By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Switch dethrone the Wii ..... on the dance floor?

Tagged games:

How well will Switch version of Just Dance 2018 do compared to the other versions?

1st - better than Wii 13 16.67%

2nd - better than WiiU 40 51.28%

3rd - better than X One 6 7.69%

not in the top 3 7 8.97%

PC version will rule everything 3 3.85%

see results 9 11.54%

Total:78
Jranation said:
Is this the first Portable Just Dance?

If you're not counting spinoffs then yes ... 

Around the Network

Wii had ~50 million female users, who are less likely to care about graphics and the latest trends. When/if they migrate, there will be social effect and the game will do well on Switch. Sometimes it seems like people only upgrade to a new system every two generations - because if you don't play that many games and don't spend much cash on games, why not keep playing your PS1 til 2005 or your NES til 1996 or your Wii til 2016? The successful systems all end up with 500 - 1500 games, its not like you can really run out of content if you have broad tastes and the costs are low enough.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Not a clue.. All I know is I'm looking forward to this coming out so I can hopefully pick up Just Dance 2017 super cheap as it'll hopefully knock its price down significantly. Had a good time playing it but I refuse to spend more than like 20 bucks on it.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

TheSource said:
Wii had ~50 million female users, who are less likely to care about graphics and the latest trends. When/if they migrate, there will be social effect and the game will do well on Switch. Sometimes it seems like people only upgrade to a new system every two generations - because if you don't play that many games and don't spend much cash on games, why not keep playing your PS1 til 2005 or your NES til 1996 or your Wii til 2016? The successful systems all end up with 500 - 1500 games, its not like you can really run out of content if you have broad tastes and the costs are low enough.

Would be a lot more than that, actually. For consoles like the Wii, the actual userbase far exceeds the level of individual ownership. Which is why you had so many more people owning DS while nearly all of them had a Wii in their hosuehold.

Just speaking for myself, my wife, and my kids (who still use it to this day), and a number of friends who may or may not own a Wii - people over to party and play games like Just Dance. The Wii was the party machine.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I love this video. If you ever thought Americans danced even worse than Easterners, watch this and you'll take it back, holy fuck!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

it will definitely challenge

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Is just dance 2k18 being released on wii too?

Yes sure, why would they drop the platform it sells best so far?

https://www.amazon.de/Just-Dance-2018-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B071K6LGMB/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507019565&sr=8-1&keywords=just+dance+2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

TheSource said:

Huh, TheSource is still alive, nice to see you posting on this forum. Feels like 2008/09 again.

The point with the female demographics is interesting. I don't have numbers, but I doubt Switch attracted that much female gamers. Will be interesting to watch how it unfolds.

Truth about the successful systems being playable years after their "death" in core-gamers viewpoint.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

This franchise is dead, Switch owners are not that into Wii-era casual gaming anyway. It's more of a core Nintendo gamer device thus far.

Considering Switch has only 3 million sellers so far......no definitely not this year.