By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

Barkley said:
SuperNova said:

The values within the brackets are dollars, obviously, but the values that literally say 'million yen' behind them are in yen I'd hope.

But then the conversion is not correct. For example:

61,580 million yen = $542NOT $542 million

So there's either some zeros missing on the yen side of things or some generously added ones on the dollar side of things. :P

I think you're misunderstanding.

It's 61,580 million yen... a.k.a 61,580,000,000 yen or 61.58 Billion Yen.

Which is $542 Million.

AH it is THAT kind of comma! Ok, yeah. Over here we use dots for that kind of thing. I think comma and dot are exactly reversed here. The comma is exclusively used to indicate decimals of any given unit.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Kerotan said:
How do their profits compare to last year and out of interest how do they compare to Sony's?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/171030_4e.pdf

Gross Profit from April - September 2016 was 61,580 million yen ($541.87 million)
Gross Profit from April - Septebmer 2017 is 143,716 million yen (~$1.264 billion)

Operating Profit from April - September 2016: -5,947 million yen (loss of $52.33 million)
Operating Profit from April - September 2017: 39,961 million yen (profit of $351.63 million)

Basically, they doubled or tripled what they did last year in most areas.

Don't know about Sony though.

Good performance by them/ Thanks for the info. 

Not bad for a system dead on arrival

Pokemon Sun and Moon is showing less legs than VgChartz is showing. Mario kart just reoutsold it lol.

newwil7l said:
Pokemon Sun and Moon is showing less legs than VgChartz is showing. Mario kart just reoutsold it lol.

Perhaps VGC is trying to compensate undertracking by adding extra sales each week until they catch up to a reasonable ratio.

Around the Network

So looking through the data, it seems that ARMS legs will be small, having only sold an extra 130k this quarter(shipment, obviously).While still dissapointing compared to the other games on the Switch, Im still of the opinion that the game did very well for a new IP on a genre thats not as ppular as it once was on a system with not many systems sold as of yet.

Splatoon 2 is the biggest "surprise" here I think.Taking away what it sold in japan(roughly 1.5 million), it did around 2.1 millions around the world, and thats honestly a great number.Yes, the first game also did well overseas, but the second title seems to climbing faster the the first one, and with the Switch still supply constrained, its bound to get a huge bump in the holiday season.

Just as a side note, looking through the Wii U software numbers, I just wished that Nintendo released some damn hard numbers on XCX.Basing on VGC numbers, its very likely it reached 1 million units sold, but goddammit, I wanted a definitive answer.

And now gonna wait for the Rabbids numbers.When is the Ubisoft shareholders meeeting be?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
How do their profits compare to last year and out of interest how do they compare to Sony's?

Sony results for the quarter arent out until tomorrow

Not the comparsion is remotely meaningful (even if you just compare gaming).  They have very different business models.

Hope they also give numbers.

I wanna know what UC4, HZD, Crash are at, and Hardware totals.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 30 October 2017

That's higher than I predicted for the end of September as I had it at 7m or just under, it's outsold the Wii U's 2 year total and may outsell it it completely before March. Being the end of October now and SMO's release Switch is obviously pass 8m now heading to 9m.

BOTW with the Wii U version (2m according to this site) is at 6.7m which is 1m behind OOT's total and 2m behind TP's Total and all of this is in 7 months of NS' launch and 3.3m shy of the 10m mark which I'm sure it can hit LT.

Nautilus said:
So looking through the data, it seems that ARMS legs will be small, having only sold an extra 130k this quarter(shipment, obviously).While still dissapointing compared to the other games on the Switch, Im still of the opinion that the game did very well for a new IP on a genre thats not as ppular as it once was on a system with not many systems sold as of yet.

Splatoon 2 is the biggest "surprise" here I think.Taking away what it sold in japan(roughly 1.5 million), it did around 2.1 millions around the world, and thats honestly a great number.Yes, the first game also did well overseas, but the second title seems to climbing faster the the first one, and with the Switch still supply constrained, its bound to get a huge bump in the holiday season.

Just as a side note, looking through the Wii U software numbers, I just wished that Nintendo released some damn hard numbers on XCX.Basing on VGC numbers, its very likely it reached 1 million units sold, but goddammit, I wanted a definitive answer.

And now gonna wait for the Rabbids numbers.When is the Ubisoft shareholders meeeting be?

One thing to note about ARMS is that it launched right at the end of the quarter so a large part of that initial big shipment was likely meant to be sold in July/Aug.

Ill wait to judge its legs, i think it will pass 2 million comfortably.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:
BOTW with the Wii U version (2m according to this site) is at 6.7m which is 1m behind OOT's total and 2m behind TP's Total and all of this is in 7 months of NS' launch and 3.3m shy of the 10m mark which I'm sure it can hit LT.

Where does it say Wii U BotW sold 2m? If you're talking VGC it's at 1.1m here now. I can't find Nintendo's numbers on this anywhere, so I'm either missing something or you just got it wrong really. Still, I recall the game being at 1.08m or something way back in April I think, so probably Switch+Wii U is around or past 6m by now, which is pretty impressive. 10m for both versions seems very likely at this point.

Misread the number it's 1.1m although that's the last time it was tracked back in April for reference they have WWHD at 1.9m on VGC while the official numbers are at 2.3m so it's fair to say it's possible it's possibly sold a bit more since then.