Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch sales prediction poll

I predict lifetime sales of...

Under 500k 91 17.53%

500k-1m 177 34.10%

1-1.5m 144 27.75%

1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

Probably no crazy numbers but I guess it would be good for the game to reach 1M (It probably won't happen close to launch though...).

Around the Network

So as of now a majority of voters, albiet a slim majority, think it will sell less than a million copies.

My prediction: More than 5 copies, less than 3 trillion copies sold

1 to 1.5 million. I think people who got into Breath of the Wild will want to pick this up as their "other open world game".

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Volterra_90 said:
ResidentToxy said:

Granted, I believe the Oblivion is the superior Elder Scrolls title and is more deserving of a re-release with updated graphics. Skyrim is by no means a bad game.

Well, it's a personal opinion, I know a lot of people love/like the game. For me, it was almost unplayable. It was bugged as hell (and an awful lot of them made me quit the game several times), gameplay is as shitty as it could be, the world is samey, I was really tired of going through the exact same snow scenarios (cities were cool though).... The best thing about it was probably that you had a lot of freedom. But that doesn't justify the rest. If there's something I hate about games is being unpolished. I'd expect more from a company like Bethesda. And I suppose that the game is now not bugged, but I played it day one and it was a living hell.

Don't expect anything from Bethesda proper. They always release broken, buggy games. Unpolished shit shows are Bethesda Softworks' MO at this point. Just be happy it didn't brick your console. Their engine needs a rewrite to fix all the broken-ness.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Around the Network

1,235,981 life time!

Switch!!!

SKMBlake said:
I don't know why but I can see Skyrim sales close to ARMS sales, the target audience seems to be the same

You are comparing two VERY, VERY different genres here my friend. I do not think that the target audience is the same for these two games. 

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

maybe 1 mill or just above, it would be more if the game wasnt already released, re-released on multiple platforms years before.

I have no interest in it for switch for myself. I already have it on about everything else.

I really wonder as to where anybody pulling numbers even close to 1mln is getting them.

It's a re-release of an ancient game with no previous following on Nintendo platforms. 600-700k, at best.