Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch sales prediction poll

I predict lifetime sales of...

Under 500k 91 17.53%

500k-1m 177 34.10%

1-1.5m 144 27.75%

1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

My guess is 1-1.5m I think Skyrim is still popular enough to do that.

Around the Network

3 - 5 million
1,000,000 - 2,000,000 by March 2018

People will have their first Skyrim experience who currently own the Switch (5 - 15% of the player base).
Plenty of people who are buying a Switch for Odyssey will pick this up too.
A decent amount of people will buy a Switch for Skyrim on the go.

No more than 2m lifetime. The game will launch poorly due to its price (it's a full priced game that's frequently at 15€ or less everywhere else), and will improve saleswise when it starts getting discounted.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It wont sell a lot FW, but it will have great legs
just as Oblivion in the PS3

ResidentToxy said:
Volterra_90 said:
500k-1M. I mean, everybody who wanted to play Skyrim, already did. It released on everything.

Also, unpopular opinion, the game is not good at all .

Granted, I believe the Oblivion is the superior Elder Scrolls title and is more deserving of a re-release with updated graphics. Skyrim is by no means a bad game.

Well, it's a personal opinion, I know a lot of people love/like the game. For me, it was almost unplayable. It was bugged as hell (and an awful lot of them made me quit the game several times), gameplay is as shitty as it could be, the world is samey, I was really tired of going through the exact same snow scenarios (cities were cool though).... The best thing about it was probably that you had a lot of freedom. But that doesn't justify the rest. If there's something I hate about games is being unpolished. I'd expect more from a company like Bethesda. And I suppose that the game is now not bugged, but I played it day one and it was a living hell.

Around the Network

1.2 million. I think there are enough people (especially Nintendo fans) who haven't played it yet, or who want to play it again.

(I would buy it, if I didn't play the PC version already, and if I didn't hate it so much.)

Less than 500k, I imagine.

Volterra_90 said:
ResidentToxy said:

Granted, I believe the Oblivion is the superior Elder Scrolls title and is more deserving of a re-release with updated graphics. Skyrim is by no means a bad game.

Well, it's a personal opinion, I know a lot of people love/like the game. For me, it was almost unplayable. It was bugged as hell (and an awful lot of them made me quit the game several times), gameplay is as shitty as it could be, the world is samey, I was really tired of going through the exact same snow scenarios (cities were cool though).... The best thing about it was probably that you had a lot of freedom. But that doesn't justify the rest. If there's something I hate about games is being unpolished. I'd expect more from a company like Bethesda. And I suppose that the game is now not bugged, but I played it day one and it was a living hell.

I must admit, when the game first released, it was definitely rough. I did not understand the critical acclaim. If it launched in the state that the game is in now, the high acclaim would be justifiable. However, like you said, the game was incredibly unpolished and glitchy at launch.

ResidentToxy said:
Volterra_90 said:

I must admit, when the game first released, it was definitely rough. I did not understand the critical acclaim. If it launched in the state that the game is in now, the high acclaim would be justifiable. However, like you said, the game was incredibly unpolished and glitchy at launch.

Yeah, it was rough. Still, I think that the gameplay and open-world have a lot of issues. Gameplay is really clumsy. I get that it's not maybe the focus of the game, but the movements are not responsive enough. It was distracting at times. And I also think that the scenarios are far from stellar, except from the bit cities, which were really well made. Also, the main plot is really bad. But, well, I can tell that the focus of the game is not the main plot, it's the world itself. Except that the world is not well-made enough to make it worth my time XD. I still hope it sells well, because there are Bethesda franchises I enjoy and I want them to keep releasing games on the Switch. DOOM is an awesome game, at least. 

I'm betting its going to be around 1m in sales.  Its an old re released game, but its quite popular and there will be many ninty people like myself that have not played it.  I could be way low on my guess, though.  Obviously hoping for good sales to bolster continued future support.