By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

Easy enough to say that Nintendo has taken one of the seats at the throne once again.

Around the Network

So much information I have to process all at once. This morning is too much. All of it is good news except for ARMS 's legs I suppose. However looking at the numbers it looks like the Switch has a shot to beat ALL 8tth generation consoles' sales. Meaning we have a great start for the next generation. I believe PS4 was around 14 million for the first FY if I remember correctly.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Splatoon 2 almost at 50% attach rate, while BotW remains over 50, so that's great

Nice to see ARMS hit a million as well, and should be able to surpass 1,2 Switch any time now

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

mZuzek said:
drake-gx said:

*graph*

Interesting to see it just below PS4 and Wii like that. I think probably the most sensible predictions for these 3 right now would be about 120m, 100m and 80m (well the Wii one isn't much of a prediction), so it lines up pretty well.

Wii and PS4 both released on the holidays, so they have that advantage. It will be more interesting and fair to compare the first 12 months of each console.

Btw, these results really surprised me. I thought Switch would be at 7m, but it's actually at 7.6m, so I guess that 10m this year is really a given at this point. Might as well reach 12m.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
How do their profits compare to last year and out of interest how do they compare to Sony's?

Sony results for the quarter arent out until tomorrow

Not the comparsion is remotely meaningful (even if you just compare gaming).  They have very different business models.

Yeah looking forward to tomorrow.  I was just curious about Nintendo vs sony

Nice numbers for the Switch. And also over 500 MillionsUS$ of profit.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Wii and PS4 both released on the holidays, so they have that advantage. It will be more interesting and fair to compare the first 12 months of each console.

Btw, these results really surprised me. I thought Switch would be at 7m, but it's actually at 7.6m, so I guess that 10m this year is really a given at this point. Might as well reach 12m.

Saying 10m this year is a given is quite an understatement actually. If it sold 2.9m last quarter, something would have to go horribly wrong for it to sell under 2.4m in the last 3 months of 2017. And by horribly wrong, I mean probably like I don't know, a meteor falling straight down on Nintendo's headquarters or something.

12m this year feels almost like a safe guess, which is insane to think about. Even I didn't see this coming and I was optimistic about the console's performance from day one (day one being October 20th last year, not March 3rd this year).

It's crazy that the Switch will sell  close to Wii U's lifetime sales in just 1 year.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Saying 10m this year is a given is quite an understatement actually. If it sold 2.9m last quarter, something would have to go horribly wrong for it to sell under 2.4m in the last 3 months of 2017. And by horribly wrong, I mean probably like I don't know, a meteor falling straight down on Nintendo's headquarters or something.

12m this year feels almost like a safe guess, which is insane to think about. Even I didn't see this coming and I was optimistic about the console's performance from day one (day one being October 20th last year, not March 3rd this year).

I know, right? It's just that there were doubters of the 10m mark like 2 months ago.

I think 12m is probably a safe guess indeed, but it's probably what Nintendo expects since they changed their numbers to 14m first year (as in, first 12 months), so that probably means they expect something like 12.5m this year + 1.5m in January/February. I think it won't go further than this due to stock as I bet it will still have stock issues this holiday.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Splatoon sales

June 30, 2015 - 1.62 million
September 30, 2015 - 2.5 million
December 31, 2015 - 4.06 million
March 31, 2016 - 4.27 million
September 30, 2017 - 4.87 million