By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

boy these numbers are weak. considering this thing is a 3ds-wii hybrid that got all their heavy hitting nostalgia ips around and shortly after lauch + a purposly created shortage to make it seem this thing is the next must have for every kiddo out there, 8 millon shipped with christmas around the corners is so meh.

- Moderated, Carl

Last edited by Carl - on 30 October 2017

Around the Network

Switch outselling Wii U's LTD total within a year is pretty much a lock now! Selling 6 million more in 4 months that include the holidays should be easy, provided Nintendo has enough Switches available.

twintail said:
How do the hardware numbers compare to the Wii and 3DS?

Wii shipped 9.72 million as of June 30, 2007

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

SpokenTruth said:
0815user said:
boy these numbers are weak. considering this thing is a 3ds-wii hybrid that got all their heavy hitting nostalgia ips around and shortly after lauch + a purposly created shortage to make it seem this thing is the next must have for every kiddo out there, 8 millon shipped with christmas around the corners is so meh.

Describes your trolling attempt very well.

so why putting in effort replying when you're sure it's trolling? maybe because you secretly know this whole thing is the definiton of a straw fire?

I think the potential for Sales numbers for up to 31/12/17 are entirely related to how many Nintendo can scrape together to ship! 18m possible if Nintendo were able to supply them! Although the sky could be the limit, in reality the total will be restrained to whatever Nintendo is able to ship. Pretty sure whatever number they can ship, they will sell. Personally, if they can manufacture and ship enough, i expect the forecast to be adjusted even farther upwards!

Around the Network
0815user said:

Say What!!!!! 

Switch Slaying brings these boys back from the bridge! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

BOTW might already reached 6 million now.

I'm so happy for Breath of the Wild.

Approaching 5 Million before Christmas? This is the road to 10 Million.

Deep inside I was thinking that the Switch already hit the 8m mark by the end of September so these numbers are a little underwhelming. On the other hand, the 3.6 software tie-in ratio for the Switch so far is very impressive and shows that the audience is very enthusiastic about buying games.

Also, ARMS....so disappointing sales-wise since I was expecting 1.7m. I really want it to succeed because the foundation is there to create a good fighting game franchise if it can sell enough to warrant a sequel. Hopefully the holiday season can bump the numbers up considerably.

wombat123 said:
Deep inside I was thinking that the Switch already hit the 8m mark by the end of September so these numbers are a little underwhelming. On the other hand, the 3.6 software tie-in ratio for the Switch so far is very impressive and shows that the audience is very enthusiastic about buying games.

Also, ARMS....so disappointing sales-wise since I was expecting 1.7m. I really want it to succeed because the foundation is there to create a good fighting game franchise if it can sell enough to warrant a sequel. Hopefully the holiday season can bump the numbers up considerably.

Arms should manage to crawl past 2 million by the end of the year. I also see it getting a reprint down the road as a Nintendo Selects title, so it'll be fine.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988