Mario for my GOTY. I didn't think anything any game could come close to Zelda this year and Nintendo does it again.

Amazing numbers for an amazing game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo is a on roll now, software wise... Sooo hoping Xenoblade does 1 mill even if lifetime...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064