By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

This sort of religious babble was excusable back before ignorance was a choice

Around the Network

The sun is middle aged right now. In 4 billion years it will expand into a red giant. It will be so large it will absorb Earth and Mars. The other thing is in 4.5 billion years the Andromeda galaxy will collide with the Milky Way, forming a larger singular galaxy. Yes, an asteroid could collide with Earth and end most of life on Earth. It's happened before. The thing is so much in the universe can kill us. A false vacuum is one theory about the universe. We are overdue for an ice age. The sun is overdue for a massive solar flare. Yellow Stone national park has a massive volcano readying itself to possibly go off one of these years. So large it would make Krakatoa look like popping a pimple. You also could wake up tomorrow trip and hit your head and die. So yeah a lot can kill us but honestly... stop caring so much. You can't live your life in fear like that. It won't help anything. Just live your life. Stop obsessing over BS conspiracies and end of the world BS.

pokoko said:
I mean ... the whole thing is about the Roman Empire.

I'm not really that worried about the Roman Empire.

Exactly.

Aso, what people eanted from jesus vs. what they got.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

spurgeonryan said:
SegataSanshiro said:
lol, the bible... doom and gloom been used as a tool for thousands of years to get people to join religions. Such BS.

So we blew up out of nothing trillions of years ago and eventually evolved from iguanas into people?

I think you missed a couple steps there.

"Computer: tap some plastic buttons and millions of people around the world see words appear on their glass board"

Anything sounds like bullshit if you reduce it enough. We can distinguish by looking if every single step has some logical explanation/reason behind it.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Yes, it was the ramblings of a crazy, old fundamentalist that through a bunch of predictions out in the world in the hopes that some of them would come true. In the perspective of a lot of people in the medieval times, we had a one world government in the form of the roman empire, just as big parts of asia felt the same way about the Djingis Kahn who invaded everywhere. They looked at the world from a limited perspective (from out point of view) and therefore made prediction based in the world the lived in. And visitors from space has always been a big part of folklore and predictions.

the verses become reality because the people that wrote it ( or maybe it really was a god ) had a profound understanding of human nature, they knew that at some point society would come to dismiss these core values and that chaos would come about as a result

The Revelation of John is the most fantastic part of the New Testament

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

The Revelation of John is the most fantastic part of the New Testament

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

o_O.Q said:
the verses become reality because the people that wrote it ( or maybe it really was a god ) had a profound understanding of human nature, they knew that at some point society would come to dismiss these core values and that chaos would come about as a result

Ah yes, the classic core values that we should adhere to, such as:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Deut. 22:13-21

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ ... if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you."

Matthew 10:34

34Do not assume thatI have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. - Jesus

These are the core principles that society should follow. It doesn't matter if there is no evidence for any sort of deity, we should all follow the virtues of an archaic book written in the Middle East 2,000 years or so ago.