Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch sales prediction poll

I predict lifetime sales of...

Under 500k 91 17.53%

500k-1m 177 34.10%

1-1.5m 144 27.75%

1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

Anything over 1 million would be mighty impressive.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
caffeinade said:
3 - 5 million
1,000,000 - 2,000,000 by March 2018

People will have their first Skyrim experience who currently own the Switch (5 - 15% of the player base).
Plenty of people who are buying a Switch for Odyssey will pick this up too.
A decent amount of people will buy a Switch for Skyrim on the go.

The bolded makes it clear that it is a joke post.

What, they pick up a: Switch, Odyssey, BotW, Mario Kart.
They then will pick up Skyrim when it comes out, and that will do it for the year for the average consumer.

Probably about 1.45 lifetime sales

1 million at least. It's a huge game and the price will drop soon.

around 600k I guess. Assassins Creed games or COD games didnt sold well on wii/wii u as well + everybody that really cares about buying skyrim in 2017 will likely get the VR version, not the portable tablet version (for obvious reasons). I own a Switch and PSVR and no way I would consider getting the switch version.

Around the Network

I'm thinking around 1.5m~2m.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

0.9M

habam said:
around 600k I guess. Assassins Creed games or COD games didnt sold well on wii/wii u as well

4 COD games crossed the million mark on Wii. I don't think Wii U is a good point of comparison; Wii U was a flop, Switch is a success.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I'd say 500k MAXIMUM. Such an old game. Full price (here in Canada at least). I will be picking it up one day, but I doubt this will reach close to 1 million. Arkham City port on Wii U was only a year old, but with enhanced features and launched with the system, and according to this site couldn't even reach half a million.

As above; the Switch is not the Wii U.

Just realized I never actually made my own prediction: 1-1.5 million.

The strong publicity it's getting, its well known and liked brand name, the novelty of playing such a game on the go, and Botw establishing an audience that likes open world adventures will carry it passed the million mark in spite of it being an old game.

I was thinking around a million before, but with DOOM now coming a week before, probably around 750k, DOOM will steal some of its sales away.