By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Surpasses 2mil first 3 days! (Sold through)

Jranation said:
These Amazing news for Nintendo just keeps on going and going! Where the haterzzzzzz?

Lying dormant until bad Nintendo news hits.  They have the "Nintendo should go 3rd party" posts ready to go at a moment's notice.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
newwil7l said:
Is this the fastest selling Mario game yet?

For a 3D Mario it definitely seems likely, but not overall. NSMBWii sold over 2 million FW when launches are aligned, for instance.

Considering NSMBW was on a 60 million install base when it released during the midst of the holiday shopping season.....

NoirSon said:
I am one of the lucky few and I am not going to lie... that Jump Up Superstar theme sold me on the game.

Seriously, same here! What an awesome commercial!

newwil7l said:

Considering NSMBW was on a 60 million install base when it released during the midst of the holiday shopping season.....

You didn't make any of those concessions in your original post, so it still stands. Though, it does make SMO look even more impressive when taking that into account.

Slarvax said:

Looks like I'll be losing this one, probabaly... will be pretty damn close, though, haha!

Generally, US is just under 50%, for mario, which would likely give you the win, with digital.

However, Nostalgia's also a major seller here, particularly for the Sandbox titles Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine, where the US actually represented well over 50% of sales, over 60%, for Sunshine. Purely based on Amazon, it seemed like much more of a success in the US than Europe. The onenumber we do have (UK) would indicate that Europe is less represented than usual - at about 25% of the total, pretty much in the middle between Sunshine/64 (at around 20%) and Galaxy/Galaxy 2/ 3D world (30%). To note, Japan is looking to be exceptionally strong again, which could compensate Europe's deficit, and push US bellow 50% of worldwide, with rest of world.

Interestingly, mediacrate numbers can possibly tell us who won the bet. If it's over 500k, I can probably give it to you, if it's below 350k, I'd expect to win this.

Last edited by palou - on 31 October 2017

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Mindblowing numbers

That's freaking awesome. And it's truly deserved. Well done, Nintendo!

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Heck, if we count the Wii U version Zelda is likely at 6 million already.

Definitely, it could be 7-8 million shipped+sold by the end of the year.

Zelda shipped almost 1mil last quarter. Switch gonna ship a ton this holiday and zelda gonna follow. Zelda wiiu probably finish with 1.5mil by years end (1.08mil was first month). 

LoZ floor is 7.5mil by years end. Lets go woth 8.5mil-10mil by years end :p

Incredible numbers! Can't wait for tomorrow's media create!

Could hit 10m lt in its first 6 months. We'll see how much Switch sells this holiday. SMO will probably have like an 85%+ attach rate with the Switch's sold this Holiday since Switch has no other big titles releasing for the rest of the year (Xenoblade is more niche).