1.5-2m 58 11.18%

Over 2m 49 9.44%

Total:519

FW 150-200k

LT 600-700k

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Xen said:
I really wonder as to where anybody pulling numbers even close to 1mln is getting them.

It's a re-release of an ancient game with no previous following on Nintendo platforms. 600-700k, at best.

It was a re-release of an ancient game when it came to PS4/Xbone as well. And no previous following on Nintendo platforms means plenty of buyers who haven't played it yet. Plus it's been quite well publicized, and it has the x factor of being a AAA open world game on the go, something that it still quite novel. Zelda being Switch's flagship killer app should also have helped attract an audience that's into this kind of thing.

I can't see it doing less than a million frankly.

Totaly agree.

Xen said:
curl-6 said:

It was a re-release of an ancient game when it came to PS4/Xbone as well. And no previous following on Nintendo platforms means plenty of buyers who haven't played it yet. Plus it's been quite well publicized, and it has the x factor of being a AAA open world game on the go, something that it still quite novel. Zelda being Switch's flagship killer app should also have helped attract an audience that's into this kind of thing.

You have some valid arguments (publicity, AAA on the go), but I still don't see any of it justifying anything near a million in sales.

You need to consider that Switch will have quite big instal base and that game will probably have good legs because arguments above.

SKMBlake said:
darkrulier said:

Im not your pal, friend, and if the target audience that you refer to here is the one that is willing to try odd games well, let me tell you that Skyrim is not an odd game at all, it is a very standard RPG game if you ask me. You are just giving me the reason here. Skyrim is not the type of game targeted to the 1,2 Switch and Arms and even Splatoon type of game audience. 

I'm not your friend, buddy. And when I said "odd" I meant "intriguing" and an open world with dragons and magic is kind of intriguing.

Our definition of target audience is biased by what we already know about gamers, but it's not all black or white. I bought Arms and Splatoon because they were odd, and I want to buy Skyrim because it's intriguing.

And it may be presumptuous to consider my own behaviour as the one of a specific audience, but I don't think my gaming habits are too specific.

If you're tired of me saying specific, I can understand.

I'm not your buddy, friend....lol, this is getting old. I think I agree with you now like you said our definition of the target audience is biased. Also, we have to take in consideration that the Switch is like what, 8 months old? and the catalog of games is still in its infancy and people are buying pretty much any game that comes out to the system and there is a huge overlap in the genres of games that people are buying. Now can we be friends, buddies, pals, amigos...  :)

I very cautiously chose 500,000-1m. Given the amount of time Skyrim has been out now and how many systems it has been on already. Having said that, I will be one of those purchasers on Switch. I actually haven't played Skyrim yet, and I purposely held off on buying the Xbox One version because the Switch announcement had been made by then.

darkrulier said:
SKMBlake said:

I'm not your friend, buddy. And when I said "odd" I meant "intriguing" and an open world with dragons and magic is kind of intriguing.

Our definition of target audience is biased by what we already know about gamers, but it's not all black or white. I bought Arms and Splatoon because they were odd, and I want to buy Skyrim because it's intriguing.

And it may be presumptuous to consider my own behaviour as the one of a specific audience, but I don't think my gaming habits are too specific.

If you're tired of me saying specific, I can understand.

I'm not your buddy, friend....lol, this is getting old. I think I agree with you now like you said our definition of the target audience is biased. Also, we have to take in consideration that the Switch is like what, 8 months old? and the catalog of games is still in its infancy and people are buying pretty much any game that comes out to the system and there is a huge overlap in the genres of games that people are buying. Now can we be friends, buddies, pals, amigos...  :)

classic

Around the Network

Can't see this doing above 300-400k tbh after the game's been killed to death with re-releases, unless the prospect of playing on the go is that good

darkrulier said:

I'm not your buddy, friend....lol, this is getting old.

Now can we be friends, buddies, pals, amigos...  :)

It's a South Park-ref, I tought you would get it.

SKMBlake said:
darkrulier said:

I'm not your buddy, friend....lol, this is getting old.

Now can we be friends, buddies, pals, amigos...  :)

It's a South Park-ref, I tought you would get it.

dang it, I'm too slow with jokes and references ...

dont usualy partake in these threads but i voted over 2m..reason? no reason just a wild guess tho i'm sure someone will use my post in the future to say ppl over estimated the game lol

Xen said:
curl-6 said:

You have some valid arguments (publicity, AAA on the go), but I still don't see any of it justifying anything near a million in sales.

The way I see it, there are simply more points in its favour than against it.

Every version of Skyrim so far has passed a million, and this one offers something unique from the rest to give it its own appeal.