By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

Flilix said:
I think that Trump is actually a North-Korean spy. He's currently building a giant pudding factory in the Sahara desert. The world will be flooded by pudding and humans will go extinct.

After the Russia stuff, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the media started saying stuff like this in the near future..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

The prophecy is not a prediction, it's a plan.

Minus maybe a few things. It's meant to establish a new Kingdom that will last a thousand years. And yes, you'll be a complete slave, that's the whole point.

palou said:
numberwang said:

The book is commonly dated to the end of Domitian at 95 AD so there would be more than 5 fallen emperors.

As said, you don't need any more than the points stated in the OP to determine that the source material was talking about Romans.

"1 - One world government under one leader"

That's pretty obvious. In 95 AD, the roman empire is in its final stages of expansion (stabilized at around 117 AD), when their conquests seemed the most neverending. From the (very limited) point of view of someone having grown up in the contempory Jewish culture, Rome DID already conquer most of the world, pretty much all of the land part of local folklore (Egypt, Israel, Mesopotamia, Assyria, etc...) having been assimilated. There is 1 ruler, as it is an empire.

"3 - One single currency for the whole world, mark of the beast"

"4 - One world religion that adores the Beast"

Obvious consequence of the former. Any religion that isn't their own is, of course, satanic.

"5- Concentration camps to kill christians"

95 AD happens to be in the starting period of the systematic purge  of christians in the empire (the reign of Domitian). Probably not yet wide-spread, but increasing, and a fear that any christian surely must have had at the time

"8- Worldwide conflict and war"

Written in Judea, in the middle of the brutally silenced Jewish Revolts (66 - 136 AD) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_wars . One of the biggest bloodbaths the world had seen, at that point (over a million civilians killed by the Romans - notice, Judea only had a population of around 3 million at the time.)

6- Environment disasters that cause famine"

What they were hoping for, I guess. Saved them in Egypt, why not against the Romans, since beating them in combat seems hopeless.

"9 - Return of Jesus Christ as a super powerful warrior with supernatural powers"

Again, what they were hoping for - a leader to get rid of the Romans. Many historians believe that this was the original expectation that the Jewish people had of Christ when he came to Jerusalem, the anger of the public coming from the dissapointment. 

Fitting it into Roman times is as good as fitting it into modern times, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The five fallen Emperors do not fit well to the year 95 AD unless you date the book back to the times of Nero. The 10 horns of the beast (10 kingdoms) fit nowhere into the Roman Empire.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Flilix said:
I think that Trump is actually a North-Korean spy. He's currently building a giant pudding factory in the Sahara desert. The world will be flooded by pudding and humans will go extinct.

After the Russia stuff, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the media started saying stuff like this in the near future..

It's true. I have proof.

WagnerPaiva said:
vivster said:
So what you're saying is that the Apocalypse will never happen? You should have a talk with King Bob-omb.

I believe the events of Revelation will indeed happen. But I have to admit there is a lot of stuff that has to happen or change so the pieces fall into place.

Specially tech to open portals, as I do not expect any of the event happen like magical special effects in movies. But obeying the order that is in place, somehow.

It could come about as an alien invasion, but instead of coming from another planet, the monsters would come from another realm, dimension.

So how many million years you think it will take for every single item on that list will happen at the same time?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

shikamaru317 said:
numberwang said:

Santa is a fictional character, so I don't see a problem with it. There are many other legends of the past who have numerous interpretations.

numberwang said:
palou said:

As said, you don't need any more than the points stated in the OP to determine that the source material was talking about Romans.

"1 - One world government under one leader"

That's pretty obvious. In 95 AD, the roman empire is in its final stages of expansion (stabilized at around 117 AD), when their conquests seemed the most neverending. From the (very limited) point of view of someone having grown up in the contempory Jewish culture, Rome DID already conquer most of the world, pretty much all of the land part of local folklore (Egypt, Israel, Mesopotamia, Assyria, etc...) having been assimilated. There is 1 ruler, as it is an empire.

"3 - One single currency for the whole world, mark of the beast"

"4 - One world religion that adores the Beast"

Obvious consequence of the former. Any religion that isn't their own is, of course, satanic.

"5- Concentration camps to kill christians"

95 AD happens to be in the starting period of the systematic purge  of christians in the empire (the reign of Domitian). Probably not yet wide-spread, but increasing, and a fear that any christian surely must have had at the time

"8- Worldwide conflict and war"

Written in Judea, in the middle of the brutally silenced Jewish Revolts (66 - 136 AD) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_wars . One of the biggest bloodbaths the world had seen, at that point (over a million civilians killed by the Romans - notice, Judea only had a population of around 3 million at the time.)

6- Environment disasters that cause famine"

What they were hoping for, I guess. Saved them in Egypt, why not against the Romans, since beating them in combat seems hopeless.

"9 - Return of Jesus Christ as a super powerful warrior with supernatural powers"

Again, what they were hoping for - a leader to get rid of the Romans. Many historians believe that this was the original expectation that the Jewish people had of Christ when he came to Jerusalem, the anger of the public coming from the dissapointment. 

Fitting it into Roman times is as good as fitting it into modern times, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The five fallen Emperors do not fit well to the year 95 AD unless you date the book back to the times of Nero. The 10 horns of the beast (10 kingdoms) fit nowhere into the Roman Empire.

My point being, the prediction offers little that could be considered exceptional, or far-fetched, for someone that lives in th Judea in 95 AD, that has become any closer to becoming true since then (with the exception of number 2, though I'd like a direct quote to see exactly how vague/precise he was being in the quote.) 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Hiku said:
WagnerPaiva said:

To me the Book of Revelation is the most fascinating piece of writting that ever existed, specially because tons of verses once thought ridiculous suddenly become reality as time passes.

Can you list more of those then? Because you only listed one. "#2 Worldwide transmission of images and sound liv"

I would say all the verses mentioning Israel were considered weird till 1948.

The one world currency was considered absurd for a long while, specially with the mark as the token to enter the system. Nowdays, althought it is still not in place, it is certainly not ridiculous.

The verses talking about the whole world rejoicing at the same time as they see the prophets killed in Jerusalem, and at a time the far East (India, China, Japan) and part of the west (Afrika, the northern kingdons) where not ignored by the apostles. That part I guess is linked to the one you mentioned, but there are more verses that where crazy talk till worldwide internet and stuff existed.

Pretty much everything after the chapter 4 has some cool things that once were crazy but now make a lot of sense.

My point is: there are parts that still sound crazy, and I wonder what is yet to come. As I said, the part that fascinates the most is the gate of the abyss opening and creatures coming out. Door to a different dimension?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Hiku said:

Can you list more of those then? Because you only listed one. "#2 Worldwide transmission of images and sound liv"

I would say all the verses mentioning Israel were considered weird till 1948.

The one world currency was considered absurd for a long while, specially with the mark as the token to enter the system. Nowdays, althought it is still not in place, it is certainly not ridiculous.

The verses talking about the whole world rejoicing at the same time as they see the prophets killed in Jerusalem, and at a time the far East (India, China, Japan) and part of the west (Afrika, the northern kingdons) where not ignored by the apostles. That part I guess is linked to the one you mentioned, but there are more verses that where crazy talk till worldwide internet and stuff existed.

Pretty much everything after the chapter 4 has some cool things that once were crazy but now make a lot of sense.

My point is: there are parts that still sound crazy, and I wonder what is yet to come. As I said, the part that fascinates the most is the gate of the abyss opening and creatures coming out. Door to a different dimension?

Yes, it is still ridiculous. China, Russia and the US all adopting the same currency? You see that as realistic?