By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

Porcupine_I said:
We already have the mark of the beast in form of UPC codes. Inform yourself people.

I expect the mark to be an implant you place in your hand and forehead for money exchange and probably for some form of Deus EX kind of improvement of some sort.

The catch 22 is that you have to worship the one world leader to get it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. What makes this specific prophecy any more valid than the countless others.

It is not a prediction of when the world will end like many others, only of what events will take place before the end of the world is here.

The Christian view is that only God knows the exact time of the end of the world, so it would be a direct contradiction to Jesus' teaching to say when the end of the world will occur.

And here I was thinking the world would end before mankind made interdimensional portals. On the brightside humans come to their end listening badass metal while killing demons they let in themselves doom style.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

ResidentToxy said:

Surely you do not believe that a 600 year old man built an ark in the middle of the desert and managed to get two of every animal. Yes this includes penguins. A man in the Middle East gathered penguins. 

Also, there is no evidence that proves that the earth is only 6,000 years old. On the contrary, there is plenty of evidence that proves that the earth is far more older. The oldest fossil discovered is approximately 4.2 billion years old.

Unfortunately it is common for Christians and non-Christians to try and create a heteronomous culture.  It is best not to approach people in that way as it only invites conflict.

Remember that science is only what the majority consensus is at the time, and some "facts" in the past were later considered incorrect by the same science.

Do not be so naive that that you do not see the limitation in knowledge and perception that we have.

WagnerPaiva said:
Porcupine_I said:
We already have the mark of the beast in form of UPC codes. Inform yourself people.

I expect the mark to be an implant you place in your hand and forehead for money exchange and probably for some form of Deus EX kind of improvement of some sort.

The catch 22 is that you have to worship the one world leader to get it.

Then we have that too. It's called a KKK hood

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Jabba89 said:
ResidentToxy said:

Surely you do not believe that a 600 year old man built an ark in the middle of the desert and managed to get two of every animal. Yes this includes penguins. A man in the Middle East gathered penguins. 

Also, there is no evidence that proves that the earth is only 6,000 years old. On the contrary, there is plenty of evidence that proves that the earth is far more older. The oldest fossil discovered is approximately 4.2 billion years old.

Unfortunately it is common for Christians and non-Christians to try and create a heteronomous culture.  It is best not to approach people in that way as it only invites conflict.

Remember that science is only what the majority consensus is at the time, and some "facts" in the past were later considered incorrect by the same science.

Do not be so naive that that you do not see the limitation in knowledge and perception that we have.

If you think science is only based on what the popular opinion of that time is, you have no idea what science is or how it functions in any capacity. 

I have no idea how naivety even became a topic. This has nothing to do with the baffling logic found within religious texts, other than the fact that to believe in these texts, one has to wilfully ignore logic and embrace fantasy as if it were real.

As I cannot discern the rest of what you are trying to present, I will not warrant it with a response. 

Jabba89 said:
collint0101 said:
People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. What makes this specific prophecy any more valid than the countless others.

It is not a prediction of when the world will end like many others, only of what events will take place before the end of the world is here.

The Christian view is that only God knows the exact time of the end of the world, so it would be a direct contradiction to Jesus' teaching to say when the end of the world will occur.

Absolutelly. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Qwark said:
And here I was thinking the world would end before mankind made interdimensional portals. On the brightside humans come to their end listening badass metal while killing demons they let in themselves doom style.

It is aboslutelly what I expect if such a crazy event happen: people trying to fight back the creatures. And, crazy as it sounds, I fully expect it to happen some day, 10 years, 1000 years from now, that I do not know. The weird thing is: during the 5 months the monsters roam the Earth, no one can die. They seek death, but death flee from them.

Revelation 9:

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Dota2Gamer said:

9. God wins, sinners will be placed in hell.

Goddamnit, use spoiler tags next time!

=P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.