Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch sales prediction poll

I predict lifetime sales of...

Under 500k 91 17.53%

500k-1m 177 34.10%

1-1.5m 144 27.75%

1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

How much do you predict Skyrim on Switch will sell lifetime, and why?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I don't know why but I can see Skyrim sales close to ARMS sales, the target audience seems to be the same

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

500-1m

I have to imagine the people willing to re buy this game has to be decreasing by now.

1m-1.5m

Portability will give fresh incentive and Nintendo have promoted this game since the reveal.
Add Nintendo only gamers and not many RPGs on system.
Japan unfortunately don't give a damn about Skyrim so it caps there I'd say.

The quality of Skyrim speaks for itself, so 2

copies worldwide

Around the Network

Bethesda biggest problem is that they are a known PC studio, not just amongst the consoles. A ton of Nintendo gamers are also pc overlords and have probably already played Skyrim, whereas your typical playstation or xbox owner doesn't usually (in my opinion) have a beast pc, so that is the only way you'd be able to play something like Skyrim or Doom. In regards to the op, based on what I just said here, I really don't see Skyrim doing over 500k. Honestly, if it does well it will be in the 300k range.

my guess is 1-1.5 million, but probably closer to 1 million.

for the record, i played and beat skyrim twice already but i plan to pick this version up anyway.

Dulfite said:
Bethesda biggest problem is that they are a known PC studio, not just amongst the consoles. A ton of Nintendo gamers are also pc overlords and have probably already played Skyrim, whereas your typical playstation or xbox owner doesn't usually (in my opinion) have a beast pc, so that is the only way you'd be able to play something like Skyrim or Doom. In regards to the op, based on what I just said here, I really don't see Skyrim doing over 500k. Honestly, if it does well it will be in the 300k range.

Super Bomberman R is on track to pass 500k, you think Skyrim will sell less than that game? 300k seems pretty low for a crazy popular game with the novelty of being truly portable for the first time.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I think it should easily sell over 1 million on the Switch. Its a port of a game which sold 20+ millions, is very nice and has a lot of replay value. Plus was not on the Wii U.

curl-6 said:
Dulfite said:

Super Bomberman R is on track to pass 500k, you think Skyrim will sell less than that game? 300k seems pretty low for a crazy popular game with the novelty of being truly portable for the first time.

Super Bomber R was a new game. Skyrim is old. And it's been released many times before now, including with new additions. I really don't think it's going to sell great. Doom and Wolf have a better chance since they are newer games.