Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch sales prediction poll

I predict lifetime sales of...

Under 500k 91 17.53%

500k-1m 177 34.10%

1-1.5m 144 27.75%

1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

How much do you predict Skyrim on Switch will sell lifetime, and why?

Around the Network

I don't know why but I can see Skyrim sales close to ARMS sales, the target audience seems to be the same

500-1m

I have to imagine the people willing to re buy this game has to be decreasing by now.

1m-1.5m

Portability will give fresh incentive and Nintendo have promoted this game since the reveal.
Add Nintendo only gamers and not many RPGs on system.
Japan unfortunately don't give a damn about Skyrim so it caps there I'd say.

The quality of Skyrim speaks for itself, so 2

copies worldwide

Around the Network

Bethesda biggest problem is that they are a known PC studio, not just amongst the consoles. A ton of Nintendo gamers are also pc overlords and have probably already played Skyrim, whereas your typical playstation or xbox owner doesn't usually (in my opinion) have a beast pc, so that is the only way you'd be able to play something like Skyrim or Doom. In regards to the op, based on what I just said here, I really don't see Skyrim doing over 500k. Honestly, if it does well it will be in the 300k range.

my guess is 1-1.5 million, but probably closer to 1 million.

for the record, i played and beat skyrim twice already but i plan to pick this version up anyway.

Dulfite said:
Bethesda biggest problem is that they are a known PC studio, not just amongst the consoles. A ton of Nintendo gamers are also pc overlords and have probably already played Skyrim, whereas your typical playstation or xbox owner doesn't usually (in my opinion) have a beast pc, so that is the only way you'd be able to play something like Skyrim or Doom. In regards to the op, based on what I just said here, I really don't see Skyrim doing over 500k. Honestly, if it does well it will be in the 300k range.

Super Bomberman R is on track to pass 500k, you think Skyrim will sell less than that game? 300k seems pretty low for a crazy popular game with the novelty of being truly portable for the first time.

I think it should easily sell over 1 million on the Switch. Its a port of a game which sold 20+ millions, is very nice and has a lot of replay value. Plus was not on the Wii U.

curl-6 said:
Dulfite said:

Super Bomberman R is on track to pass 500k, you think Skyrim will sell less than that game? 300k seems pretty low for a crazy popular game with the novelty of being truly portable for the first time.

Super Bomber R was a new game. Skyrim is old. And it's been released many times before now, including with new additions. I really don't think it's going to sell great. Doom and Wolf have a better chance since they are newer games.