By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/171031_2e.pdf

So according to one of these slides, only 17% of Switch users are 18 and under in the US. I knew I was right when I speculated a while back that a good amount of the Switch's audience was going to consist of adults who could no longer play console games because of family, work and other responsibilities.  The high adult userbase in the west should also help entice a lot of western 3rd parties to support the Switch more.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 30 October 2017

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Unless they are asked about it or they feel like it's something to brag about, we're not going to hear anything about Super Mario Odyssey's performance in this meeting. This is to highlight how Nintendo did in the three months between June 30th to September 30th.
So, we'll get statements on new games and hardware released in that time such as the New 2DS XL, Splatoon 2, Mario x Rabbids, Pokken DX, and Metroid: Samus Returns. But I think Odyssey would be pressing our luck.

Welp, they felt like bragging about it.

PAOerfulone said:
PAOerfulone said:

Unless they are asked about it or they feel like it's something to brag about, we're not going to hear anything about Super Mario Odyssey's performance in this meeting. This is to highlight how Nintendo did in the three months between June 30th to September 30th.
So, we'll get statements on new games and hardware released in that time such as the New 2DS XL, Splatoon 2, Mario x Rabbids, Pokken DX, and Metroid: Samus Returns. But I think Odyssey would be pressing our luck.

Welp, they felt like bragging about it.

Over 2 Million sell-through in 3 days??? Holy Moly!!!

And with the raise to 14M Switch this financial year, they also expect over 16M Switch shipped in the first 52 Weeks.

Far out, now I'm hanging out for their January briefing to see how well Switch, Odyssey, Zelda and Splatoon 2 do over the holidays. 

Random question :

Do we know when Ubisoft will have a similar briefing ? I'd like to know about Mario + Rabbids sales...

Around the Network

BotW still the king of the console.
With Wii U numbers it may already be at 6M. Success!

On other notes, Switch forecast is up to 14m FY. Nintendo sold in these two quarters 5m~, so 9m left.
Guess they expect 7m for Q3 and 2m for Q4.

If they reach it, LTD for the Switch at March 2018 would be 16.7m. And I'm reading people around the web (not here), saying they expect Switch LTD numbers at 40m...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

What's the quarterly breakdown for switch sales per quarter since launch?

At 2.93 million, Switch shipped more in this quarter than 3DS did in any non-holiday quarter except the 3DS XL launch quarter of 9/2012, which was 3.19 million.

Also of note: At 1.16 million, Switch shipped more to the Americas in this quarter than 3DS did in any non-holiday quarter, without exception.

After 3 quarters:
GBA: 9.58M
GCN: 3.38M
DS: 6.65M
Wii: 9.27M
3DS: 6.68M
WiiU: 3.61M
Switch: 7.63M

Last edited by StarDoor - on 31 October 2017

Pavolink said:
BotW still the king of the console.
With Wii U numbers it may already be at 6M. Success!

On other notes, Switch forecast is up to 14m FY. Nintendo sold in these two quarters 5m~, so 9m left.
Guess they expect 7m for Q3 and 2m for Q4.

If they reach it, LTD for the Switch at March 2018 would be 16.7m. And I'm reading people around the web (not here), saying they expect Switch LTD numbers at 40m...

For now; it's had a good run and will top 10 million when all it said and done, but I think the throne will soon belong to Odyssey. ;)

And honestly, at this point anyone still predicting 40m lifetime for Switch is either a wishful hater or doesn't know what they're talking about.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

For now; it's had a good run and will top 10 million when all it said and done, but I think the throne will soon belong to Odyssey.

By the way, do you still think it'll hit 10 million on Switch alone? At 4.7m now I'm not so sure, though it is possible.

Yep, I think the Switch version alone will pass 10 million. It's nearly halfway there after just 7 months, and it hasn't even had a holiday season yet.