By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

I think 12m is probably a safe guess indeed, but it's probably what Nintendo expects since they changed their numbers to 14m first year (as in, first 12 months), so that probably means they expect something like 12.5m this year + 1.5m in January/February. I think it won't go further than this due to stock as I bet it will still have stock issues this holiday.

Actually Nintendo's forecast is 14m for the fiscal year, not for the Switch's first 12 months. Since the fiscal year starts in April, it doesn't include the console's launch month, which means they expect 16m lifetime by next April.

Wow, really? I didn't notice that. Looking forward to see what numbers Switch pulls this holiday! At this rate it will win every NPD. lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I'm surprised to know he isn't alt.

BraLoD said:
Nuvendil said:

Nah, the numbers weren't measuring up so Nintendo just said "F*** it, let's just lie to our shareholders, they're down with it.  I mean, what's a felony or two among friends?"

:P

Fucking liars!

Nautilus said:

Why are you asking?

Why are you asking?

Because I wanted to know why you were asking if the Splatoon 2 numbers were right.I mean, these numbers cant get more official.Hence the asking.So I will ask you again:Why are you asking?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

Because I wanted to know why you were asking if the Splatoon 2 numbers were right.I mean, these numbers cant get more official.Hence the asking.So I will ask you again:Why are you asking?

I think you are taking it the wrong way, I never asked if the numbers where right, to begin with.

I didn't see much about the game being talked, and they release such good numbers all of a sudden, so I was surprised, and expressed it.

That's about it, it was rethorical, I'm not asking anything.

It just didnt seem that way, hence my question(And I wasnt the only one).

Nice that we clarified this misunderstanding, though I would recomend to be more clear next time!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

It just didnt seem that way, hence my question(And I wasnt the only one).

Nice that we clarified this misunderstanding, though I would recomend to be more clear next time!

I was pretty clear already. I expressed surprise on the fact, never contested its validity.

Not the first or second time Nuvendil missunderstands me, btw, not my fault xP

Dude, I was making a goof, hence the ":P" 

I could see it was a rhetorical question, but without use of italics to create the emphasis (Splatoon 2 did that well?) It looked like a matter-of-fact question and given the context, I just couldn't help myself :P

Around the Network

Splatoon 2 will surpass Original  next year .

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Splatoon 2 will surpass Original  next year .

At this rate, it could very well be happening this quarter already

Peach_buggy said:
I think the potential for Sales numbers for up to 31/12/17 are entirely related to how many Nintendo can scrape together to ship!

Pretty much. For Oct-Dec, the Switch will sell however many Nintendo can ship. I suspect we'll see worldwide shortages once again as holiday demand outstrips supply.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
BOTW might already reached 6 million now.

It mostly likely has; the Wii U version of Zelda sold 1.08 million in its first month, it's not a stretch to assume it's sold a further 220k in the following 6 months.

curl-6 said:
Peach_buggy said:
I think the potential for Sales numbers for up to 31/12/17 are entirely related to how many Nintendo can scrape together to ship!

Pretty much. For Oct-Dec, the Switch will sell however many Nintendo can ship. I suspect we'll see worldwide shortages once again as holiday demand outstrips supply.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
BOTW might already reached 6 million now.

It mostly likely has; the Wii U version of Zelda sold 1.08 million in its first month, it's not a stretch to assume it's sold a further 220k in the following 6 months.

Such a shame! The potential for so many more sales, plus upset kids (and adults!) on Christmas day.

Really amazing numbers