By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

Zoombael said:
Pagan said:
Let me guess, the freemasons and the illuminatis are behind all of that right?
I am a freemason here in Switzerland. I can asure you there is no such thing.

And that's why you have Baphomet as avatar.

In all seriousness though, of course someone with wicked intentions would deny any accusations.

Not that i believe in any conspiracy theories and sich things. But i see an underlying truth in those texts.

There is a difference between studying the light bearer and worshipping him/her/it.

Around the Network

you read it here first. in some near future memes will rule this world. this collection of atheist person will cleanse this world from all religion. they will admire doge the beast, they will wear different kind of marks to represent doge the true leader of all humanity. all currencies will fail but dogecoin will prevail!!

Oh another one of these!

I thought they had ended after all the 2000, 2012, etc. duds.

ruffy37 said:
you read it here first. in some near future memes will rule this world. this collection of atheist person will cleanse this world from all religion. they will admire doge the beast, they will wear different kind of marks to represent doge the true leader of all humanity. all currencies will fail but dogecoin will prevail!!

Blasphemy! The Flying Spaghetti Monster shall devour doge. 
Repent! The Flying Spaghetti Monster was boiled for all of our sins!

Every generation has wanted to be the last and be special and unique. The Bible claims the Earth,  the solar system, the stars and the entire universe were invented by God in 7 days, only 6,000 years ago. The Bible can not be used to make future predictions. No one can see into the future. Doomsday cults pushing end times prophesy nonsense will continue to brainwash gullible uneducated people. 

Around the Network
ResidentToxy said:
o_O.Q said:
the verses become reality because the people that wrote it ( or maybe it really was a god ) had a profound understanding of human nature, they knew that at some point society would come to dismiss these core values and that chaos would come about as a result

Ah yes, the classic core values that we should adhere to, such as:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Deut. 22:13-21

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ ... if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you."

Matthew 10:34

34Do not assume thatI have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. - Jesus

These are the core principles that society should follow. It doesn't matter if there is no evidence for any sort of deity, we should all follow the virtues of an archaic book written in the Middle East 2,000 years or so ago.

i don't believe the bible is supposed to be taken absolutely literally... i think that under proper interpretations the core values are beneficial for people to adhere to...

for example i believe the story with regards to adam and eve is the story of man evolving from primitive to modern man and the consequences of gaining self awareness

i don't think "the flood" was really about water levels rising and everything being physically destroyed besides an ark, but about what happens when societies become too corrupt

only dumb people would think that story is literally about a talking snake or really about a physical flood imo and even dumber people would dismiss it out of hand without further investigation to figure out what is actually being said and why it had such a profound impact on society...

but lets just watch and see where society goes to when the core values are thrown away and a relativistic mindset takes over

anyone who's looking objectively can already see that things are starting to unravel

spurgeonryan said:
Thought this was a oosnap thread.

What about wars and rumors of wars. Also world war 1 and 2.

I forgot about that part, I saw Michael Heisner say that war(s) is used to mean two and many wars means 3 or more, as fas as translating greek goes.

So, it rumors of wars could be the cold war and this terrible feeling we have these days of a pending conflict at any moment, it could be right on schedule.

Good one remembering that verse, I am impressed.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Every generation has wanted to be the last and be special and unique. The Bible claims the Earth,  the solar system, the stars and the entire universe were invented by God in 7 days, only 6,000 years ago. The Bible can not be used to make future predictions. No one can see into the future. Doomsday cults pushing end times prophesy nonsense will continue to brainwash gullible uneducated people. 

A lot of christian scholars, like Willian Lane Craig and John Lennox, think the Bible DO NOT state the 6k years period.

I, in other hand, right now, believe the young Earth could be a reality. As far as I know the fossils and oil reserves could be formed in the Noah´s Flood.

However, I am not entirely sure, there are problems with the datation methods like Carbon 14 and others, but I could be wrong on this one. 

My favorite authors do not agree with the young Earth timeline, I still think it is totally possible.

However, this is one of those things we will only know for sure after we die, Pascal wager kind of deal once again.

I do agree that the darwinian timetable is the widespread opinion and I know for sure how ridiculous it sounds to believe in 6k timeline. But, well, even more stupid things were proved truth.

This is one of these "I think this, but I could very well be wrong" kind of deals, really.

It is like when I think a girl likes me, but I can only be sure if I ask her. Sometimes not even asking. Many girls say they do not like you out of nervousness. Happened to me before...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Nem said:
Oh another one of these!

I thought they had ended after all the 2000, 2012, etc. duds.

I tried to bring something new and fresh to the discussion. As usual, I failed miserably...

o_O.Q said:
ResidentToxy said:

Ah yes, the classic core values that we should adhere to, such as:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Deut. 22:13-21

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ ... if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you."

Matthew 10:34

34Do not assume thatI have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. - Jesus

These are the core principles that society should follow. It doesn't matter if there is no evidence for any sort of deity, we should all follow the virtues of an archaic book written in the Middle East 2,000 years or so ago.

i don't believe the bible is supposed to be taken absolutely literally... i think that under proper interpretations the core values are beneficial for people to adhere to...

for example i believe the story with regards to adam and eve is the story of man evolving from primitive to modern man and the consequences of gaining self awareness

i don't think "the flood" was really about water levels rising and everything being physically destroyed besides an ark, but about what happens when societies become too corrupt

only dumb people would think that story is literally about a talking snake or really about a physical flood imo and even dumber people would dismiss it out of hand without further investigation to figure out what is actually being said and why it had such a profound impact on society...

but lets just watch and see where society goes to when the core values are thrown away and a relativistic mindset takes over

anyone who's looking objectively can already see that things are starting to unravel

The bible is supposedly the word of god. So if you cannot interpret what it says literally, that means that the word of god is flawed. If people have to constantly twist the bible to mean what they want it to mean, they may as well write their own book that contains the meanings that are better suited their own agenda. Which they essentially do, considering the dominant religions are Abrahamic. 

You do not need religion to have morals. Religious people will state otherwise because they have a god-complex. They are better than everyone else, including other religious people. The only exception is if they believe in the same religion, and they interpret said religion the same way. Otherwise, they believe that a loving god condemns everyone to burn for eternity for not believing in him. 
If god were real, all god would have to do is reveal him or herself. 

The concept of religion is to have faith in a psychopath. The psychopath never reveals themself to the world, yet the world must believe in and love this psychopath. If not, the psychopath will both condemn and torture them for eternity. 

People educating themselves and showing more compassion towards others will benefit society. Whereas believing in Doomsday theories and fairy tales will just lead to stagnation.